Best transportation?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
SarahAnn_Love
Burning Since: 2019

Best transportation?

Post by SarahAnn_Love » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi! It’s my first year...I’m camping at 2:30 but am planning on spending a lot of time around 9:30/10, is a normal bike the best mode of transportation between the 2? I understand they are very far apart... Thank you!

Sham

Re: Best transportation?

Post by Sham » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:37 pm

SarahAnn_Love wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:23 pm
Hi! It’s my first year...I’m camping at 2:30 but am planning on spending a lot of time around 9:30/10, is a normal bike the best mode of transportation between the 2? I understand they are very far apart... Thank you!
They are pretty far apart, but you Just have to head across the open playa to go in the right direction. Maybe a scenic 15 minute bike ride. My preference is a cruiser bike as opposed to a mountain bike. The playa is flat and you'll get to ride up straight on the cruiser. Don't forget a good dust mask and goggles. The reports are it's pretty dusty. :shock:

SarahAnn_Love

Post by SarahAnn_Love » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 pm

Oh nice thank you! I wasn’t sure that we could go directly across instead of around! Shouldn’t be too bad on a regular bike I guess :) have a beautiful week!

SarahAnn_Love

Post by SarahAnn_Love » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Oh nice thank you! I wasn’t sure that we could go directly across instead of around! Shouldn’t be too bad on a regular bike I guess :) have a beautiful week!
Sham wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:37 pm
SarahAnn_Love wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:23 pm
They are pretty far apart, but you Just have to head across the open playa to go in the right direction. Maybe a scenic 15 minute bike ride. My preference is a cruiser bike as opposed to a mountain bike. The playa is flat and you'll get to side up straight on the cruiser. Don't forget a good dust mask and goggles. The reports are it's pretty dusty. :shock:

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”