storage in reno????

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
jessisandi

storage in reno????

Post by jessisandi » Thu May 21, 2009 9:17 am

hey yall! im coming in from nyc and i am planning on purchasing one of those playa domes from shelter systems. i am flying into reno i do not think i want to fly with a dome... was thinking to ship the dome to reno and then leave the dome in reno year round in a storage facility there in reno... any suggestions???

SilverOrange

Post by SilverOrange » Thu May 21, 2009 10:35 am

Can I mdmf007? Please! I've been waiting patiently for an opportunity!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=reno%2C+nevada+storage

Maybe this will help you jessisandi.

Thanks I feel better now.

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Thu May 21, 2009 10:37 am

SilverOrange wrote:Can I mdmf007? Please! I've been waiting patiently for an opportunity!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=reno%2C+nevada+storage
Maybe this will help you jessisandi.
Thanks I feel better now.
Its like starting a slow clap in a movie - you have to find the perfect moment - and you did. Well done. Do you not feel your Snarkiness need fulfilled today?

Well done my friend.

jessisandi

Post by jessisandi » Thu May 21, 2009 11:25 am

i wanted to know if anyone used a place and had a good or bad experince with it, i know how to google. have a nice day asshole

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Thu May 21, 2009 11:26 am

sweet.........
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

SilverOrange

Post by SilverOrange » Thu May 21, 2009 12:30 pm

You too, princess.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu May 21, 2009 12:41 pm

jessisandi wrote:i wanted to know if anyone used a place and had a good or bad experince with it, i know how to google. have a nice day asshole
My, my...with only 10 posts, that's NOT the way to win friends and influence people.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Boijoy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Thu May 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Maybe you should just have it shipped to yourself (so you can pratice setting it up).. and then just before the burn ship it out to Brunos or something. Seems like your going to spend alot of money to store a pretty small object. I have a shelter system also, they are GREAT in dust storms! They do need two people to set up even the small ones.
don't forget to floss

mikesieben

Post by mikesieben » Thu May 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Jessi is my friend, hi Jessi!

The storage space will be for a lot more than just the dome, we will all be keeping things in there in fact!

Any burners have a good location?

jessisandi

Post by jessisandi » Thu May 21, 2009 1:00 pm

[quote="jkisha"][quote="jessisandi"]i wanted to know if anyone used a place and had a good or bad experince with it, i know how to google. have a nice day asshole[/quote]

My, my...with only 10 posts, that's NOT the way to win friends and influence people.

JK[/quote]

sorry if i offended you, but that dude was certainly snarky...., i had a question about dragging a lot of things from nyc to burning ma and storing it in reno. i figured this was my best place to go. i am NOT a person who uses message boards regularly, and never will be. i still think that guy is an asshole, i still dont understand why he would go OUT of his way to say something nasty to me. he could have easily ignored my post

jessisandi

Post by jessisandi » Thu May 21, 2009 1:05 pm

[quote="mikesieben"]Jessi is my friend, hi Jessi!

The storage space will be for a lot more than just the dome, we will all be keeping things in there in fact!

Any burners have a good location?[/quote]

thanks mike! in the future ill let you handle posting!!!!

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Thu May 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Ya gotta learn to relax a litle, jessi..... A lot of folks on this board like to have a little fun, and your first post was kinda vague.....

How about this.... You google the area(s) and price(s) your interested in, and us locals will tell you what we know about the place(s)...... :D

And try to enjoy the snarky-ness...... It's part of the board....... :D
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon

jessisandi

Post by jessisandi » Thu May 21, 2009 1:24 pm

[quote="thisisthatwhichis"]Ya gotta learn to relax a litle, jessi..... A lot of folks on this board like to have a little fun, and your first post was kinda vague.....

How about this.... You google the area(s) and price(s) your interested in, and us locals will tell you what we know about the place(s)...... :D

[size=9]And try to enjoy the snarky-ness...... It's part of the board....... :D [/size][/quote]

thank you!!! i am renting my van from uhaul, there is one 1.5 miles from the airport. they do have storage facilities there. the prices start at$ 45 per month..... have you guys ever used uhaul to store things? your feedback really is appreciated!!!

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Thu May 21, 2009 1:39 pm

I scoped out a pile of the storage places around here before moving here myself.

They are all about the same in price...take your pick would be my advise.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Thu May 21, 2009 1:43 pm

U-haul is prolly good. You didn't post an address, though, so I can't tell you about the 'hood......

Also, do they receive and store it for you?

P.S. If you Enable BBCode, your "quote" will display in a nice box..... :)
TITWI

jessisandi

Post by jessisandi » Thu May 21, 2009 1:44 pm

[quote="oneeyeddick"]I scoped out a pile of the storage places around here before moving here myself.

They are all about the same in price...take your pick would be my advise.[/quote]

thank you! i am also looking into ferley, it looks a bit cheaper there. i also wanted to know if any of the storage places are burner friendly or not...

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Thu May 21, 2009 1:46 pm

jessisandi wrote:
oneeyeddick wrote:I scoped out a pile of the storage places around here before moving here myself.

They are all about the same in price...take your pick would be my advise.
thank you! i am also looking into ferley, it looks a bit cheaper there. i also wanted to know if any of the storage places are burner friendly or not...
I don't think any of them care what you put in there, as long as it doesn't start smelling after couple of weeks....... (or leak oil)
TITWI

mdmf007

Post by mdmf007 » Thu May 21, 2009 2:04 pm

jessisandi wrote:i wanted to know if anyone used a place and had a good or bad experince with it, i know how to google. have a nice day asshole
Only a perfectly placed Snarky comment could elicit a response like that!! Well done Silver Orange...lol

But seriously - what did you expect Jessi, we were supposed to guess what you were looking for from your first post, other than a drop off address or storage unit?

So - There's a storage unit right outside Empire, I have heard good and bad about them, maybe the locals know more about it.

Good luck -

Boijoy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Thu May 21, 2009 3:45 pm

A storage place next to a grocery store might be a good idea, so your not driving all over the place to pick up stuff.
don't forget to floss

bdeywoo

Post by bdeywoo » Thu May 21, 2009 4:58 pm

They are not all the same price, far from it in fact.

Depends on your needs, and how much upfront you are willing to pay.

Check your PM's

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu May 21, 2009 7:11 pm

jessisandi wrote:
jkisha wrote:

JK
sorry if i offended you, but that dude was certainly snarky...., i had a question about dragging a lot of things from nyc to burning ma and storing it in reno. i figured this was my best place to go. i am NOT a person who uses message boards regularly, and never will be. i still think that guy is an asshole, i still dont understand why he would go OUT of his way to say something nasty to me. he could have easily ignored my post
Wow, does anyone remember Burning Ma? The Ma in question was Ma Bell, and all those PCBs gave off those totally toxic fumes that induced halllucinations.
Those were the days.

And, btw, anybody new to any community is going to get a little hazing. At least here it's reletively open. And believe or not, it';s mostly friendly.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

jessisandi

Post by jessisandi » Thu May 21, 2009 7:15 pm

[quote="theCryptofishist"][quote="jessisandi"][quote="jkisha"][quote="jessisandi"]i wanted to know if anyone used a place and had a good or bad experince with it, i know how to google. have a nice day asshole[/quote]

JK[/quote]

sorry if i offended you, but that dude was certainly snarky...., i had a question about dragging a lot of things from nyc to[b][color=red] burning ma [/color][/b] and storing it in reno. i figured this was my best place to go. i am NOT a person who uses message boards regularly, and never will be. i still think that guy is an asshole, i still dont understand why he would go OUT of his way to say something nasty to me. he could have easily ignored my post[/quote]

Wow, does anyone remember Burning Ma? The Ma in question was Ma Bell, and all those PCBs gave off those totally toxic fumes that induced halllucinations.
Those were the days.

And, btw, anybody new to any community is going to get a little hazing. At least here it's reletively open. And believe or not, it';s mostly friendly.[/quote]

no problem thank you for all the responses!!!

SilverOrange

Post by SilverOrange » Thu May 21, 2009 7:42 pm

jessisandi wrote: i still think that guy is an asshole, i still dont understand why he would go OUT of his way to say something nasty to me. he could have easily ignored my post
Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities, but I don't recall saying anything nasty to you whatsoever. I did, in fact, answer the question asked. It seems pretty unreasonable to get upset with me for not answering the question that you DIDN'T ask. As far as calling me an asshole...it's ok, I forgive you. Big hug.

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Thu May 21, 2009 8:08 pm

hehehe,...... Jessi, welcome to the world that is EPlaya (not the Playa(tm))..... 8)
Yes, we all have fun, but if you want to make this happen, .... well,... it can..... :D
TITWI

mdmf007

Post by mdmf007 » Thu May 21, 2009 8:23 pm

SilverOrange wrote:
jessisandi wrote: i still think that guy is an asshole, i still dont understand why he would go OUT of his way to say something nasty to me. he could have easily ignored my post
Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities, but I don't recall saying anything nasty to you whatsoever. I did, in fact, answer the question asked. It seems pretty unreasonable to get upset with me for not answering the question that you DIDN'T ask. As far as calling me an asshole...it's ok, I forgive you. Big hug.
You total puss!!! you dont give perfectly good snark like that eliciting an "Asshole" response only to apologize, and telehug? I thought I taught you better than that...

SilverOrange

Post by SilverOrange » Thu May 21, 2009 8:27 pm

mdmf007 wrote:
SilverOrange wrote:
You total puss!!! you dont give perfectly good snark like that eliciting an "Asshole" response only to apologize, and telehug? I thought I taught you better than that...
You're the master, I am but a lowly student.

mdmf007

Post by mdmf007 » Thu May 21, 2009 8:31 pm

SilverOrange wrote:
mdmf007 wrote:
SilverOrange wrote: Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities, but I don't recall saying anything nasty to you whatsoever. I did, in fact, answer the question asked. It seems pretty unreasonable to get upset with me for not answering the question that you DIDN'T ask. As far as calling me an asshole...it's ok, I forgive you. Big hug.
You see Jessisandi - this is how it works here, ask a question and get snarked on. Silver has 100 posts and gets it (and gives it), how come your so far behind the curve?

jessisandi

Post by jessisandi » Thu May 21, 2009 10:59 pm

mdmf007 wrote:
SilverOrange wrote:
mdmf007 wrote: You total puss!!! you dont give perfectly good snark like that eliciting an "Asshole" response only to apologize, and telehug? I thought I taught you better than that...
You see Jessisandi - this is how it works here, ask a question and get snarked on. Silver has 100 posts and gets it (and gives it), how come your so far behind the curve?
ill try to cut back on smoking so much good stuff

(do not turn off the quotes and it makes more sense - my only change to this post)

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Red Tea Camp

Post by dragonpilot » Thu May 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Will SOMEBODY please explain to this poor girl how to reply with quotes!

(I would, but I don't know how, either)
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

Playa Tom

Post by Playa Tom » Fri May 22, 2009 1:42 am

The storage in Empire is: Black Rock Storage 775-557-2608 I'm sorry but I don't know anything about them aside from going there for a yard sale last year.
Please feel free to have your stuff shipped to Bruno's, I would love to be there when they try to give Bruno your stuff. "Whaddafuck is this shit? It ain't my shit! Whadda I want this shit for? Take this fucking shit back I don.t want this fuckingshit!"

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”