Late Arrival

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
mode-of-operation

Late Arrival

Post by mode-of-operation » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:57 pm

This is my first year so I'm unsure what problem this may cause.

I can't make it there until Wednsday evening. Will there still be enough parking for my truck, camp, ect? I don't care if I'm way out on the outskirts as long as I'm there and have plenty of room.

Tiahaar
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Post by Tiahaar » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 am

plenty plenty of room...and even in the middle streets if you look around and ask nicely...street frontage does get scarce other than the outermost roads, but if you don't care about that no worries. say hi to the neighbors, check that your scene is a compatible match with theirs, share goodies :P
Burning Man 2003-19; Desert Carillon, HypnoHorse, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage and Sound Tech, 747 Project
Starship Palomino

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:19 am

Welcome to Eplaya.

Yes, there should be room. If you want a spot close in, just park on an outer lot and walk into the middle. Ask around, explaining your situation. Some folks leave early for various reasons and you could take their space. Once you have found the neighbors you want, go back out, get your rig, drive to your spot and park it. Park it for the week, please.

There is less than 3 months to go. Most people have bought their tickets already. Remember, no ticket sales at the gate...
Image current moon
" Build your wall. we got tunnels. " - George Lopez

phil

Post by phil » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:27 am

> just park on an outer lot and walk into the middle. Ask around,
> explaining your situation.

That's one of my favorite events at Burning Man. Wednesday and Thursday, a bunch of people arrive and drive around in the inner streets asking everyone where they can camp. These people are shocked to find that all the spaces in close are taken already. Then they're angered by the abuse they're getting for driving around and raising dust.

I yell at them to drive faster and raise more dust. People think I'm being ironic. They don't watch enough Morning Joe.

This post is sponsored by Bean Street Coffee
359 S B St
San Mateo, CA 94401
(650) 579-1844
locally owned long before we moved here in 2002 or so.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:48 am

Phil pontificated:
..........That's one of my favorite events at Burning Man. Wednesday and Thursday, a bunch of people arrive and drive around in the inner streets asking everyone where they can camp. These people are shocked to find that all the spaces in close are taken already. Then they're angered by the abuse they're getting for driving around and raising dust.

I yell at them to drive faster and raise more dust. People think I'm being ironic. They don't watch enough Morning Joe.

I like hooking a section of chain link fencing on a short rope to their bumpers.........great entertainment as they make corners and, wonder why everyone is yelling about dust.........let alone all the random bicycles and camp gear they snag. sort of like "drift netting".......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:23 pm

I find it doesn't really matter where the hell you hang your hat. Every camping spot is located in Black Rock City... it's pretty damn cool no matter the address.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:44 am

This is how it shall be for you.

You will join a theme camp. Thus your way will be made clear.

You will bring fresh fruits and vegetables as you make your entrance.

The man will burn in the darkness.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”