Travel Tales

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
PaDrama
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Red Moon

Travel Tales

Post by PaDrama » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:53 pm

Can someone please tell me some of their travel tales to the playa? I was there two years ago and needed to leave early due to an emergency back home... boy woa boy-- what adventure: hitchhiking, stressing, trusting my life in strangers' hands, nearly drove someone's truck to the airport but thought better of it on account that i don't have a license and can barely drive (thanks anyway for the kind offer, Metric!)

This time around, I planned to plan-- but lo and behold, it is NOT that accessible for two Canadian gals hopping off the plane late evening of 31st of August...

Any suggestions, ideas, offers???? Can't rent a car-- really don't want to shlep our bags and hitchhike again... I hear that's illegal anyway... I have posted on rideshare but it's not looking too optimistic...

xoxox
PasDRAMA :lol:

trystanthegypsy

Post by trystanthegypsy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:06 pm

Ride board ride board ride board!

I'm driving all the way from Canada MWAHAHA CRAZY LACK OF SLEEP heeheee we're not even on the playa yet and all the pretty lights are dancing....

(I would offer a ride but my small car is full of dome!)

z276

Post by z276 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:01 pm

better than your dome being full of car I suppose.

Craftsmn

Post by Craftsmn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:17 pm

It is good to plan ahead but perhaps it is a little early for the rideshare board. I usually offer rides from Denver and don't check the rideshare board or put an ad on craigslist till early August. Hang in there and someone will respond or you will see a posting that works out for you. There is also the bio-diesel bus. BioBus Space Shuttle

http://www.burncleanproject.org/2009/06 ... -brc-reno/

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”