Advice needed....getting a rider to her camp

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
jcliff
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Advice needed....getting a rider to her camp

Post by jcliff » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:25 pm

I'm giving a rider a lift to the playa Tues morning. I'm home in Lamplighter Village but she's in Cupcake Village. Am I expected to drive her to her camp? I hate driving on the playa anymore than I have to. Please advise how to handle this best. Can't wait to get to get home to you all!

Dork

Post by Dork » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:35 pm

The usual method is to drive to her camp first, drop off her and her stuff, then drive to your own camp. This little bit of extra driving is not a problem, and since her camp is on the map it should be relatively easy to get right to her camp. Don't be in too much of a rush! Take your time getting there, unloading, and moving on to your own camp. Realizing some of her gear is still in your car and having to haul it back on your bike the next day is a pain!

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Dork wrote:The usual method is to drive to her camp first, drop off her and her stuff, then drive to your own camp. This little bit of extra driving is not a problem, and since her camp is on the map it should be relatively easy to get right to her camp. Don't be in too much of a rush! Take your time getting there, unloading, and moving on to your own camp. Realizing some of her gear is still in your car and having to haul it back on your bike the next day is a pain!
Agreed. Go the extra mile you lazy ass hippie.
It's what you make it.

SirRound

Post by SirRound » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:57 pm

you are kidding me, right? this cant be a real question.

jcliff
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Post by jcliff » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Man alive....the nastiness on eplaya is sometimes hard to believe. I asked not because I don't want to help out my rider.....I just know that you aren't supposed to drive on the playa any more than is necessary. I appreciate the one thoughtful reply that gave me the information I needed. Have a great Burn.

stargeezer

Post by stargeezer » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:25 pm

So you are going to the burn, and can't understand why those still on eplaya rather than in transit are a bit snarky?? How many hints would it take??

You got enough good advice to address your problem. I would suggest leaving it at that rather question how nasty other replies can be. In your own way, you are much more nasty, as you are rubbing salt in the wound for all those that cannot go.
If you want to reach for the stars, you better have long arms!

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”