Getting dropped off at front gate... Problem?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
Zomb

Getting dropped off at front gate... Problem?

Post by Zomb » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:04 pm

I'm getting a ride tomorrow from someone who isn't going to burning man. He says that they will not let me get dropped off at the front gate unless I have a ride to my camp. Is this true? If so, can anyone take me from
the gate to Ashram Galactica? Thanks!

SirRound

Post by SirRound » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:47 pm

dont sweat it, there will be thousands upon thousands of vehicles who will be in the helping mood. the traffic at the gate is so stop and go that you will have no prob asking car to car.

skibear
Burning Since: 2002

Post by skibear » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Zomb is right. No walkin's.

Just ask in line & you'll likely get a ride immediately!

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:33 pm

hmmmm????

I must have missed that memo..

:shock:

SageV

Post by SageV » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:28 pm

It's true, I tried walking in once.

The Bass

Post by The Bass » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:48 pm

walked in sunday afternoon with no problems. hitched a ride to camp from the fifth vehicle that drove by.

SageV

Post by SageV » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:16 pm

The Bass wrote:walked in sunday afternoon with no problems. hitched a ride to camp from the fifth vehicle that drove by.
Well, to be clear I think what people are saying is you are welcome to walk/hitch your way into Burning Man. I've certainly done it. However, you may get crap at the ticket gate if you try to get in and you aren't in a vehicle.

So, since you never know who is going to be at ticket gate, the best advice would be to go ahead and walk to the ticket gate (quicker than waiting in that line in a car) and try to get in and if you get turned around, hitch a ride in with a car by the ticket gate.

Just don't try it in a sandstorm! People in cars may have impaired visibility and then its squishy hippy messing up their axles.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”