trying to build an art-bike

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
cgilsenan

trying to build an art-bike

Post by cgilsenan » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:16 pm

greetings, Burners. I am attempting to build my first art-bike, of the El-wire and mesh-screen variety. I have seen this done on the Playa, most noticably at night, as electric figures that change shape as the bike is ridden. Here is my question: how do I build the tubular frame for the screen, and how do I mount it all to the bike?

Thanks

Chris
chris

Zephryus

Post by Zephryus » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:20 pm

Dude, no need to cross post.

Menehune

Post by Menehune » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:32 am

First what is your skill level with hand tools….. are you mechanically inclined? What handtools do you have access to? What type of bicycle do you have… performance street…. mountain with a single pivot cross-country frame design or the basic with the front spoke shocks….. beach cruiser (big fat tires)…. steel or aluminum frame. What are the dimensions of the screen? Email this information….
Loves to share.... But does not play well with others....

satireDUN

Post by satireDUN » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:02 am

im building an art bike, too. ive decided to make mine out of plexiglass- light and sturdy.

for a frame, id suggest one of two things- iviary wire (easier to work with than chicken wire) or clear PVC tubing that you can bend over the eat of a candle.
"you might want to sit down, this is going to feel unpleasantly like being drunk"
"whats so bad about being drunk?"
"ask a glass of water"

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”