Virgin Burner from Boston

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
jekel35

Virgin Burner from Boston

Post by jekel35 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:15 am

Hey everyone,
This will be my first BM experience and am definitely looking forward to it.

I need some advice on traveling alone to BM. I am coming in from Boston, most probably flying in and going to find a ride to truck me up there. But does anyone have any advice on the best way to bring my equipment and what not.

And one more thing about the camping situation, should I try and team up with a group or is it realistic to find a spot and make camp??

Any help would be awesome... :D :D :D :D :D

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:05 am

You can go either way, plenty of people do both. Read through the threads and see if you get any ideas. I know, there's a ton of reading here. You'll get there.

Welcome.

Tamino

Post by Tamino » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:11 pm

As I posted before...

Check out the Boston Burner Meet and Greet at the Cambridge Brewing Company at 1 Kendall Square, Cambridge MA. Every Tuesday from 7:30pm till whenever.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Craftsmn

Post by Craftsmn » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:29 am

There is the burningtruck which is a cooperative effort new englanders use to get their stuff to Black Rock City.

http://burningtruck.chaoshacker.org/

If you check out the Meet and Greet you will meet people who camp alone, small groups and big magnificent theme camps. One being AutoSub.

http://www.automaticsubconscious.com

KitchenFink

Post by KitchenFink » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Hey I'm a fellow virgin Bostonian burner!
Maybs ill see you at the meet and greet whenevs it is.
There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction
Salvador Dali

LilBoosch

Ditto

Post by LilBoosch » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:29 am

I too am a virgin burner from outside Boston, hitting it this year for the first time. I've been trolling the forums and starting construction on our shade structure and hexayurt. Hope to make a meetup late this month to start finding kindred spirits in the flesh.

~lilBoosch
~Boosch

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:25 am

I'm neither a virgin burner (this will be my 12th year) nor do I live in Boston, but I will be out there in 10 days to run the Boston Marathon. Anybody doing anything for the pre-race festivities?

Bluemandrew

Post by Bluemandrew » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:I'm neither a virgin burner (this will be my 12th year) nor do I live in Boston, but I will be out there in 10 days to run the Boston Marathon. Anybody doing anything for the pre-race festivities?
Drinking and cheering you on of course

Sham

Post by Sham » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Hey Doc, I am from Boston and I will be along Beacon Street at Havard Street (Coolage Corner) looking for your flaming hair. Unless you're from Kenya, I don't think you'll come in first place!

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:03 am

Look for the slow cripple (my hamstring is hurting) in bib number 24898. I will be in the second wave. As I recall from the last two times I ran Boston, you're at mile 24 or so, right? If so, I'll be gimping by around 3 p.m. or so. Maybe a few minutes later. Oh, and I'll probably have a red and white hat on which reads DR PYRO. Honest.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”