How To Plan Your Camp's Arrival After The Gates Open

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

How To Plan Your Camp's Arrival After The Gates Open

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:08 pm

This post is intended as a resource guide for new burners, camp leaders, and campmates alike - basically anybody who's arriving after the Burning Man gates open and/or arriving in multiple vehicles. It doesn't matter whether you're a camp that completed a questionnaire who was not able to be placed, you missed a registration deadline, had a big camp shakeup and are starting over, or don't even have any kind of theme. You're coming to Burning Man and it's going to be awesome!

Let's start off by talking about camps who wanted, but did not get placement (if that isn't you, skip this part and go to Gate Day). If you were not placed, it is not the end of the world! Let's not get into the blame game, don't go lynching your camp leader or coordinator, and don't go blasting the placement team. They go through more and more questionnaires each year than in the year before, and because every year almost every camp steps up their game what qualifies for placement is a moving target. It is what it is, so let's work with that. For many of you in this position, travel arrangements may already have been booked. My suggestion - unless you can change them at no cost, don't change them. In many cases, it's cheaper and easier to stick to the plan and just stay in Reno for a couple days. You can find some great hotel deals out there, and the awesome folks at Barbie Death Village have worked out a pretty sweet hotel deal (you can read more about that here). There are plenty of other options out there, with a little web searching you can find something that's right for you and your campmates. Use that extra day or two in Reno to your advantage - explore the Burners Guide To Reno (put together by Reno burners) and see if you can find better places to do your last minute shopping. If your camp has complex logistics, you might even want to consider checking out local storage for after the burn (no links for that, but you can investigate and find something that might work for you). Beyond that, relax for a bit and have fun. Take advantage of the pool or other amenities, spend time catching up with campmates, or go over those setup plans one more time. Soon enough, it'll be gate day.

Gate Day
Everyone should be reading this. As you may know, the BLM has given Burning Man permission to open the gates at 10AM on Sunday this year. Holy crap, that's awesome! The idea is that this will move even more of the heaviest traffic periods to daylight hours. That makes the highway a little safer, and has the added side effect of giving people a few more hours on the playa to get their camps set up. This means you!

If your group is traveling in several different vehicles, you will want to have a plan. Agree on a target neighborhood, and agree on a specific intersection (for example, 4:05 and E) to meet back up at. Click here to check out the 2014 BRC city map, print a copy for each vehicle with your target area clearly marked. Even if you rock the convoy on the way from Reno to BRC, by the time you get through the gate and greeters, your vehicles will probably get separated. Having a plan means less stress.

Do NOT plan to arrive before 10AM. What will happen is that the early arriving cars will wind up being parked in a staging area, and won't get into the city until the people who turned up at 10AM get in ahead of you. Ouch. Don't be that guy or girl, who goes through all that effort and puts in all that time, only to wind up in traffic limbo for several hours because you couldn't wait to get there. Figure that it's going to take you around 2 hours from Reno to Gerlach, so plan to leave Reno at or shortly after 8AM (after making sure you've topped off the tanks and iced up all the coolers). Veterans already know this, but for the benefit of the new folks, WATCH YOUR SPEED LIMIT! Basically, it goes like this: in between the little towns, the speed limit goes up and you can make great time, but when you approach one of those little towns the speed limit will quickly drop from 65+ down to 35 or even 25mph. And of course, there will be police officers on the lookout for people who don't slow down as they approach the tiny little town. Pay attention! It's not that they're jerks trying to get you, it's that they're sleepy little towns with tiny populations that include families with little kids, and the idea of thousands of fully loaded vehicles blasting down their main street at 75mph freaks them out.

Once you get past Gerlach and turn off the paved road and onto the gate road... you're almost there. Turn off the aircon or set it to recycled air so it doesn't suck up a bunch of playa dust. Stick to the posted speed limits! They're important for three very important reasons: first, the usual road safety junk; second, because driving faster contributes to tearing up the road and digging deep nasty ruts (veterans, you know how much they can suck); and third, because the dust you kick up will blow through the traffic ahead of you and also into the city.

With a 10AM gate, that means you'll be in that queue during the day, and probably as the day gets hotter. Holy crap, hydrate! It's worth noting that there are porta-potties on the gate road (several banks, I believe 64 in all),/i], but be sure that when *you* need to use one your vehicle won't be close. Make sure you've got a backup driver who can take over and let the driver high-tail it to the porta-potties. It does not matter what lane you are in - as you approach the gate, let them know if someone in your vehicle has a will call ticket - the gate staff will get you where you need to go safely. These people are awesome, and working hard to make sure people can get in quickly and safely - feel free to tell them you appreciate their hard work.

At the next step, they'll check your tickets and inspect your vehicle - YES, they have to inspect your vehicle! Know that someone is going to have to check through it, so leave some space when packing that cargo van or truck - the easier you make it for the gate crew, the easier you make it for yourself... and everybody else in the line. The best pro-tip I can share about this part is make sure your vehicle is easy to inspect. If it takes 20 minutes to dig through a big load, that's everybody in that line waiting 20 more minutes. If you pack like a champ and gate staff can get through it in 5 minutes, you just got everyone into Burning Man 15 minutes sooner :D The veterans already know this, but for the sake of the newbies, know that if a vehicle is found to be carrying a stowaway, tickets for everyone in that vehicle will be confiscated, the vehicle pass canceled [i](and denied any re-entry to BRC)
, and the entire vehicle will be turned around and sent back to Reno. Nobody wants that, make sure everyone getting into your vehicle has either a physical ticket or printouts of the info they'll need for will call.

Next will come Greeter's, which is another group of awesome people. If you've got a new person in your group (and I hope that you do), make sure they get the full court treatment (whatever that may entail). Holy crap, now you've gotten through greeters let's get to camp as fast as we can! Well, not quite. 5mph, folks! It's MUCH more important here, you are right on top of the city at this point. Leaving greeters is simple, left to go to the 9 side, right to go to the 3 side. If you're aiming for 6, pick either one and then turn back in as you get to the city streets.

You are now in Black Rock City!
Once you've picked a side, stay on the outermost street and keep it at or under 5mph until you get to the time on the dial you're looking for. Remember, keeping it at/under 5 keeps the dust and the ruts down. Do not dive into the inner streets hoping to save a few precious minutes. Rolling a bunch of fully loaded trucks on the inner streets will help tear up the playa and make for more ruts as we get through the week - nobody wants to pedal through ruts or big dust dunes, so avoid that if you can.

Get to that intersection you and your campmates agreed to meet at. If you've appointed someone as your "Glorious Leader And Decider Of Things" have the vehicle that person is in scout the 'hood and find an open spot. Once they find a suitable spot for the camp, pull in! If there are immediate neighbors, go say hi and check to make sure your camp boundaries are fine. This is important! Being neighborly here sets yourself up for having awesome neighbors all week, instead of some kind of playafied Hatfields/McCoys thing where people are grumbling about being in each other's space.

Once that spot's sorted, HOLY CRAP YOU'RE HERE! Send someone back to that intersection other vehicles will be going to and have them let your campmates know exactly where to find you. Pro tip - in addition to whatever camp signage you were thinking of having out in front of your camp, make a smaller sign with a space for you to write the location specifics in - and then put that sign up at the agreed-upon intersection.

Get 'er Done!
If you have campmates traveling with you who are not heavy lifters, send them to Playa Info (near Center Camp) to enter your camp's info into their computer. That way, anyone who might be looking for your awesome camp will know exactly where you landed. Depending on how the timing works out, and how quickly you get through the line, you may find yourselves at your camp site smack dab in the middle of the day. Be careful here - during peak daytime hours it can be easy to get overheated, dehydrated, and find yourselves with heatstroke. Take it easy during peak hours. If you've got a few people in your group who aren't heavy lifters, assign at least one of them to make sure your team is hydrated and taking in electralytes (whether that's through gatorade, pedialyte, emerg-n-c, or electralyte tablets doesn't matter). Try not to call them fluffers or some other name that makes them feel like a second-class campmate, because what they do will save your ass from heatstroke, exhaustion, and other things that can make for a very tough burn. Everyone in your camp is a rock star.

If you planned things right, you've got a map showing the layout of your camp's key structures. Everybody work together to get the first structure put together and secured, and from there you have a base of operations on the playa. Depending on how the size of your crew and what your plans are, you can either all move to the next thing, or split into smaller groups working on various parts of unpacking and unloading.

Weather and energy permitting, late afternoon and into the evening is a great time to set up your camp. If your budget allows for it and your camp has a generator, consider getting something like this:

If it's windy/dusty, don't attempt building at night - dropped bolts/screws/bits/whatever will be lost, and you'll fight a losing battle. If the weather's agreeable, evening and night setups are pretty great - the temps are much less oppressive. If you've got to hold off on setup (because of weather, night, etc), use the time wisely. Rest, hydrate, eat, explore the immediate area and meet the neighbors.

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Re: How To Plan Your Camp's Arrival After The Gates Open

Postby gaminwench » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:22 pm

This is a great post, Trilo.

although,
I am a playa fluffer, and I am not a second class citizen.
I am a crucial part of playa camp infrastructure.
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:45 pm

And you rock. My mentioning that was after having a conversation with people at a campout this weekend, a couple of whom said they didn't care for the term. The main thing is to make sure the people doing that don't feel like they're getting slagged on or any less a member of the team.

Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013

Postby Jovankat » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:44 am

There are two things that I contributed to my camp last year that I am particularly proud of; one was being the only person in the camp with knot tying skills, so I take a lot of the credit for our shade structures staying up all week. The second is I froze a 1 gallon bottle of water the day before pack down and used it to chill a bunch of cold drinks while we were packing up. At the time it felt like the best idea I'd ever had.

Although I will add if you're more of a pre-playa prep kinda camper or a fluffer try not to rub your alternate way of contributing in the heavy lifters face. One of my camp mates last year didn't help with the build at all because she'd done the bulk of the pre-playa prep and is really not a heavy lifter, that's cool her talents lie elsewhere, but she rode her bike around in circles giggling and having fun while the rest of us were hammering in rebar in the midday sun. :evil: Honestly it would have been bettr if she'd just left to go explore the city.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:07 am

Trillo, GREAT post. It made me feel like I was there. I can almost smell the JOTS. I would like to add that the Gate and Greeters really appreciate a cold drink. The man burns in 53 days. :shock:
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Postby Lonesomebri » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 am

Excellent post. This has all been said before, but-
Have water/liquid refreshments (no booze) accessible for the entry wait and start of camp construction. Same with water, gloves, shoes, goggles, dust mask, hippie hammer, tp, tickets. Often last minute chaotic packing gets thrown on top of those well thought out items.
Remember the purpose of the entry line is to get in, not party it up. there will be time for that. A time and place for everything.
If you need the attention of Law Enforcement, just pass someone else while driving to the event on the last stretches, or if you need your car searched by professionals, be in a rush and pass someone after entering Black Rock City. Drive slow. Do not draw undo attention to yourself. Do not drink alcohol on entry, do not drink alcohol while driving, even after reaching ***HOME***.
Do not get totally caught up in camp construction drama; go take a ride somewhere and have your mind blown before coming back and tackling the tasks.
If you got surplus coffee or muffins while setting up, look to your neighbors.
Remember, this is the one I always forget, before you start talking alot of shit about your neighbors, they are going to be right next to you all week.
Unless, if you leave a 4 foot gap between anything, something/one is going end up filling that space before the week is up.
Before you start peeing everywhere, realize all those empty spots will have something there.
Take note of the location and distance to the neighborhood's outhouses...before they are needed.
Take note of your address, what streets you are between, every time you return to camp the neighborhood will have changed appearance.
Always, always, always carry a cup with you everywhere.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:52 am

All great stuff, thanks for sharing! And yeah, jovankat, good rope/knot skills are a major plus. If you've got them, make sure your campmates (or the leader of your group) knows that going in. That can save time during setup and prevent something from coming down when the weather gets a bit weird. And it always gets a bit weird at some point...

This just in... I've got a
BONUS PRO TIP FROM THE PLACEMENT TEAM!!!
Unless you have a resource share or some other specific reason you need to be on the 9:00 side, you should head for the 3:00 side of the city (head to the right as you get past the greeter's station). Studying the satellite and aerial photographs from the last couple years, the population density on the 9:00 side has been becoming an issue. Aside from being packed in like sardines or not being able to find a camp site as easily, it also puts an added strain on ESD and porta-potty resources on that side of town. There's a big Emergency Services Department camp on each side of town (in the 3:00 & 9:00 plazas) and each side of the city has the same number of porta-potties, so the side of town that's less densely populated means more space and a better porta-potty experience. Actually, now that I think about it the 3:00 side might even have a few extra porta-potties to accommodate open camping.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:31 pm

I'm also hearing that there will be no expansion streets this year. The whole city goes out to L, the only space beyond that is Open Camping on the 3:00 side.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Postby Token » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Yeah, but the 9:00 side is "The Red Light District" and we all know Burning Man is all about fucking!

Bianca's was never on the 3:00 side.

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:44 pm

Token wrote: Bianca's was never on the 3:00 side.

That's not entirely correct. In 1999 it was on the 3:00 side because I hung out there. For research purposes only mind you.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Secretly, there sex and sex-related camps are all over the city. ...And Then There's Only Love (with its infamous orgy dome) has been on the 3:00 side for years. Here's a linkto the 3:00 sector FB group (it's an open group, you don't need to join it to see what the placed camps are posting), and of course here's a link to our own 3:00 Neighborhood thread.

Goodwolfe
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Camp aLittle

Postby Goodwolfe » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Awesome and incredibly helpful post! This will be my first burn and I'm wondering about the vehicle checks. Are they checking primarily for stowaways as you mentioned, or just quick reviews for anything that shouldn't be brought in? Asking primarily to figure how best to pack the car to expedite entry. Also, if we're in line and I'm the only licensed driver in my car, can I pull to the side to get out and use the restroom? Or toss on hazard lights and let people drive around?

trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

They are checking vehicles for stowaways, as well as items that should not be brought in. Yes, you should be able to pull to the side and use the rest room. I'd recommend staying to one of the side lanes (so you don't have to try changing lanes in a slow-moving line), then you can easily pull off (so people can go around) and toss on the hazard lights while you make your pit stop.

On your approach to BRC, I'd also recommend stopping at the Empire Store. After a long stretch of lonely highway, it'll be the big circus/general store in the former mining town of Empire. They'll be busy, but they staff up for it, it's a very burner friendly place, and they typically have lots of additional porta-potties. It's a great place to top off your fuel tank and go to the bathroom.

Mojojita

Postby Mojojita » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:29 am

^ Yes! And they stock lots of beer, snacks, even goggles etc for the playa. Get your last ice cream fix before the playa. OR, have a meal at Bruno's in Gerlach - they do a really good job. I like to buy things there, both to support the locals and to save the weight on the long drive.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.

ProfessorChaos

Postby ProfessorChaos » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Thank you so much Trilo!!! This post is incredible. I am sending this to my entire camp as mandatory reading as I write this. Thank you again for this amazing gift to the community.

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:59 pm

I agree. When I first saw this thread there was a big "Why didn't I think of that!" moment. Well done, Trilo.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

JasonFL
Burning Since: 2013

Postby JasonFL » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Great post, Trilo! I wish that I had found something like this to read my birgin year - though to be fair, there was probably a similar post... but we all can't live on ePlaya, right?

I've been searching around looking for some guide as to how fast the city fill up, but despite reading some great placement posts, I haven't seen it. Last year, we stayed in Hushville, so we didn't have to worry about claiming space, but as we're bringing a generator this year, that's not an option.

I know it's different with the new gate opening time, but can anyone make an educated guess as to how fast the blocks will fill up? We are shooting for open space between D & E on the small number side.

Thanks!
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

~ Hunter S. Thompson

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Even if you had been here, I don't think it was put in its own separate thread before now.

There may be no educated guesses this year. The blocks have changed size, if I understand it right, and that may be enough of a difference that we just can't predict.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:44 pm

JasonFL wrote:We are shooting for open space between D & E on the small number side.

There is very little open space that meets that requirement - there is some, but all the purple areas on the map are reserved for theme camps. If you're through the Gate within a few hours of when they open, you get a firm "maybe". If you aim for G or further back there is way more open space, and you'll have more luck with less stress.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

jab513

Postby jab513 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:39 am

Hugely appreciated post.

It looks like I will not be arriving until Monday. Any advice for late arriving burners?

JB

mrchiff

Postby mrchiff » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:15 am

jab513 wrote:Hugely appreciated post.

It looks like I will not be arriving until Monday. Any advice for late arriving burners?

JB

Monday is the start of the event, so how is that arriving late?

Advice = read the original post.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:00 am

Thanks guys!

@JasonFL, there is no such guide, as that is entirely dependent on when people choose to arrive and how many of the early arrivers are landing at a placed camp versus joining in the "land rush" that starts when those gates officially open. I know, placed camps do get early arrivals, but that's only for the portion of their crew that are there to build their infrastructure - most members of those camps are coming through the gates after 10AM on Sunday, just like everyone else.

To the point Eric said - aiming for a neighborhood closer in may require some serious patience. I know you're in a rush and "hurry, hurry, hurry, while there's still a spot left!" is on everyone's mind, but keep it under 5mph. Less is even better - check the side mirror regularly to see what kind of dust you're kicking up (and into the camps you're passing. Drive slowly and have patience - if you're in placed camp space (you'll see blue flags marking plots) you may find a placed camp that found they didn't need all their space. If you discover a magical empty slice, do not just pull in and start building. Hop out and introduce yourself to the neighbors, and ask them if that space is available. Be prepared for plenty of people to say no (they may still have campmates arriving), but if you're patient and persistent you may strike gold.

@jab513 - what MrChiff said. You're not 'arriving late' so much as arriving after the gates open. During the first 36-48 hours after the gates open, expect traffic to be heavy, with wait times of 4-6 hours (or even more). Check BMIR (more info on that in a bit) or the @BManTraffic twitter feed for updates on traffic.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:18 am

I've got a couple great pieces of information to add here as a reply, when I get a chance later on I'll edit the original post to include it...

First up, there will be 96 porta-potties along gate road this year! That's a big increase over years past. However, since Murphy's Law has never missed a burn, you should expect that when you need to go, you won't be right in front of one of them. Have a backup driver, or if you're driving solo pull off to the side to park and get out (be sure to put your hazard lights on). Solo drivers should stick to a side lane just for this reason.

Second, Burning Man will be seriously stepping up its game in providing traffic reports. 91.5fm on the playa is gate radio, with traffic updates and gate/exodus-related information only. BMIR (Burning Man Information Radio) will have snark-free traffic reports every hour on the hour (good to know if you're watching battery usage on a portable device. There are two ways you can tune in to BMIR. The first on the old-fashioned FM radio dial - 94.5fm, you should be able to pick up the signal as you pass Gerlach and start to approach the playa. The second way you can tune in to BMIR is with a free smartphone app. "Iheartradio" Download the app from the appropriate app store for your device, and then once inside the app, search for "BMIR". You can tune into this in Reno, and then for as long as your device is able to get internet service. This is REALLY GREAT for figuring out when to leave Reno and start making your way out there. In addition to the app, Burning Man has also created the official @BManTraffic twitter feed.

In the spirit of full disclosure, the "iheartradio" app is made by Clear Channel, which is a great big corporate interest that owns bunches and bunches of radio stations. NO, they have not either bought or taken over BMIR in any way. NO, they will not be blasting you with ads when you use the app to listen to BMIR. Use the app to tune into other stations, and sure I imagine you'll see or hear all the normal advertising that goes with that. But they've agreed to provide the BMIR feed commercial free, and for free. It's also not listed in their main/commercial directory (so remember to search specifically for "BMIR"). Humongous thanks to everyone at BMIR, Burning Man, and Clear Channel who helped make that happen.

Molotov
Camp Name: ESD Camp "The 'Burbs" 3:15 & E

Postby Molotov » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:55 pm

So if my ESD credential notice from Ticketfly says "For pickup on 8/23" I can show up at Will Call at 5 minutes after midnight on the morning of 8/23 and be good to go? I know where my camp will be located, and can park there, snooze, and wait until dawn to set up.

PS: FYI for those awaiting e-mails of any sort from Ticketfly-for the most part, it ain't happening. I didn't even know about my cred pick-up until I checked my account today at Ticketfly.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Postby Savannah » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:58 pm

TexasRick wrote:So if my ESD credential notice from Ticketfly says "For pickup on 8/23" I can show up at Will Call at 5 minutes after midnight on the morning of 8/23 and be good to go? I know where my camp will be located, and can park there, snooze, and wait until dawn to set up.

Yep. 8/23 is 8/23. :)
*** 2016 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

mournlight

Postby mournlight » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:17 pm

Trilobyte (or anyone) -
Despite your great post, and despite me searching for over an hour, I can't find the answer to this: What day this year will Will Call open? It opened Wednesday, I think, previously for those building camps with EAP to pick up their ticket and get started. I can't find that written anywhere this year. One of our crew has just informed us that he has Will Call. I'm preparing to tell him he had better get that ticket swapped to someone who has already received their hard copy. It isn't too late to change the name for a ticket at Will Call, right? Any different info floating around? Thanks much in advance!

<snip snip> Okay to complicate it further, it is a Low Income non-transferable ticket. Is it possible for him to come in with EA and help us?
~Having fun preparing for a creative world~

theCryptofishist

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:54 pm

Wednesday is what's been said on the board.
He can come in on Wednesday, not before.
The Lady with a Lamprey

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:26 pm

mournlight wrote:<snip snip> Okay to complicate it further, it is a Low Income non-transferable ticket. Is it possible for him to come in with EA and help us?

As long as he has an EA for Weds Aug 20th or earlier, he can come in once Will Call opens (12noon Aug 20). He cannot come in any sooner than that on that LI ticket since it's Will Call, and that ticket cannot be transferred to anybody else.

edit: date corrected, Eric
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

cablemonkey

Postby cablemonkey » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Aug 20, surely.

DrYes
Burning Since: 2010

Postby DrYes » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:16 am

Great thread. I've only ever come early arrival before, but am attempting to arrive at 10 am on Sunday this year.

Am I right in guessing that many many other Burners will also be attempting to arrive right around 10 am, having left Reno about 8 am that morning? Is it reasonable to expect a long line starting effectively immediately at 10? I realize we can only speculate as this is the first year they've opened this early.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”