Tested Full Lighting On Trike....

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Tested Full Lighting On Trike....

Post by Meat Hunter » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Finally -- The moment of truth that I have been working & waiting months for.

Tonight, I put the canopy frame and canopy on my trike, installed all the blue & yellow Elwire on the canopy/frame, bike frame and front & rear baskets, the blue LED lights on the spokes of my three wheels and the red mini-strobe flashers on the four canopy frame up-rights.

As soon as it became totally dark, I turned everything on -- ABSOLUTELY MAGICAL.

I know that will not be the most creative or lit-up personal transportation on the playa at night, but I think that I will be able to hold my own with most of the also-rans. And, keep from being squashed into a greasy spot by most of the MV's with the sprites and light & airy spirits dancing on top
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

FIGJAM

Re: Tested Full Lighting On Trike....

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Pictures please. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Meat Hunter » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:25 pm

Truly sorry, but no images.

Being in my dotage and not as computer literate as I wish or as my younger cohorts, I am doing good to get this contraption turned on and post anything on e-playa -- although I am getting better.

If the truth were to accidentally slip out, I was ecstatic when I actually able to manipulate the ticket purchasing process without assistance. I am still surprised at that one.

Just you wait. I will make sure that I find you on the playa -- somehow. And, I will let you take a jaunt on this electrified buggy.

I am not saying that it is overly bright, but a neighbor commented this evening that any of the stalls in the Amsterdam red light district would be envious.
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:17 pm

I remember trying to find Junglesmacks when he had a wall of light on his pants. No luck! The playa is one big place!
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Zhust
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Camp CampCampCamp

Post by Zhust » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:23 am

Stay glad and be proud. Never compare. There is always someone who has done something bigger, brighter, better, or more ingeniously than you did.

I too wish you had pictures, but there's a warmth in my heart that you can't post any. I like the idea that there is something that needs to be seen in person. It reminds me of "the old days" when nobody expected pictures to be e-mailed (or mailed). It was an okay world to live in. Getting to see everything instantly definitely has its drawbacks.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,
---Zhust, Curiosityist

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:30 am

You can't come on here telling us how cool your trike is, then say sorry no pictures!!!
That's a terms of service violation punishable by bunga bunga!!!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”