When will the Gate open this year?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
Koffee
Burning Since: 2011

When will the Gate open this year?

Post by Koffee » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:24 am

We're flying it in from Canada (eh), and this info would greatly help our time management planning..

We skipped last year and from what I remember reading, gates were open from 6pm Sunday. How did that work out? More traffic early on, or was it evenly spread out?

Cheers and thanks
:coffee:

watchyourfeet
Burning Since: 2013

Re: When will the Gate open this year?

Post by watchyourfeet » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:32 am

Last year gates opened at 10 AM on Sunday, and entry was a breeze (unless you had to pick up a ticket at will call). Hopefully they keep the same schedule this year.

LionsNzebras
Burning Since: 2018

Post by LionsNzebras » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am

Where are you flying in from?
Would save you a whack of cash if you can get in on one of the caravans\group drives.

There are already about 6 caravan plans that we know of, 1 from BC, 4 from Alberta (there are 50++ burners here with tickets so far), 2 from Ontario\Quebec.
Face book groups are your friend.
This is a "Couple" profile shared by me and my wife. (lion\Zebra) Lion posts, zebra reads.

Koffee

Post by Koffee » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:45 am

LionsNzebras wrote:Where are you flying in from?
Would save you a whack of cash if you can get in on one of the caravans\group drives.

There are already about 6 caravan plans that we know of, 1 from BC, 4 from Alberta (there are 50++ burners here with tickets so far), 2 from Ontario\Quebec.
Face book groups are your friend.
Out of Toronto. I've driven the route in one of the previous years, but now unfortunately not at liberty of taking an extra week off work :cry:

Koffee

Post by Koffee » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:47 am

watchyourfeet wrote:Last year gates opened at 10 AM on Sunday, and entry was a breeze (unless you had to pick up a ticket at will call). Hopefully they keep the same schedule this year.
Thanks for that. Were you there right for the opening?

watchyourfeet

Post by watchyourfeet » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Koffee wrote:
watchyourfeet wrote:Last year gates opened at 10 AM on Sunday, and entry was a breeze (unless you had to pick up a ticket at will call). Hopefully they keep the same schedule this year.
Thanks for that. Were you there right for the opening?
No, I think we got there around 1 PM. The line itself took 30-60 minutes, but we had to wait in the will call lot FOREVER for our friends.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:21 pm

Please note: the Gate opening time has not yet been posted, so anything answers on here are speculation based on previous years, not neccessarily what will happen this year. That said, the main Burning Man page does list the event as starting on August 30th (Sunday), so it looks like Gate will open before midnight, but they haven't said when yet. You can't go wrong planning for a 6pm opening, but if you want every minute possible I'd schedule your flight to get in Sat night so you can head towards the playa whenever the Gate opens.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Major Krash
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by Major Krash » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Gate is never late, Nor is it early. Gate opens precisely when it needs to...

(but what Erik said if you are not a Wizard)
"If you don't think too good, don't think too much" Ted Williams

louisacrystal
Burning Since: 2000

Post by louisacrystal » Fri May 01, 2015 7:28 am

The Burning Man Facebook event page says starting at 6pm. But I never trust anything on Facebook. I'm hoping that the gates open at 10am again, it sure was nice to actually set up in the daytime.
I keep looking every day for the official time so I can plan my departure to.
I have gone out to find myself. If I get back before I return, Please keep me here until I get back. Thank you!

Bodmin
Camp Name: Point V

Post by Bodmin » Fri May 01, 2015 10:17 am

louisacrystal wrote:The Burning Man Facebook event page says starting at 6pm. But I never trust anything on Facebook. I'm hoping that the gates open at 10am again, it sure was nice to actually set up in the daytime.
I keep looking every day for the official time so I can plan my departure to.
When the facebook event notice first went up it said 10AM, then they changed it to 6.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Fri May 01, 2015 11:03 am

When the facebook event notice first went up it said 10AM, then they changed it to 6.
Exactly!!!

This is the kind of loose information that can cause a person to forget to pack their turtle beaks, and everyone knows that the chimichamalocos are just not the same without TURTLE BEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”