The old in and out

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
Rusted Iron

The old in and out

Post by Rusted Iron » Wed May 25, 2016 7:06 pm

Our camp has a logistical problem this year. We haul usually haul four or five trailers with camp features and supplies and an art car. One of our regular drivers was transferred across the sea for a year. He's hoping to get a couple of weeks off of work but it's not likely.

We will be consolidating the loads as much as we can but we will still need at least three large trailers. We have two large trucks plus my Subaru which hauls a small trailer. (We can't leave too much behind because we want the camp to contain all of its attractions.). All of these loads are coming from Northern California while a lot of our camp members are coming from elsewhere, in their little tiny cars.

We figured out how to get everything in, by storing a trailer in the area in advance. We will have to pay to get back in with it and wait in line again but we can do that. The dilemma is how to handle the extra trailer when we leave. Will we be allowed to get back on to the Playa on Monday or Tuesday to take it back to the storage yard? Will we have to make advanced arrangements?

Any ideas? Thanks.

EspressoDude

Re: The old in and out

Post by EspressoDude » Thu May 26, 2016 7:30 am

just don't lose your ticket/s and vehicle pass.

I recall several camps have this issue, both before and after the event.
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

mudpuppy000
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: THE BELLIGERENT GAP

Post by mudpuppy000 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:54 am

I don't think you have to pay anything for reentry if you are on early arrival.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Thu May 26, 2016 9:22 am

I'm giving this a nudge over to the Transportation board, since that's a better fit for discussions about transportation and logistics.

Rusted Iron

Post by Rusted Iron » Thu May 26, 2016 7:01 pm

mudpuppy000 wrote:I don't think you have to pay anything for reentry if you are on early arrival.

Good to know.

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Post by maladroit » Sat May 28, 2016 11:05 am

"We will have to pay to get back in with it and wait in line again but we can do that."

I don't understand this statement. Are you talking about the $20 for the wristband in/out pass? Other than that, there should be no other fee of consequence so I'm not even sure why you're mentioning having to pay. It makes me think you're worried about some other fee...like buying an entire extra ticket for this? I really don't know.

Rusted Iron

Post by Rusted Iron » Sat May 28, 2016 12:29 pm

There is a re-entry fee during the event. It's pretty cheap.

I'm worried less about getting back in a second time than the third time, after BM is over, to collect the last trailer.

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Post by maladroit » Sat May 28, 2016 6:20 pm

I'm aware of the normal in/out fee, I've done that before...it was so cheap that I wasn't sure why you were even mentioning it. So it made me think you were referring to another fee you might have to pay.

It's possible to go in during Exodus. Plenty of pickup/dropoff stuff happening during that time. However, you may also consider staging 1/3 of your camp into one of the trailers and dragging it to the offsite location Saturday or Sunday morning.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”