Where to park for eleven days near Bend, OR

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
portaplaya

Where to park for eleven days near Bend, OR

Post by portaplaya » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:36 am

I have a friend that is going to Oregon to see the total eclipse. He's going to hang out the extra days camping, but we are riding in together in my truck because I have to pull my trailer.

What is a good place to park for days at a time? A safe place, a place where his car will not be towed after 72 hours parked on the road, a place his car won't get vandalized? We are meeting somewhere in the Bend OR area, but are a bit flexible on exactly where to rendezvous.

Ideas?

portaplaya

Re: Where to park for eleven days near Bend, OR

Post by portaplaya » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:17 pm

No replies yet, so adding a little information.

Since my friend is coming from Boise, Idaho on and I am coming from Seattle, the point of rendezvous is probably going to be Bend, OR. But we could meed in Redmond, Madras or even further afield. I just don't think Riley, OR would have much in the way of safe long term parking.

Any Eastern Oregon experts able to help?

Molotov
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: ESD Camp "The 'Burbs" 2019 location TBA

Re: Where to park for eleven days near Bend, OR

Post by Molotov » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:17 am

Not an Oregonian, but this might help. There is a company called Diamond Parking in Bend. Here is their contact info:

Bend

841 NW Bond Street, Suite #7
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 317-2805
Bend@diamondparking.com
Terence Spakousky – Area Manager
Terence.Spakousky@DiamondParking.com
Chuck Harvison – Regional Manager- Oregon
Chuck.Harvison@diamondparking.com

If they don't do long term parking, check with a local hotel, but don't tell them you are going to Burning Man. Tell them you are catching a flight somewhere and can you leave the vehicle in their hotel lot. There might be a fee...

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”