New Burner Express Bike option?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
magpiejay
Burning Since: 2013

New Burner Express Bike option?

Post by magpiejay » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:27 pm

According to today's JackRabbit:

"You can also buy a bike from Kiwanis for $60 if you ride the Burner Express Bus that stops at Savemart before you go to the playa. Just mark the box for “buy a bike” when you get your ticket."

This is either a handy new option that's so new there's no mention of it anywhere on the Burner Express page, or it's a mildly confusing statement.

Either:

1) You buy the bus ticket with shop trip from Reno only, and as the post implies, your ticket confirmation comes with an option to buy a bike at Savemart (this would be awesome, but BE site needs updating if true to help sell this!)...but do you need to also buy a bike add on permit when buying ticket?

Or as i suspect:

2) The post is misleading as: you'd need to buy a bike add on from reno, then also buy a $60 Kiwani's bike independently from Savemart - as long as they haven't sold out.

Has anyone bought a bus plus shop ticket from Reno and seen a 'add a bike' option in their confirmation email?

Cheers!

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: New Burner Express Bike option?

Post by Ratty » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:02 pm

I think the burner express people could answer that definitively. Any answer here is a guess.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: New Burner Express Bike option?

Post by trilobyte » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:56 pm

For questions about the Burner Express bike option, please go to the Burner Express web site and contact that team.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”