New Burner Express Bike option?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
magpiejay
Burning Since: 2013

New Burner Express Bike option?

Postby magpiejay » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:27 pm

According to today's JackRabbit:

"You can also buy a bike from Kiwanis for $60 if you ride the Burner Express Bus that stops at Savemart before you go to the playa. Just mark the box for “buy a bike” when you get your ticket."

This is either a handy new option that's so new there's no mention of it anywhere on the Burner Express page, or it's a mildly confusing statement.

Either:

1) You buy the bus ticket with shop trip from Reno only, and as the post implies, your ticket confirmation comes with an option to buy a bike at Savemart (this would be awesome, but BE site needs updating if true to help sell this!)...but do you need to also buy a bike add on permit when buying ticket?

Or as i suspect:

2) The post is misleading as: you'd need to buy a bike add on from reno, then also buy a $60 Kiwani's bike independently from Savemart - as long as they haven't sold out.

Has anyone bought a bus plus shop ticket from Reno and seen a 'add a bike' option in their confirmation email?

Cheers!

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: New Burner Express Bike option?

Postby Ratty » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:02 pm

I think the burner express people could answer that definitively. Any answer here is a guess.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: New Burner Express Bike option?

Postby trilobyte » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:56 pm

For questions about the Burner Express bike option, please go to the Burner Express web site and contact that team.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”