Burner Express Shuttle Advice

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
kbarr413
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Trifucta

Burner Express Shuttle Advice

Post by kbarr413 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am

Hi there! I need some advice from anyone who has taken the Burner Express Shuttle from Reno Airport! I am a second time Burner headed to the Playa this year on Wed 8/30. My flight gets in to Reno at 11:20pm. I really would like to buy a ticket for the Burner Express bus at 12noon that makes a Shopping Stop so I can pick up any items I forget to pack or don't have room for on the plane... BUT I was wondering if this is too soon after my flight... I'm worried I won't make it (if the flight is delayed for any reason) and I won't be able to get on the bus. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Burner Express Shuttle Advice

Post by trilobyte » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:10 am

I've moved your thread to the Bikes & Transportation board, since that's a better fit for questions about transportation logistics.

An 11:20pm arrival and then noon the next day sounds like plenty of time - even if it's a couple hours late you should have plenty of time to get off a crowded flight and make your way to baggage and find your stuff then lug it to the Burner Express shuttle stop.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:41 pm

I don't think is noon the next day. I think it's 11:20 and then the noon bus that same day. If it's the same Dayana your late I think you can catch the next bus out (2 pm).

Check the FAQ's on BxB, I think it addresses the being late or missing the bus situation. If not, look for a phone # or email contact on their site
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:45 pm

lucky420 wrote:I don't think is noon the next day. I think it's 11:20 and then the noon bus that same day. If it's the same Dayana your late I think you can catch the next bus out (2 pm).

Check the FAQ's on BxB, I think it addresses the being late or missing the bus situation. If not, look for a phone # or email contact on their site

Hahaha I just read "pm" doh! Hell yeah, if your flight arrives the night before you'll have plenty of time. Reno is a smaller airport and we generally don't get the big delays like the east coast
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:34 pm

The bus stops at SavMart so you will not be able to pick up tents, sleeping bag, propane etc. but you have an hour to buy everything else. I think WalMart is open 24 hours so you might be able to go there after arrival.
Pro tip: there is a better quality of booze at the liquor store than at SavMart. Opposite SaveMart on the main drag. Same shopping center.
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Ben's Liquor is a,son 4th street headin west. SavMart is in the shopping center right behind it.

4th street is also known for hookers.

4th street for all your burning needs :coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”