Sprinter on Playa

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
captain voltaveus
Burning Since: 2014

Sprinter on Playa

Post by captain voltaveus » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:45 am

I am planning on bringing my Sprinter Van this year to the playa and thought I might ask others what they do to mitigate the damage to their vehicle. I was curious about Sprinter specific advice if any one has any. I've read that bringing a new air filter to replace once back on tarmac is a good idea. Any other must do's or don'ts?

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Sprinter on Playa

Post by Ratty » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:52 am

Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:04 pm

What damage are you expecting?

My 1999 truck has gone 10 times since 2001 and there is no damage from BM specifically.

All the scars on the truck were put in by me or my livestock.

Molotov
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: ESD Camp "The 'Burbs" 3:07 and D

Post by Molotov » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:58 am

I drape the seats and the dashboard of my truck's black interior with old sheets prior to departing Fernley. I change out the air filter after departing the playa and roll up the dusty sheets and put them in a bag in the truck bed. Other than a good exterior wash when I get home (I usually catch a few rain storms on the 1500 mile trip home) there's not much else I do. Oh, yeah...minimize the in and out traffic when it's dusty out there.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”