HELP! Need to get from BRC -> Reno 8/29 and Reno -> BRC 9/01

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
AXOLOTL15
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: IllumiNASTIES

HELP! Need to get from BRC -> Reno 8/29 and Reno -> BRC 9/01

Postby AXOLOTL15 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:22 pm

Hello my fellow desert monkeys!

I'm in a bit of a pickle :( . I booked a speaking role on Aug 30th in New York which means that I somehow need to find a way out of Black Rock city when everyone's still trying to get in and a way in when everyone's starting to trickle out so the . Anyone planning on leaving BRC the 29th I can hitch a ride with? And if anyone is coming in on the 31st from Reno that is appreciated as well!! This is my second burn and I'm with a group of four on a camper but no other vehicles (I thought of renting a vehicle so that I could take myself to the airport and back but that would require a vehicle pass, which I'm also on the lookout for). Help!!!

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: HELP! Need to get from BRC -> Reno 8/29 and Reno -> BRC 9/01

Postby Token » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Finding a vehicle pass will be much easier than chasing random rides. Might be the best option.

Good Luck

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Postby Traveller in Time » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:42 pm

There's almost always someone leaving BRC throughout the week, for various reasons. So getting a Rideshare off the playa and back to Reno is usually not a problem.

Same for getting a Rideshare back to BRC from the two locations in Reno: Reno Airport and Keystone Savemart.
Air Playa Info's last day of operation at the Reno Airport is on Thursday, but Burners usually still check there if they're heading out to BRC and have space.
Worst case: a sign saying "Going Home". They know where you're going.

MAKE SURE YOU PURCHASE A RE-ENTRY PASS WHEN YOU LEAVE!!!

The danger is your not getting to the airport in time for your flight (and in appropriate shape that they'll let you on the flight - not smelling and not covered in playa dust).

more details once I search them
"My favorite people are the people of the dessert", said Lawrence as he picked up his fork.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Getting out of BRC to Reno Airport.
(this isn't the complete hand-holding, but it's a start)
viewtopic.php?f=508&t=82353#p1144327
viewtopic.php?f=508&t=82379#p1144444
"My favorite people are the people of the dessert", said Lawrence as he picked up his fork.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:58 pm

some on Reno to BRC

Expect to show both your ticket and your re-entry pass. See the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=508&t=82079#p1144326

You're returning late in the week and after Air Playa Info has closed.
I'm not sure if the airport or Keystone is the best location. Or a Going Home sign at a gas station near the highway. I'd expect the rideshare locations to be the better option, but I don't know.
Keystone is a popular replenishment location if a camp has to send a foray into Reno during the burn..., as are Walmarts...

markusze
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Home Slice

Postby markusze » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:08 pm

My gf will most likely be travelling from BRC to Reno on 8/29. Come by 4:30 G plaza, Camp Homeslice and ask for Charlotte to see if timing works out for both of you.

AXOLOTL15
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: IllumiNASTIES

Postby AXOLOTL15 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Awesome! I was able to score a vehicle pass but I'll keep those other options in mind in case of catastrophe. Arigatou!

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:51 pm

Make sure you buy a re-entry pass before you leave!!!

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”