hover board experience?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
mournlight

hover board experience?

Post by mournlight » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:26 pm

Has anyone taken a hoverboard out who can report on how it worked? I just saw that they make hoverchairs to use with the boards. That looks like an interesting combo.
~Having fun preparing for a creative world~

Sham

Re: hover board experience?

Post by Sham » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:40 pm

Do you mean something like using a hoverboard in the sand on the playa. I know bike have a hard time riding in the soft areas. I would imagine that something with small wheels would be a disaster.

mournlight

Re: hover board experience?

Post by mournlight » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Sham, I'm kind of wondering about the batteries, electronics, etc. Where my head is going with this is 20" fat tires on a hoverboard. I've ordered one of the "hovertrailers" and a set of 20x4.25 wheels/tires to put on that trailer to pull behind my fat tire bike. I'll probably have to change out the axle. But then that caused me to wonder about the possibility of converting a hoverboard. I plead playa brain. I can't help it. Wondering and daydreaming.

I agree about the small tires plowing into the playa. The difference in my old bike and the fat tire I brought last year was amazing. I'm definitely sold on the fat tires.
~Having fun preparing for a creative world~

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”