Burner Express Questions

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
Pow Pow
Burning Since: 2018

Burner Express Questions

Post by Pow Pow » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:35 am

For those who have taken the Burner Express Buses...

If you purchase water, do you need to get all of your water when you first get there or can you come back in a day or so for the rest of it as long as the buses are still running inbound (Thurs I believe)?

Is it possible to bring ice in a cooler on Burner Express and how have you done it (cooler on board bus or cooler with ice on luggage truck)? Luggage truck probably no unless ice is in a sealed container in cooler. I am planning on taking the 1st bus out on Sat and may not make it in time to buy ice in BRC.
Dream as if you will live forever
Live as if you only have today...

DrLoveMachine
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Burner Express Questions

Post by DrLoveMachine » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:36 am

You can pick up water as often as you'd like up until Thursday. But you have to fill the full 5 gallons or forfeit the rest.

As for bringing ice I have no experience. But it seems very inconvenient give your very limited luggage allowance. I was on the first bus on Saturday last year and there was, as far as I remember, no issue getting ice upon arrival at BRC.

Pow Pow
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Pow Pow » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:40 am

Thanks.
Dream as if you will live forever
Live as if you only have today...

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:46 am

Ice is sold on the Playa so maybe pre-freez an old 2 liter soda bottle filed with water and use that in an ice chest for the drive in then add ice when you get there.

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”