First timer... Motorcycle to the Playa?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
treadwa2

First timer... Motorcycle to the Playa?

Post by treadwa2 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:21 pm

I'm going to BM for the first time and I'm thinking I'm going to ride my motorcycle from San Francisco. I've been told that I'll need to get a bag to roll it into while on the Playa to make sure it isn't rendered broken by the dust. Does anyone know where I might buy such a bag?

Also, I don't have a camp or anything so I'd like to hook up with a group or at least find someone to carry my provisions up to BRC. Does anyone have any thoughts that might help me with this issue?

Clownsuit

Post by Clownsuit » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:26 pm

I work in a furniture store, and we have lots and lots of big ass mattress bags. They roll up pretty small, are pretty tough, and would be big enough to fit any bike in the world, if you get a King size. I'll bet if you called up your local mattress store they'd give you one for free. Just an idea. Feel free to come by Guns and Dope camp if you're in the area and tell me if it worked.
Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Vego

Post by Vego » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:36 pm

Whichever camp I'm in, anybody that rides their bike to Burning Man and survives off of what you can bring on it, can camp with us. I'd like to do the same but love to bring a whole lotta shit even more. Whatchya ridin'? Me a VTX 1300S
If your not having a good day,
You're taking too much for granted!

Vego

Post by Vego » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:39 pm

BTW - you'll need at least 80-90 lbs of water for 6 days, I could do that but couldn't find anywhere to put the beer after I had it loaded ;-)
If your not having a good day,
You're taking too much for granted!

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”