New Vehicle with no license plates

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
Post Reply
SkyPirate
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:09 pm
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Camp Charlie

New Vehicle with no license plates

Post by SkyPirate » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:26 am

So I bought an RV but the plates haven't arrived yet. What could go worng? 😅

User avatar
Traveller in Time
Posts: 906
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:52 am
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Re: New Vehicle with no license plates

Post by Traveller in Time » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:35 am

Aint it possible to use some temporary from the dealer ?
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world



Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge




...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen



Have some Free will

User avatar
danibel
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Location: Ben Lomond, CA

Re: New Vehicle with no license plates

Post by danibel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am

A few years back I bought a used van. The auto dealer put one of their ads over the plate and I had the paper reg taped in the window. I found out later that the plate had expired months before but of course it didn't matter because I had paid the reg to the dealer when I bought it. Fast forward 3 days to the drive in and past the gauntlet. I got pulled over for a light being out over the plate - and the officer said he thought I was trying to pull a fast one with dealer ad thingie. he didn't care that I had a paper reg.
In dust we trust.

SkyPirate
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:09 pm
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Camp Charlie

Re: New Vehicle with no license plates

Post by SkyPirate » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 pm

What ended up happening?

SkyPirate
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:09 pm
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Camp Charlie

Re: New Vehicle with no license plates

Post by SkyPirate » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 pm

danibel wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am
A few years back I bought a used van. The auto dealer put one of their ads over the plate and I had the paper reg taped in the window. I found out later that the plate had expired months before but of course it didn't matter because I had paid the reg to the dealer when I bought it. Fast forward 3 days to the drive in and past the gauntlet. I got pulled over for a light being out over the plate - and the officer said he thought I was trying to pull a fast one with dealer ad thingie. he didn't care that I had a paper reg.
What ended up happening?

User avatar
danibel
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Location: Ben Lomond, CA

Re: New Vehicle with no license plates

Post by danibel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:12 pm

SkyPirate wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 pm
danibel wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am
A few years back I bought a used van. The auto dealer put one of their ads over the plate and I had the paper reg taped in the window. I found out later that the plate had expired months before but of course it didn't matter because I had paid the reg to the dealer when I bought it. Fast forward 3 days to the drive in and past the gauntlet. I got pulled over for a light being out over the plate - and the officer said he thought I was trying to pull a fast one with dealer ad thingie. he didn't care that I had a paper reg.
What ended up happening?
welp. We hit the gauntlet after a four hour wait at the gate, and while waiting we smoked a little roach. Of course the windows were up, but we didn't realize how much it smelled. When I rolled the window down, the officer smelled the pot and immediately walked back to his car to get a drug dog. We got searched, they found the weed, and I got a fat ticket. I contacted lawyers for burners, and they got my charge reduced to littering and my fine down to 300 or some thing and payments. I actually went to the federal court date in January. I wanted to see the whole process. There were about 7-8 other burners with me. And the lawyers for burners were great. Didn't charge me a dime, but got me the same deal they got other people that couldn't show up to court, and had hired (and paid) for their service. I think it was $600 if you didn't show up, and that covered the fine and the lawyers fee.

So I have a littering charge on federal land. and I don't carry weed to the burn. at all.
In dust we trust.

User avatar
Canoe
Posts: 3271
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: New Vehicle with no license plates

Post by Canoe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:09 am

SkyPirate wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:26 am
So I bought an RV but the plates haven't arrived yet. What could go worng? 😅
Should be as bad as this.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=63539
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

User avatar
Traveller in Time
Posts: 906
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:52 am
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Re: New Vehicle with no license plates

Post by Traveller in Time » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:02 am

The question is about temporary missing Licence plates.

What we now know is you will get pulled over many times.

But is it possible to do it legal?
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world



Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge




...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen



Have some Free will

Post Reply

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”