New Vehicle with no license plates

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
SkyPirate
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Camp Charlie

New Vehicle with no license plates

Post by SkyPirate » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:26 am

So I bought an RV but the plates haven't arrived yet. What could go worng? 😅

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Re: New Vehicle with no license plates

Post by Traveller in Time » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:35 am

Aint it possible to use some temporary from the dealer ?
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

danibel
Burning Since: 2009

Post by danibel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am

A few years back I bought a used van. The auto dealer put one of their ads over the plate and I had the paper reg taped in the window. I found out later that the plate had expired months before but of course it didn't matter because I had paid the reg to the dealer when I bought it. Fast forward 3 days to the drive in and past the gauntlet. I got pulled over for a light being out over the plate - and the officer said he thought I was trying to pull a fast one with dealer ad thingie. he didn't care that I had a paper reg.
In dust we trust.

SkyPirate

Post by SkyPirate » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 pm

What ended up happening?

SkyPirate

Post by SkyPirate » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 pm

danibel wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am
A few years back I bought a used van. The auto dealer put one of their ads over the plate and I had the paper reg taped in the window. I found out later that the plate had expired months before but of course it didn't matter because I had paid the reg to the dealer when I bought it. Fast forward 3 days to the drive in and past the gauntlet. I got pulled over for a light being out over the plate - and the officer said he thought I was trying to pull a fast one with dealer ad thingie. he didn't care that I had a paper reg.
What ended up happening?

danibel
Burning Since: 2009

Post by danibel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:12 pm

SkyPirate wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 pm
danibel wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am
What ended up happening?
welp. We hit the gauntlet after a four hour wait at the gate, and while waiting we smoked a little roach. Of course the windows were up, but we didn't realize how much it smelled. When I rolled the window down, the officer smelled the pot and immediately walked back to his car to get a drug dog. We got searched, they found the weed, and I got a fat ticket. I contacted lawyers for burners, and they got my charge reduced to littering and my fine down to 300 or some thing and payments. I actually went to the federal court date in January. I wanted to see the whole process. There were about 7-8 other burners with me. And the lawyers for burners were great. Didn't charge me a dime, but got me the same deal they got other people that couldn't show up to court, and had hired (and paid) for their service. I think it was $600 if you didn't show up, and that covered the fine and the lawyers fee.

So I have a littering charge on federal land. and I don't carry weed to the burn. at all.
In dust we trust.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:09 am

SkyPirate wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:26 am
So I bought an RV but the plates haven't arrived yet. What could go worng? 😅
Should be as bad as this.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=63539
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:02 am

The question is about temporary missing Licence plates.

What we now know is you will get pulled over many times.

But is it possible to do it legal?
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”