Box Truck Renters - Check Your Invoice

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and getting to/from the event - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues.
Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Box Truck Renters - Check Your Invoice

Post by Drawingablank » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:29 am

Without mentioning names, I am having an issue with a burner friendly truck rental place that used to be on Gentry Way and has now moved to Kietzke Ln. so you will know if this may affect you.

I used them happily for 6 years so I really hope this is just an error, but be aware that I was billed double their posted cleaning fee of 200.00 I had to dash to the airport so didn't notice this until I arrived home. After 10 days of calling I finally had someone answer the phone, and was told that "corporate" adds the other surprise 200.00

Upon calling corporate, I was told by a supervisor that they add no such thing and they tried repeatedly to contact the rental location with no success. Eventually the supervisor at corporate suggested that I dispute the charges with my credit card company.

Just wanted to throw this out there so you all can check your rental bills. I hope this is just one big error but if there is a pattern of this happening then perhaps they are no longer burner friendly.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Box Truck Renters - Check Your Invoice

Post by Savannah » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Yikes! . . . Thank you for sharing that tale. :shock: I had often considered renting a box truck from that location if I were to ever do the whole fly + drive option.

And I trust you'll definitely dispute the charges . . . ? Let us know how it goes.

I would like to see if that happens to anyone else. Sounds like some first-class opportunism.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Savannah wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:20 pm
I would like to see if that happens to anyone else. Sounds like some first-class opportunism.
Well it may very well be opportunism, but for now I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt unless others weigh in with a similar issue. They have always been very good to us in the past, but it may be something as simple as the new manager making an error - time will tell.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Yeah--I do hope it's just an error.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Return to “Bikes & Transportation”