gross ebay post

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:21 pm

I have seen whole blocks of those 100k RVs within two three blocks of center camp..

Dustdevil
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers

Post by Dustdevil » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:25 pm

unjonharley wrote:I have seen whole blocks of those 100k RVs within two three blocks of center camp..
I think you can rest assured that they weren't squatters. Placement had to put them there........
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.

Major Krash
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by Major Krash » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:31 pm

jkisha wrote:...Interesting that it has been going on all tuis time and you never noticed and it never bothered you? Not until someone pointed it out did you feel the need to complain that it was ruining the event. Obviously, as you have never before noticed their presence, this can't be true. Makes your objections sound hollow and unfounded. JK
I have noticed the increase in Vended Camps - in 2009 one of the Vendors dumped 4 campers next to me (and the Clients, who were British and not friendly despite beer offerings and attempts to communicate, left a mess). The "news to me" part is that Placement is aware of this and actively works with them to make it happen. Kudo's to anyone that can pull off the logistics of a Burningman Vended Camp within the posted rules that everyone else is expected to follow, and if they make some money OK - but when they start displacing other, non-profit making (and it is semantics to argue that they might not make much money) burners, the event dies a little more. What percentage of camps can be for-profit before the event becomes non-sustainable? And if every Burner knew of this participation by the Org, would they be so willing to volunteer as much time and money to build the city each year? That is my concern, not that someone makes money off Burningman (it is not my trademark, and upwards of a hundred million dollars gets spent each year by Burners collectively, so SOMEONE profits off Burningman...)

I am glad that Kevin is seeking to improve his offering. Done correctly (within the posted rules that every other camp is expected to follow for placement, and at least being aware of the "10 principals", etc) I would have no objections...(I fall short of some of the principals, from time-to-time, myself.)

Catblack

Post by Catblack » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Eric wrote:Can I just point out one fact that's being hammered against Kevin here as if he's the first person to ever have a problem with it:

MOOP is a constant cluster fuck!

How many of us carry MOOP bags because there are ...
I haven't ever seen you with a moop bag. I confess, I've avoided you every time I've seen you since you rubbed your ballsack on my knee while climbing into my lap at a Piss Clear party on playa a few years back. It was uninvited and creepy and unwanted. Or is 'moop bag' a snarky little pet name for your testicles?
I've had early entry since 2003; every year, before Gate even opens, I see more & more crap out in the playa, beer cans in the Jots, crap flying by.
Before Gate Opens.
So people who are supposed to "know better" are littering and don't seem to "get it" any more than what you're blaming him for.
I think this is a hyperbolous load of horseshit. (Much like your breath when you drunkenly, aggressively, came on to me.) I've been out there early for 6 years, and I know for a fact that the people doing the setup care about the playa. A large number of them do the teardown post-event and then site restoration. I know my crew does a superb job keeping moop off the ground during setup -- and we see things from one end of the city to the other. Early arrivals don't make any sort of huge mess, either.

I have been there and cannot agree with your estimation of moop on the playa prior to the gates opening.
Yes, I am talking to him & may be working with him to make this actually work for the larger community as well as him, but that doesn't mean I haven't had problems with some of what he posted. Those problems are the reason I made my offer-
At least you are asking before you touch these days.

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Yes I carry a moop bag at all times..I spend an hour picking each morning.. I put a trash fence around my camp most years.. I try my best to practice, Don't let it hit the ground.. The Earth folks have given me a canvas moop bag.. Jella made a basket liner for my walker for mooping..

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Catblack wrote:
Eric wrote:Can I just point out one fact that's being hammered against Kevin here as if he's the first person to ever have a problem with it:

MOOP is a constant cluster fuck!

How many of us carry MOOP bags because there are ...
I haven't ever seen you with a moop bag. I confess, I've avoided you every time I've seen you since you rubbed your ballsack on my knee while climbing into my lap at a Piss Clear party on playa a few years back. It was uninvited and creepy and unwanted. Or is 'moop bag' a snarky little pet name for your testicles?
I've had early entry since 2003; every year, before Gate even opens, I see more & more crap out in the playa, beer cans in the Jots, crap flying by.
Before Gate Opens.
So people who are supposed to "know better" are littering and don't seem to "get it" any more than what you're blaming him for.
I think this is a hyperbolous load of horseshit. (Much like your breath when you drunkenly, aggressively, came on to me.) I've been out there early for 6 years, and I know for a fact that the people doing the setup care about the playa. A large number of them do the teardown post-event and then site restoration. I know my crew does a superb job keeping moop off the ground during setup -- and we see things from one end of the city to the other. Early arrivals don't make any sort of huge mess, either.

I have been there and cannot agree with your estimation of moop on the playa prior to the gates opening.
Yes, I am talking to him & may be working with him to make this actually work for the larger community as well as him, but that doesn't mean I haven't had problems with some of what he posted. Those problems are the reason I made my offer-
At least you are asking before you touch these days.
wtf? no, no really, wtf?

you got a grudge?
that's you.
but why be a turd and use this thread for it?

Why make personal attacks on someone here, who is respected by many?
I have no interest, in what is between you two......but, a little class goes a long way........you're still at the starting line, so to speak.

dang.....
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Catblack wrote:I haven't ever seen you with a moop bag. I confess, I've avoided you every time I've seen you since you rubbed your ballsack on my knee while climbing into my lap at a Piss Clear party on playa a few years back. It was uninvited and creepy and unwanted.
I have no idea who you are, and honestly don't care, but I'm flattered!
You have a fantasy about feeling my ballsack? Interesting. Me sitting on your lap at a party in our camp & making you uncomfortable- oh, quite likely. We were known for a rather loud aggressive "Piss Queer" contingent of which I was a main member. But, seeing as I always wear both underwear & pants, any ball-feeling was your fears, not my body.

And, yes, there's a MOOP bag in my pouch & yes, I stand by my statement- the amount of MOOP before Gate opens is growing. Is it as bad as mid-week? No. Is it there? Yes. Denying it doesn't make it go away.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Former Ass't Editor & columnist, BRC Weekly

Catblack

Post by Catblack » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:07 pm

unjonharley wrote:Yes I carry a moop bag at all times..I spend an hour picking each morning.. I put a trash fence around my camp most years.. I try my best to practice, Don't let it hit the ground.. The folks have given me a canvas moop bag.. Jella made a basket liner for my walker for mooping..
Thanks Unjonharley. I agree that putting a camp-sized trash fence up is the way to go. It's not feasible for most though.

I think the central issue is that if Sacrementogames Kevin does bring his "clients" in, and says he will clean up their moop afterwards, can he (and his staff) be reasonably expected to do that, given that they've already gotten paid and the event is over.

I don't think he would, and that's because I believe that to do it properly, you should have everyone in your camp line up and sweep your area. There was a thread 2 weeks ago over on reddit (from someone who was wondering about the ethics of organizing a for-profit theme camp.) My main objection to their proposal was "think of the moop!" You can read that thread over here.

thirt33n
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Post by thirt33n » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:08 pm

:shock:
blow.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

how is life, homey?

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:13 pm

thirt33n!
Frida Be You & Me

lonestoner916

Post by lonestoner916 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:37 pm

As someone wise said, "Paying for a clean, comfortable, sanitized Burn is like going to the Bunny Ranch to jack off by yourself in the bathroom!"

So true...

Catblack are you sure you have the right Eric? That doesn't sound like the Eric ShutterSlut we have come to know and love on ePlaya.
[img]http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92/Motha420Herb/stoner.gif[/img]
http://lonestonersblog.blogspot.com/

thirt33n

Post by thirt33n » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:37 pm

hello my friend(s). i've been in and out and missing y'all.
finally get to return this year so i am comin' back 'round here.
good to read you again brother!

*edit= (s) ! :D
blow.

thirt33n

Post by thirt33n » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:49 pm

btw, Kevin-
I love the modifications you've made to your ebay item descriptions.
You've done a far better job at listening and learning than most people seem to do.
blow.

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Catblack wrote:
Thanks Unjonharley. I agree that putting a camp-sized trash fence up is the way to go. It's not feasible for most though.
The fence is One roll of plastic fence cut in half lenght way.. Gives you two 100 ft sections at 18 inches high..

Major Krash
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by Major Krash » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:07 pm

thirt33n wrote:btw, Kevin-
I love the modifications you've made to your ebay item descriptions.
You've done a far better job at listening and learning than most people seem to do.
Yes...kudos to Kevin for the changes to the offer...and for engaging/listening.

Catblack

Post by Catblack » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 pm

I have pictures of the afternoon in question, but though your face isn't clear, you were wearing an orange shirt and a turquoise skirt. (My pictures are of the friends I was with, but you are partially in some of the shots.) In my 11 years attending Burning Man, you were THAT drunken horny asshole when you came on to me.

I'm not homophobic, I'm absolutely pro-queer. It was low of me to snark at you because I disagreed with your opinion. I'm not surprised you don't remember me, you were pretty drunk, and it was a long, long time ago. I was actually surprised to see you on the e-playa, but I only log on here every 6 months or less. When I saw the picture with your post, I thought "Oh no, it's that jerk again..." Perhaps back then you felt emboldened that I was sitting near your friends, but again, you didn't ask to climb onto my lap, you weren't wearing pants or shorts under the skirt and your breath was pretty bad. You made a pretty bad impression on me that afternoon.

Eric, yes it was a low blow. I do disagree with your opinion as to the state of the playa before the gates open. It's not like it's a climate shift, things aren't getting slowly worse -- the event is a unique experience every year and thus you can't make the claim that the staff and early arrivals are getting worse and worse. That's just silly. You were just making your point for it's own sake -- it's not like the Piss Clear gang are known for their early arrival moop inspections. (Or on-playa writing, for that matter.)

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Catblack wrote:I have pictures of the afternoon in question, but though your face isn't clear, you were wearing an orange shirt and a turquoise skirt. (My pictures are of the friends I was with, but you are partially in some of the shots.) In my 11 years attending Burning Man, you were THAT drunken horny asshole when you came on to me.

I'm not homophobic, I'm absolutely pro-queer. It was low of me to snark at you because I disagreed with your opinion. I'm not surprised you don't remember me, you were pretty drunk, and it was a long, long time ago. I was actually surprised to see you on the e-playa, but I only log on here every 6 months or less. When I saw the picture with your post, I thought "Oh no, it's that jerk again..." Perhaps back then you felt emboldened that I was sitting near your friends, but again, you didn't ask to climb onto my lap, you weren't wearing pants or shorts under the skirt and your breath was pretty bad. You made a pretty bad impression on me that afternoon.

Eric, yes it was a low blow. I do disagree with your opinion as to the state of the playa before the gates open. It's not like it's a climate shift, things aren't getting slowly worse -- the event is a unique experience every year and thus you can't make the claim that the staff and early arrivals are getting worse and worse. That's just silly. You were just making your point for it's own sake -- it's not like the Piss Clear gang are known for their early arrival moop inspections. (Or on-playa writing, for that matter.)
Well fuck'en meoww.. Suggest you just pack it over to you other goood friend.. Six month is not long enough for you to be gone

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:35 pm

I always knew I was going to break somebody's heart someday.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Former Ass't Editor & columnist, BRC Weekly

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Quick show of hands here: How many people think we need a thread called "Klein Ebay Post"?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:25 pm

unjonharley wrote:
Catblack wrote:I have pictures of the afternoon in question, but though your face isn't clear, you were wearing an orange shirt and a turquoise skirt. (My pictures are of the friends I was with, but you are partially in some of the shots.) In my 11 years attending Burning Man, you were THAT drunken horny asshole when you came on to me.

Well fuck'en meoww.. Suggest you just pack it over to you other goood friend.. Six month is not long enough for you to be gone
yup, I'd agree here cat..........seems a fuck off, is in order.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:01 am

I am allergic to cats.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:27 am

Moderator note: sigh.

erbal

Post by erbal » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:43 am

@catblack - a gay man came onto you while drunk ... get over it, it happens all the time & at least you are lucky enough for it to be one random experience in 11 years burning.

@eric - it's possible that you can be an ass when you are drunk ... take note & try not to get so trashed in future.

See this below, it's a line ... everyone's had their say and let this be the end of it ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooh, look, there are fluffy bunnies & BBQ'd unicorn on this side of the line ... come join the dark side, we have bacon!

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:53 am

erbal wrote:@catblack - a gay man came onto you while drunk ... get over it, it happens all the time & at least you are lucky enough for it to be one random experience in 11 years burning.

@eric - it's possible that you can be an ass when you are drunk ... take note & try not to get so trashed in future.

See this below, it's a line ... everyone's had their say and let this be the end of it ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooh, look, there are fluffy bunnies & BBQ'd unicorn on this side of the line ... come join the dark side, we have bacon!

Some one died and left you spokes person for ?????

erbal

Post by erbal » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:30 am

unjonharley wrote: Some one died and left you spokes person for ?????
Actually, they didn't die ... I killed them with a butter knife, marinaded them in BBQ sauce & served them up to burners saying that it was unicorn meat!

Would you like to see my butter knife collection? I'm running out of unicorns ;)

dnightshade

Ebay ticket sales

Post by dnightshade » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:02 am

Personally, I've been feeling the reason that tickets were sold out so fast are due to the possibility of third party involvement in buying the tickets. It seems a bit ridiculous when you look at the previous year sales.

Plus I've seen stuff like this a few times on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tickets-Burning-M ... 500wt_1156

Of course theres this one that was already mentioned once:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Burningman-2011-Buc ... 4aa8157973

I'm sure that's not where it ends either.

Something should be done about this.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:06 am

Ah, the passive voice. Always a great spreader of discontent...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

dnightshade

Post by dnightshade » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:09 am

I mean look at this:

http://tickets.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nk ... m270.l1313

That's what about 60 tickets for all of those listings.

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:13 am

dnightshade wrote:I mean look at this:

http://tickets.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nk ... m270.l1313

That's what about 60 tickets for all of those listings.
Not early sale tickets, full price fourth tier. We asked.

The pair for $750 gives me pause, as they promise delivery between 1~3 Feb. Uh, really? Unless these were purchased pre-Christmas and they're getting a jump on the nervous nellies.

Lord Of Ruin

Post by Lord Of Ruin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:37 am

jkisha wrote:
Major Krash wrote:
Dustdevil wrote:...Placement is aware of the MANY businesses that are already doing this and they work with them...
...this is news to me - if true (and I respect your opinion, so...) it saddens me that for-profit ventures are displacing either open campers or theme camps that provide interactivity.
Interesting that it has been going on all tuis time and you never noticed and it never bothered you? Not until someone pointed it out did you feel the need to complain that it was ruining the event. Obviously, as you have never before noticed their presence, this can't be true. Makes your objections sound hollow and unfounded.

JK
Hmmm...from my placer friends, I don't believe that this is strictly true. While Placement HAS worked to facilitate some things like this, these accommodations were always in direct support of something else happening on playa. That is, some piece of art, some community outreach, some large camp, etc. As a result, the vendor passes were approved in support of these.

I don't think they'll approve early arrival vendor passes (yes, even vendor passes have restrictions on them. You don't just get to come and go because you buy some mythical vendor pass) strictly to facilitate someone's profit making venture.

Oh, and Placement (and Gate...and DMV) is already aware of this and one other deal going on like this.

LoR
The fox provides for himself, but God provides for the lion - W. Blake (attribution corrected)

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”