Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
User avatar
incubus_pantomime
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:44 am
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Lamplighters (thanks, guys and gals!)
Location: Houston, TX

Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby incubus_pantomime » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:28 am

I really don't understand all the complaining and carrying-on about this whole process. I'm still not sold on the lottery process, but I'm not about to spout some stupid idea like an Occupy BM scheme, especially when we haven't heard all of the details. I'm inclined to think that I will still be able to attend my virgin burn, regardless of this new ticketing process, because I planned ahead (both monetarily and mentally).

I'm thinking that this lottery system is anything but a game of chance. I think that the BMOrg is going to take in all the bets they receive. Let's say 50,000, though I know that it will likely be more. The lottery will then have exactly 50,000 winners. Everyone is going to get a ticket, but they will receive them in waves, to take the burden off of BM's ticket servers, and reduce a lot of stress (which is so ironic at this point). By the time the event rolls around, everyone who "placed a bet" during the registration process will have received a ticket. If my hunch is correct, I see no problem whatsoever with this lottery system. Ok, so I'll have to wait. Big deal.

Now, I know that Burning Man is not a music festival by any stretch of the imagination, but hear me out. I'm 23, and I'm from Texas. I just graduated from college, and now I'm in grad school. So, by nature, I'm always broke. Given that, I still attend at least four different music festivals every year, one of which is in California. I've been going to Coachella for a few years now, and though I am broke, I manage to babysit/work longer hours/ask for money at Christmas/whatever to scrape together the $800 it costs for me to go ($300 for my ticket, $200 for my portion of the rental car and hotel, $100 for my part of gas and food, and $200 spending money). This also applies for Austin City Limits ($200), FunFunFun Festival ($200), and Free Press Summer Fest ($150), all of which I plan ahead for and make it to unscathed. I'm also able to go to these events while enrolled in school full-time, even when it means that I have to take tests a week early or turn in a final project in advance. Point is, I fucking make it work. Sorry for the harsh language, but it's sad to see so many people that are close to my age, bitching and complaining about something they can't change, instead of taking control of all of the other aspects of this pilgrimage (transportation, money, food, etc), and being content with the fact that the people who created this event are not going to screw them over for no reason. They know there's a problem, and they're using what resources they have to fix it. Plan ahead, quit bitching, and wait until you know everything before you start some asinine Occupy scheme. If I get a ticket, and I see people actually doing this, it's going to take everything in my power to not kick the shit outta someone.

I know I'm new, so feel free to sling mud at me and say I'm young/stupid/etc...but take a moment to take in the information and truly process it before you say I'm wrong.
"I think perhaps love thrives on unlikely circumstance and chance : life thrives on these principles, and is life not love? And love not life?"

User avatar
junglesmacks
Posts: 5816
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Your mom's tent

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:46 am

incubus_pantomime wrote:I know I'm new, so feel free to sling mud at me and say I'm young/stupid/etc...but take a moment to take in the information and truly process it before you say I'm wrong.



You're dead on right. Welcome to eplaya. :D
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

User avatar
Ugly Dougly
Posts: 16605
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Burning Since: 1996
Location: San Jose, CA
Contact:

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:52 am

We need new blood like you. You'll make a fine burner. Welcome.

The lottery is not an ideal answer, but last year's was no walk in the park either - a lot of people missed out on getting tickets if you can recall.

The man will burn in 2012 and the vast majority of us will be there. That's as good as it ever gets. Deal with it. :)

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15799
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby trilobyte » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:54 am

I'd venture to guess that everyone who's making ticket plans this early will be there.

User avatar
wh..sh
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby wh..sh » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:56 am

incubus_pantomime wrote:I fucking make it work.


That applies for burning man and everything else about this economy.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40296
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:13 am

trilobyte wrote:I'd venture to guess that everyone who's making ticket plans this early will be there.

So we'll be able to watch from the metaphoric shore as the procrastinators battle it out for seats on the lifeboats?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
remi
Posts: 684
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:58 pm
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Contact:

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby remi » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 am

Agree x 23.741³
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

User avatar
junglesmacks
Posts: 5816
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Your mom's tent

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:17 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
trilobyte wrote:I'd venture to guess that everyone who's making ticket plans this early will be there.

So we'll be able to watch from the metaphoric shore as the procrastinators battle it out for seats on the lifeboats?



Oh.. the fun has only just begun. This years ticket drama will end up making last years ticket drama look like a spitball fight.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 16943
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:57 am

YOU, my dear,
Are SCORCHINGLY HOT in so many ways.


i love it when a newb "Gets it"...
incubus_pantomime wrote:I really don't understand all the complaining and carrying-on about this whole process. I'm still not sold on the lottery process, but I'm not about to spout some stupid idea like an Occupy BM scheme, especially when we haven't heard all of the details. I'm inclined to think that I will still be able to attend my virgin burn, regardless of this new ticketing process, because I planned ahead (both monetarily and mentally).

I'm thinking that this lottery system is anything but a game of chance. I think that the BMOrg is going to take in all the bets they receive. Let's say 50,000, though I know that it will likely be more. The lottery will then have exactly 50,000 winners. Everyone is going to get a ticket, but they will receive them in waves, to take the burden off of BM's ticket servers, and reduce a lot of stress (which is so ironic at this point). By the time the event rolls around, everyone who "placed a bet" during the registration process will have received a ticket. If my hunch is correct, I see no problem whatsoever with this lottery system. Ok, so I'll have to wait. Big deal.

Now, I know that Burning Man is not a music festival by any stretch of the imagination, but hear me out. I'm 23, and I'm from Texas. I just graduated from college, and now I'm in grad school. So, by nature, I'm always broke. Given that, I still attend at least four different music festivals every year, one of which is in California. I've been going to Coachella for a few years now, and though I am broke, I manage to babysit/work longer hours/ask for money at Christmas/whatever to scrape together the $800 it costs for me to go ($300 for my ticket, $200 for my portion of the rental car and hotel, $100 for my part of gas and food, and $200 spending money). This also applies for Austin City Limits ($200), FunFunFun Festival ($200), and Free Press Summer Fest ($150), all of which I plan ahead for and make it to unscathed. I'm also able to go to these events while enrolled in school full-time, even when it means that I have to take tests a week early or turn in a final project in advance. Point is, I fucking make it work. Sorry for the harsh language, but it's sad to see so many people that are close to my age, bitching and complaining about something they can't change, instead of taking control of all of the other aspects of this pilgrimage (transportation, money, food, etc), and being content with the fact that the people who created this event are not going to screw them over for no reason. They know there's a problem, and they're using what resources they have to fix it. Plan ahead, quit bitching, and wait until you know everything before you start some asinine Occupy scheme. If I get a ticket, and I see people actually doing this, it's going to take everything in my power to not kick the shit outta someone.

I know I'm new, so feel free to sling mud at me and say I'm young/stupid/etc...but take a moment to take in the information and truly process it before you say I'm wrong.
“Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.”

– Leonardo da Vinci

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters

burn,burn,burn 2016

User avatar
RedHeaven
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:00 am
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche
Location: Nevada City California

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby RedHeaven » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:08 am

AND he's got a cool username!

User avatar
Dr. Pyro
Posts: 4343
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro
Location: Newcastle, CA
Contact:

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:12 am

How do you know incubus_pantomime is a he?

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40296
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:16 am

Well, the chest is not Mae West pnumatic...however, red roses seem so girly.

Of course, we all know my gender sense it a little skewed.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
junglesmacks
Posts: 5816
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Your mom's tent

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:21 am

RedHeaven wrote:AND he's got a cool username!


That av looks perrty damn female to me..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

User avatar
Simon of the Playa
Posts: 16943
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
Location: Rochester, Nevada.

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:21 am

i can smell her thru the screen...she's a she.
“Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.”

– Leonardo da Vinci

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters

burn,burn,burn 2016

User avatar
Ugly Dougly
Posts: 16605
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Burning Since: 1996
Location: San Jose, CA
Contact:

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:25 am

remi wrote:Agree x 23.741³

Oh, great, go ahead and spoil it with maaaath. (spits) ;)


An incubus is male and a succubus is female, but I don't expect every birgin to be versed in demonology.

User avatar
junglesmacks
Posts: 5816
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Your mom's tent

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:26 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:An incubus is male and a succubus is female, but I don't expect every birgin to be versed in demonology.


Nor the non-burgins for that matter.. :oops:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15799
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby trilobyte » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:35 am

If only she had written us some kind of awesome introduction as one of her first posts...

User avatar
RedHeaven
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:00 am
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche
Location: Nevada City California

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby RedHeaven » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:40 am

d'Oh! I shoulda known. That perspective and positive spirit would NEVER be male! :mrgreen:

I kid boys, I kid. People used to think I was a dude until I put the pic up, I think people still think Im a dude sometimes. :checks pants:

User avatar
wh..sh
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby wh..sh » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:45 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:How do you know incubus_pantomime is a he?


I was just hoping he is he so I can... let's say... hmm... eat sandwich with him.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Posts: 9065
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly
Contact:

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:04 pm

wh..sh wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote:How do you know incubus_pantomime is a he?


I was just hoping he is he so I can... let's say... hmm... eat sandwich with him.


It's Burning Man, why limit yourself to one gender?

I've read a couple of her posts- definitely someone who's Doing It Right! Welcome aboard I_P !
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15799
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby trilobyte » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:18 pm

FWIW, Dude's always been a gender-neutral word for me.

User avatar
FIGJAM
Posts: 9688
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby FIGJAM » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:18 pm

[quote=
An incubus is male and a succubus is female, but I don't expect every birgin to be versed in demonology.[/quote]

I thought that was part of the "10 principals"! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40296
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm

I thought it was denimology.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
incubus_pantomime
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:44 am
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Lamplighters (thanks, guys and gals!)
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby incubus_pantomime » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Holy cow. I wasn't aware that my gender was up for debate. :|

I am female, just for clarity. I'm well aware that the creature known as an incubus is male, but my name doesn't refer to the creature. Incubus is my favorite band, and "Pantomime" is one of my favorite songs by said band. Maybe a little cliche', but I like what I like.

Simon of the Playa wrote:i can smell her thru the screen...she's a she.


Simon of the Playa, this is both hilarious and thoroughly disturbing, all in one sentence...well done, sir.

trilobyte wrote:If only she had written us some kind of awesome introduction as one of her first posts...


See? I may be a "n00b," but at least I do it up right. :D
"I think perhaps love thrives on unlikely circumstance and chance : life thrives on these principles, and is life not love? And love not life?"

User avatar
incubus_pantomime
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:44 am
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Lamplighters (thanks, guys and gals!)
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby incubus_pantomime » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Oh, and that is me in the picture. Pretty damn sexy, IMHO. Haha... :P
"I think perhaps love thrives on unlikely circumstance and chance : life thrives on these principles, and is life not love? And love not life?"

User avatar
britzbitz
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:32 pm
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: DISTRIKT / Couch Surfer at FunkyTown
Location: Nelson BC
Contact:

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby britzbitz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:06 pm

The world needs more people like you, miss.
"the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware - joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." - henry miller

User avatar
junglesmacks
Posts: 5816
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Your mom's tent

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:13 pm

I mean, she can obviously bake..

Image
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

User avatar
britzbitz
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:32 pm
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: DISTRIKT / Couch Surfer at FunkyTown
Location: Nelson BC
Contact:

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby britzbitz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:21 pm

junglesmacks wrote:I mean, she can obviously bake..

Image


Delicious!


….wait, what's in these?
"the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware - joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." - henry miller

User avatar
junglesmacks
Posts: 5816
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Your mom's tent

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 pm

britzbitz wrote:….wait, what's in these?


Too late now.. :twisted:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

User avatar
remi
Posts: 684
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:58 pm
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Contact:

Re: Let's see a positive turnaround here.

Postby remi » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:28 pm

junglesmacks wrote:I mean, she can obviously bake..

Image


Wow.. I can smell those through the screen! Nom nom nom!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?


Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests