Official "Awarded Tickets" Thread

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
remi

Re: Official "Awarded Tickets" Thread

Post by remi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:06 pm

Katiebaby25 wrote:JUST GOT MY CONFIRMATION!! 2 @ $390.00

*enormous sigh of relief*

Still have my fingers crossed for the rest of you!

And yes my confirmation also states Will Call... oh well lots of time to change that! WOOOOOOOOOT!!!

RIGHT ON!! CALGARY REPRESENT! sorry for yelling everyone.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

cthulhu

Post by cthulhu » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Holy. Heck.

Was having a "low" day and anticipating either not hearing at all/having to buy through STEP or hearing not til, say, 11:59PM tomorrow.

Glaring at my inbox as it reads "Unread Messages-1" knowing that it will probably be ANOTHER twitter/fb/etc. notification rather than what I want-

And yet!

2 sweet, amazing tickets at 390!!!

Holy. SHIT!!!!!!!

now to over-prepare and freak out about how to get there from here and try to be a Good Birgin rather than a Sparklepony.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!! I will see you all on the Playa!!!

Finxiekins

Post by Finxiekins » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm

bubbavic wrote:
Finxiekins wrote:
Finxiekins wrote:Hey everyone! Just thought I'd update - My friend got a ticket at tier1, ($240) just now. I helped her register for tickets, so there's no way it's for a higher tier. Which stands to reason that they're drawing at all tiers currently. THERE IS HOPE FOR ME YET! YEEHAW!
Well, just got another text from her that says that she did in fact register for a $240 ticket, but they charged her for a $390 one. I thought maybe she had put another one in on a separate card, but, she is adamant that she didn't. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sorry for the misleading info if it is indeed what she says. Hope I didn't get anyone too pumped, because I was as well. Boo.
Shenanigans!!
Not shenanigans. I'm not that type of person, so unless my friend got a ticket on a different card and is lying to me, there's something odd here. I would never intentionally mislead someone, that's just cruel and horrible, especially in this situation.

Killbuck
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by Killbuck » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:09 pm

Visit SIDESHOW at our kewl website http://sideshow2017.weebly.com

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:09 pm

Finxiekins wrote:
Finxiekins wrote:Hey everyone! Just thought I'd update - My friend got a ticket at tier1, ($240) just now. I helped her register for tickets, so there's no way it's for a higher tier. Which stands to reason that they're drawing at all tiers currently. THERE IS HOPE FOR ME YET! YEEHAW!
Well, just got another text from her that says that she did in fact register for a $240 ticket, but they charged her for a $390 one. I thought maybe she had put another one in on a separate card, but, she is adamant that she didn't. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sorry for the misleading info if it is indeed what she says. Hope I didn't get anyone too pumped, because I was as well. Boo.
Does your friend have her original email confirmation with the price? That might be decent proof it wasn't user error. My registration said what my top price was, and how many tickets I'd requested.

Your friend should contact the Org using the method in the email confirmation she receives.
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

inthecolumbiagorge

Post by inthecolumbiagorge » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Finxiekins wrote:

At this point if it were me I guess I would just be glad I got one. Hopefully she can afford the $390 hit for $150 more than she was prepared to spend... :?

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:10 pm

cthulhu wrote:Holy. Heck.

Was having a "low" day and anticipating either not hearing at all/having to buy through STEP or hearing not til, say, 11:59PM tomorrow.

Glaring at my inbox as it reads "Unread Messages-1" knowing that it will probably be ANOTHER twitter/fb/etc. notification rather than what I want-

And yet!

Holy. SHIT!!!!!!!

now to over-prepare and freak out about how to get there from here and try to be a Good Birgin rather than a Sparklepony.

Hum. Even cthulhu worries about being a sparkle pony? I guess the elder gods are not what they are cracked up to be.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

ryptide

Post by ryptide » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Confirmed 1 @ $390. BRC, HERE I COME!

RedHeaven
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche

Post by RedHeaven » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Still waiting for my one tic! Congrats Burntards, cant wait to see you all in Bizarro Home!

The only thing that sux about this is I keep looking at my email....It is psychologically intense....I should ban myself from the internet for a couple of hours at LEAST....
Last edited by RedHeaven on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Kernul Killbuck wrote:
trilobyte wrote: The hardware's not on fire, the screens haven't melted, and I don't even think they've had to break out the hammer… ;)

Finxiekins

Post by Finxiekins » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Savannah wrote:
Finxiekins wrote:

Does your friend have her original email confirmation with the price? That might be decent proof it wasn't user error. My registration said what my top price was, and how many tickets I'd requested.

Your friend should contact the Org using the method in the email confirmation she receives.
Got it figured out! Turns out by some happy accident that we registered her for all tiers, so, she got a ticket at $390. What a happy accident though! :D

peacefulhuman

Post by peacefulhuman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:15 pm

Congratulations to all the winners. It's nice to see the joy in the posts.

And every time I see the little (1) on the tab of my e-mail inbox, I get a rush -- followed by utter disappointment when I see it's not a confirmation. For the last couple hours, it's been like that:

RUSH!
deflate
RUSH!
deflate

I'm starting to question my whole existence.

Killbuck
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by Killbuck » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:16 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit SIDESHOW at our kewl website http://sideshow2017.weebly.com

Nipple

Post by Nipple » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Facebook Friend wrote:Oh I am not a happy camper with Burning Man. When I placed my name in the lottery for 2012 I had marked 2 tickets at max of $240. It came back as 1 ticket for $390 from the ticketing service. This is not what I had selected on the online screen. Now I just got charged $390 for one ticket. Grrrrr!
Something is seriously whackadoo...

illy dilly
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Savannah wrote:You do that. :D I'm going to dance and finish my sandwich.

[/youtube]

It's dangerous, but that's how I roll.
That sound much better!

But the boss would probably get suspicious, and their would be a drug test waiting for me in the morning.

Congrats to all the winners so far!!!

There's still plenty of time left in the day for the rest of us!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

cthulhu

Post by cthulhu » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:18 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
cthulhu wrote:Holy. Heck.

And yet!

Holy. SHIT!!!!!!!

Hum. Even cthulhu worries about being a sparkle pony? I guess the elder gods are not what they are cracked up to be.
It's hard out there in the playa for an Elda'. Have to not forget my hat.
Summer-Fun-Cthulhu-Large.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

inog

Post by inog » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:19 pm

3:11 Pacific Time

Email from: Burning Man Tickets
Email title: Confirmation of your order #*************

(2 tickets x $390.00 USD) - Burning Man 2012

It was really nice of them to include the link "get directions."

yippie

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:19 pm

The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

DannySavage

Post by DannySavage » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:20 pm

Katiebaby25 wrote:
DannySavage wrote:I'M IN!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

God luck to everyone, big love from England! xx
DANNY!! YAY! Congrats! Keep sending your good English vibes my way so we can finally see eachother again!! I miss your crazy ass!!!

My vibes are all yours baby! You will get a ticket and i will see you the PLAYA!!! :D

ConsciousKitty

Post by ConsciousKitty » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:20 pm

:D My friend Hayley and I both got tickets! :D We registered for full price option and both got them at full price. I've heard they are awarding full price first. Feeling so excited and relieved! Not gonna lie, there were some tears of joy!!!!!!!!!! Now to start working today. :D

**HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY!**

Mosquitopilate
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Mosquitopilate » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:21 pm

Well it is 6:20 pm in pittsburgh & my 1 ticket request is still out there somewhere....please find me
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - [email protected] Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(

tattoogoddess
Burning Since: 2012

Post by tattoogoddess » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:22 pm

gibson_ wrote:I'm praying to ALL of the gods just to be sure.

Will sacrificing a virgin help too?

Not it! * runs and hides*
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Finxiekins wrote:
Got it figured out! Turns out by some happy accident that we registered her for all tiers, so, she got a ticket at $390. What a happy accident though! :D
I thought it might be that. It's really easy to accidentally choose all tiers, but I didn't want to assume. :D

(It is indeed a happy accident. Tell her it actually increased her odds of getting tickets, being in all tiers!)

jross

Post by jross » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Savannah wrote:
Finxiekins wrote:
I thought it might be that. It's really easy to accidentally choose all tiers, but I didn't want to assume. :D

(It is indeed a happy accident. Tell her it actually increased her odds of getting tickets, being in all tiers!)
And hurt my odds

bubbavic

Post by bubbavic » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:25 pm

I did a quadruple check just now...

[email protected] 390 confirmed! I'm going Home again! (literally tearing up). Good luck to the those who are still waiting...don't give up hope until it's officially done! I had almost resigned myself to having missed out on the lottery. There's always the STEP program and the second open sale.

*happy dance*
aka FlyingSquirrel =)

Nipple

Post by Nipple » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Nipple wrote:
Facebook Friend wrote:Oh I am not a happy camper with Burning Man. When I placed my name in the lottery for 2012 I had marked 2 tickets at max of $240. It came back as 1 ticket for $390 from the ticketing service. This is not what I had selected on the online screen. Now I just got charged $390 for one ticket. Grrrrr!
Something is seriously whackadoo...
The plot thins...
My Response wrote: I would send an email to the ticket folks. Include your original ticket confirmation email (it'll have what you were in for). How they've been handling it... if a name is drawn, tickets are fulfilled in the quantity that they've requested.

I've seen a couple cases of this not happening, and the ticket folks fixed it.

http://tickets2.burningman.com/contact.php
Her Response wrote:I sent an e-mail as soon as I saw the mistake. Even the confirmation from the original purchase request said one for $390 but there was nothing I could do to get it changed. But, I know, because I looked at it twice, that I put in for 2 at $240 before I submitted the request.

rubymermaid

Post by rubymermaid » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:27 pm

One tier 3 ticket confirmed @390

Nothing seems to be out of order. Wish they had warned us on that 1.01 account checking fee. I keep my checking account as low as possible. Was counting on 409 not 410.01. Worked out okay. Had the funds.

cthulhu

Post by cthulhu » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:28 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Just for you, cthulhu.
Deep trapped-at-the-bottom-of-the-ocean <3

Katiebaby25
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Space Gnomes

Post by Katiebaby25 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:28 pm

DannySavage wrote:
Katiebaby25 wrote:
DannySavage wrote:I'M IN!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

God luck to everyone, big love from England! xx
DANNY!! YAY! Congrats! Keep sending your good English vibes my way so we can finally see eachother again!! I miss your crazy ass!!!

My vibes are all yours baby! You will get a ticket and i will see you the PLAYA!!! :D
It worked!!! I got a ticket and I'll finally get to party with you again! I can't beleive its been 4 years already.... I hope Steph and Kei get tickets too!!
*Sgnoflake*
Space Gnomes <;)

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:30 pm

rubymermaid wrote:One tier 3 ticket confirmed @390

Nothing seems to be out of order. Wish they had warned us on that 1.01 account checking fee. I keep my checking account as low as possible. Was counting on 409 not 410.01. Worked out okay. Had the funds.
For what it's worth, it was mentioned in this sub-forum multiple times. You will get the money back. But yeah, who wants to find out that you're getting charged overdraft fees...
The Lady with a Lamprey

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”