Official "Awarded Tickets" Thread

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
trigs

Re: Official "Awarded Tickets" Thread

Post by trigs » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:01 pm

BarShirley wrote:Praying to the Playa Gods. As 1st time Burner and planning my Playa Wedding to the wonderful man I LOVE. We will be travelling 13,238 kms from Sydney.
I'm so excited about joining the community, those who I know and those who I'm yet to meet. To give, To love, To share, To Grow.

Good Luck! I'm hoping to see you all soon. xxxx
Aww, hope you get your tickets! (Also, please say there will be lamingtons at said wedding... ;))

Jason Smith

Post by Jason Smith » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 pm

Just got my ticket! What a relief. I have been going every year since 1997 and I didn't want my consecutive year streak to end at 15 but I likely couldn't afford tickets if they were sold over face value. Good luck everyone!

cheyenne88

Post by cheyenne88 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Jason Smith wrote:Just got my ticket! What a relief. I have been going every year since 1997 and I didn't want my consecutive year streak to end at 15 but I likely couldn't afford tickets if they were sold over face value. Good luck everyone!
Enjoy!!!

secti8n

Post by secti8n » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 pm

i was awarded one tier 3 ticket on the afternoon of jan 31

euf0risk

Post by euf0risk » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:11 pm

waiting waiting waiting. feeling nervous now.

Bexx
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp _____ (cock and balls)

Post by Bexx » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:18 pm

I'm having a major sad right now.. Because I think my Husand may have deliberately sabotaged our tix. In that I gave him the $$$$ for the CC 2 weeks ago.. And he just now tells me he "just sent the money in" when he knew that it had Ben used for the tix.
fuckshit-tit-balls-goddamn motherfucker../Little Miss Swears A Lot!

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:22 pm

Sugahoneyicetea wrote:anyone know what time tomorrow the drawings will stop? i mean so i can finally go to sleep .
No one knows yet. My recommendation? SLEEP. :) The longer you sleep, the more (unconscious, untortured) hours there are in which something might happen for you . . . and the less likely you are to meltdown in public if your satisfaction is postponed.
Bexx wrote:I'm having a major sad right now.. Because I think my Husand may have deliberately sabotaged our tix. In that I gave him the $$$$ for the CC 2 weeks ago.. And he just now tells me he "just sent the money in" when he knew that it had Ben used for the tix.
Holy crap, Bexx. :shock: I barely dare ask.

Btw . . . I haven't forgotten that I owe you swag.

Sugahoneyicetea

Post by Sugahoneyicetea » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:23 pm

Savannah wrote:
Sugahoneyicetea wrote:anyone know what time tomorrow the drawings will stop? i mean so i can finally go to sleep .
No one knows yet. My recommendation? SLEEP. :) The longer you sleep, the more (unconscious, untortured) hours there are in which something might happen for you . . . and the less likely you are to meltdown in public if your satisfaction is postponed.

haha hell yeah savannah ill take your advice.

Galaxo Magic

Post by Galaxo Magic » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:24 pm

The northern half of Camp Upsie Dasium has scored their 4 tix at $320. Waiting for the southern section to score............
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:24 pm

Sugahoneyicetea wrote:
Savannah wrote:

haha hell yeah savannah ill take your advice.

Sleep well!

BarShirley

Post by BarShirley » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:26 pm

trigs wrote:
BarShirley wrote:Praying to the Playa Gods. As 1st time Burner and planning my Playa Wedding to the wonderful man I LOVE. We will be travelling 13,238 kms from Sydney.
I'm so excited about joining the community, those who I know and those who I'm yet to meet. To give, To love, To share, To Grow.

Aww, hope you get your tickets! (Also, please say there will be lamingtons at said wedding... ;))

Hahahaha YES :) a massive batch will be made. Keep an eye our for our Flag.
Wedding on the 31st Aug somewhere out among the playa dust.
To Give, To Love, To Share, To Grow.

Misti
Burning Since: 2008

Post by Misti » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:33 pm

Mosquitopilate wrote:It is hard to not be upset of waiting/planning/preparing for one of the last places on earth that has a collection of people who are 100% true to themselves and others (Humans) the way we all should be everywhere....but it is not. But in this special place to the humans that have not left this website all day & night we are just ready to join the ones that have got a gift from lady luck.....luck so that what it all comes down to huh? Not being human after all, well that is just how it is going to be. I will be here all night to see who gets picked and yes let lady luck take you for that ride that dusty ride into what I hope is the future way of thought
I really liked this post and was going to call it a night at that, decided to refresh the email one last time to delete the eplaya reply notices and there is an email from burningman tickets :shock: I had to read it 3 times before it sunk in that we get to go home again.

We got our tickets 2 @ $240

I hope everyone hitting refresh here gets their ticket home too.

Tazz
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Tazz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:35 pm

Playa weddings are wonderful. Have been to a few. In 2010, the happy couple came by my camp bar pulling a long train of tin cans (hanging off their pants!).

Had to google lamingtons. Yum.

tattoogoddess
Burning Since: 2012

Post by tattoogoddess » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:38 pm

BarShirley wrote:
trigs wrote:

Hahahaha YES :) a massive batch will be made. Keep an eye our for our Flag.
If you would like your hair or makeup done for your wedding and I make it to the playa I would love to do it for you! ( I do this for a living)
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus

keithsuperk

Post by keithsuperk » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:43 pm

Still no confirmation email or full charge on my card, just the authorization... *sigh*

Big congrats to everyone who got their confirmation already, though :P

Litup
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Litup » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:44 pm

tattoogoddess wrote:If you would like your hair or makeup done for your wedding and I make it to the playa I would love to do it for you! ( I do this for a living)
I looked at your website! I must find you and have you turn me into a sugar skull beauty queen!

Sham

Post by Sham » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:47 pm

Tattogodess, that is a very nice offer for you to do that for a blushing bride.
For those of who who really need to lay your tired heads down for the night so you will be all refreshed for another day tomorrow, here is a lullaby to help put you down.
[youtube][/youtube]

Dropman

Post by Dropman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:48 pm

Asked for 1, got 1 :D
I'm coming home, Playa!
Good luck my dear friends.
Be bold enough to let your thoughts take wing ... )'(

ChallyHo2452

Post by ChallyHo2452 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:49 pm

I am so uncomfortable with all this waiting...... Fingers crossed. *think happy thoughts :mrgreen:
Congrats everyone else who has gotten their tickets

Ishfish

Post by Ishfish » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:51 pm

So sometimes I take naps, and then those naps screw my sleep schedule up.
Today I took a nap.
So far tonight I couldn't sleep.

I decided to mess around on the internet for a few minutes to maybe quiet my brain down.
Checked my email.

To my surprise and amazement, I have been awarded 2 tickets at the 240 tier price.
Me and my best friend? We're going HOME.

CornMan

Post by CornMan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:52 pm

Still nothing. I wonder how long into the night they'll continue to make orders.
The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever

drutter

Post by drutter » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:52 pm

keithsuperk wrote:Still no confirmation email or full charge on my card, just the authorization... *sigh*
They don't touch your credit card unless you won the lottery, so as everybody said above already, congrats. Quit your sighing, it makes those of us who haven't got anything at all feel kinda sad. :? heh

Good luck to those of us still hoping. I think most of us will be getting the "don't worry, we're confident that everybody who wants to go, will be able to" email fairly soon. Apparently there are going to be tens of thousands of us.
Heavy on preparations, light on expectations.

BarShirley

Post by BarShirley » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:54 pm

tattoogoddess » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:38 pm

BarShirley wrote:
trigs wrote:
BarShirley wrote:
Praying to the Playa Gods. As 1st time Burner and planning my Playa Wedding to the wonderful man I LOVE. We will be travelling 13,238 kms from Sydney.

Aww, hope you get your tickets! (Also, please say there will be lamingtons at said wedding... )

Hahahaha YES a massive batch will be made. Keep an eye our for our Flag.

If you would like your hair or makeup done for your wedding and I make it to the playa I would love to do it for you! ( I do this for a living)

You are so kind :) Sounds amazing! I'm hoping we find each other once we are "Home" xxx
To Give, To Love, To Share, To Grow.

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 pm

keithsuperk wrote:Still no confirmation email or full charge on my card, just the authorization... *sigh*

Big congrats to everyone who got their confirmation already, though :P
Call your credit card company and make sure they didn't fraud flag the transaction. In the presale, someone posted about that happening. Total suck on the credit card issuer. :shock:
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

avalon25

Post by avalon25 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 am

Got no mail for the moment here, in France… Desesperately waiting for it, asking myself what i will do for my holidays if I'm not in this year… march will be very late for me to set up my travel (6000 miles as the crow flies…), or find an alternate solution cause it's gonna be much expensive at this date to book something else in Europe… This lottery is really getting on my nerves, I'm not sure to play this game next year if we still have to !

I'm so happy for u all as you get tix, my last year first burn was close to a revelation, of the "inner me" that i think i forgot before BM, and it's cool to know you're going to live it in this so particular time and place of our world.

Shevarash

Post by Shevarash » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:10 am

Desperately holding on to the last pieces of hope here...but the foundations start cracking down.
*think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, go to your zooooone* :shock:
Well meant congrats to those having their piece of gold already!

MOH

Post by MOH » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:18 am

Stub hub has plenty of tickets already starting at a mere $640!!!

New Skool

Post by New Skool » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 am

MOH wrote:Stub hub has plenty of tickets already starting at a mere $640!!!
-_- thanks alot scalpers..

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 am

Yep, scalpers and resellers have been posting listings for tickets they don't physically have for weeks. Please don't feed the bears! Even if you're not awarded tix, there are other options between now and June to get a ticket at face value (STEP which will start on 22 Feb, and the secondary sale which starts on 28 March).

kittyrodriguez
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: BRC-ESD Fire Camp Station 3

Post by kittyrodriguez » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:22 am

Well, I've lurking in this forum all day, enjoying all your shenanigans. I didn't really think I'd have anything to post, but...

One ticket for me, at $240! Woohoo!

That was the only tier I could afford at this time, and I didn't think I had much of a chance. So, I am very excited and thankful. I hope everyone else eventually gets their tickets as well. :D

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”