Low Income Ticket Program

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Kmaykekoa

Re: Low Income Ticket Program

Post by Kmaykekoa » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Has anyone received an answer to their low income application yet?!

Patiently waiting.....

The Hustler
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by The Hustler » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:07 pm

I thought it was just some glitch. I'm still waiting for mine, the 24 hour time came and went twice. I emailed them via the link on the page, but nothing back yet.
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.

Jiā yóu!

MyPlayaUserName
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Ass Stamp Camp

Post by MyPlayaUserName » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:51 pm

I am really hoping for the best. After I submitted my low income app, I was concerned because I started to second-guess myself. I wrote my application from the heart, and after I suddenly thought "oh I should have played the injured card more, or...", stupid stuff like that. I'm not great at playing the world's smallest violin for myself.

I am, of course, anxious to find out the results. It's such an odd pre-Burn this year, so many uncertainties. I cant imagine how many art projects won't get constructed due to not being able to plan accordingly.

solemnraven

Post by solemnraven » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Unless the links I clicked were broken, you can no longer apply for the L.I.T.P.
which is a shame because I was going to put my information in today.

Oh well, another avenue will present itself to me.
"Are you Squidding Kidding me?" -SG

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:56 pm

solemnraven wrote:Unless the links I clicked were broken, you can no longer apply for the L.I.T.P.
which is a shame because I was going to put my information in today.
It was originally going to be open until May 1st (I believe), but it looks like overwhelming demand made them close it to further applications early. From the ticket FAQ:
The Low Income Ticket Program opened to receive applications February 29, 2012 at 12 noon (PST). We have reached the capacity of the number of applications we can review and consider and have closed the application.
For those waiting, they also say:
We are still reviewing the applications we have received.
Good luck to everyone who applied!
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

The Hustler
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by The Hustler » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:17 pm

I did get a reply asking to clarify my email address, but then nothing.

I imagine it's safe to assume I'm not getting a low income ticket then. Awesome. I'm glad they posted that clearly on their website ... oh wait ...
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.

Jiā yóu!

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Super Evil Brian wrote:I did get a reply asking to clarify my email address, but then nothing.

I imagine it's safe to assume I'm not getting a low income ticket then. Awesome. I'm glad they posted that clearly on their website ... oh wait ...
If you received an email you might be alright. I would email a follow up (replying again to the email they sent you).
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

KrisMuffin

Post by KrisMuffin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:18 am

Any idea what that maximum number might be? Thank goodness I applied on day one! It would be nice to know my chances for peace of mind I guess. This wait is killing me. There's no way more than 8,000 people applied, right? 50/50 shot?
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - W. Wonka

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:19 am

Maximum number? Of tickets awarded? 3000 have been allocated.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

KrisMuffin

Post by KrisMuffin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:24 am

No, maximum number of applications they will review. Im not sure why I thought 4000 tickets. Wishful thinkIng i guess. I can't imagine how they will read 3000 applications, so the max can't be much more than 7,000 or 8,000. I know this is all speculative, but...

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Burning Man has already reached the maximum number of applications that they can review and consider, the application process is now closed. Applicants should hopefully start to hear back on their applications within the next week or so. Good luck to those who've applied.

hotmess
Camp Name: Kamp Krusty

Post by hotmess » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks Trilo. I assumed emails would be going out shortly. But getting a confirmation from you is re-assuring. Crossing my fingers the BMORG found my boyfriends application to be genuine and honest. If he is awarded a ticket the burn will be brighter then ever.

Sheyanah

Post by Sheyanah » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:49 pm

VERY anxious to receive an email this week sometime... I want to move forward with plans! Good luck to all who put in for low income & I hope to see you all in the dust soon!! <3
"I gotta go google some goggles."

veleda

Post by veleda » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Just got my low income ticket confirmation...they are going out!!!
Luv n' Rocket;
Veleda
Sacred Spaces Village

KrisMuffin

Post by KrisMuffin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Just got mine too! So excited and so happy the wait is over!!? I can plan for real now!!!! Congrats and see you in the dust!

hotmess
Camp Name: Kamp Krusty

Post by hotmess » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Boyfriend was just awarded a low income ticket. OH, happy day!!!! What a relief!! We are officially BOTH going!!!

Sheyanah

Post by Sheyanah » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Sweetness!!!! I received my notification at 8:13 pm. I am SO relieved! However, my fiance still has yet to receive his... I can't go without him, it's our honeymoon destination afterall... I did put my app in first, so hopefully he'll be getting his notification soon... fingers crossed. So happy to hear of others getting their tickets too! I WILL see you all in the dust!!! Burn on my friends! <3

Kmaykekoa

Post by Kmaykekoa » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Sheyanah wrote:Sweetness!!!! I received my notification at 8:13 pm. I am SO relieved! However, my fiance still has yet to receive his... I can't go without him, it's our honeymoon destination afterall... I did put my app in first, so hopefully he'll be getting his notification soon... fingers crossed. So happy to hear of others getting their tickets too! I WILL see you all in the dust!!! Burn on my friends! <3

When did u apply? Did it take the full 42 days to hear back?
Thank you! Blessings!!

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 2018

Post by junglesmacks » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:59 pm

It's looking like all the notifications have gone out now at this point though...?
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

Sheyanah

Post by Sheyanah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Kmaykekoa wrote:
Sheyanah wrote:Sweetness!!!! I received my notification at 8:13 pm. I am SO relieved! However, my fiance still has yet to receive his... I can't go without him, it's our honeymoon destination afterall... I did put my app in first, so hopefully he'll be getting his notification soon... fingers crossed. So happy to hear of others getting their tickets too! I WILL see you all in the dust!!! Burn on my friends! <3

When did u apply? Did it take the full 42 days to hear back?
Thank you! Blessings!!

I applied the 1st day the que opened, so did my fiance. So far BMORG has stated that "We hope to begin getting notifications out to the first wave of folks by Friday, April 13." So... I don't think that all of the low income tickets have been awarded as of yet, just that they are finished with receiving additional applications. Keep your hopes up, hope to see you all in August!! <3

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:12 pm

I got my LIT last Thursday, but I did not find it untill today, Doh! I use different e-mails, so ..., recheck all of your e-mail ISP accounts... :oops:
Image current moon
" Build your wall. we got tunnels. " - George Lopez

inthecolumbiagorge

Post by inthecolumbiagorge » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:44 am

2 of our camp members were awarded low income tickets and they are absolutely ecstatic and so are we that they will be with us on the playa!

incubus_pantomime
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Lamplighters (thanks, guys and gals!)

Post by incubus_pantomime » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:19 pm

I haven't had a chance to write on here because I've been off at Coachella weekend 1 in Indio, CA, but...

I got my low income ticket!!!

Be prepared to many hugs, volunteer effort, playa de-MOOPing, and love coming from me! Now to wait and see if my brother got one. We're going to cross our fingers and know that what will be, will be. :D

GOOD LUCK, FELLOW LIT APPLICANTS! I HOPE EVERYONE GETS THEIR GOLDEN TICKET TO THE PLAYA!
"I think perhaps love thrives on unlikely circumstance and chance : life thrives on these principles, and is life not love? And love not life?"

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Congratulations to OldGuy, incubus_pantomime, and [the campmates of] inthecolumbiagorge! :)

Sheyanah

Post by Sheyanah » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Congrats to everybody who has gotten their tickets! Still waiting to find out if Chris got his, but we're hopeful. Can't wait to see you all out on the Playa! Much Love, Sheyanah

Stephendragonfly
Location: A planet that is three quarters covered with water, but we call it Earth.

Post by Stephendragonfly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 pm

I applied on Feb 29th and waited the 42 days...Nothing. No email.
Neither acceptance nor rejection.
Checked through all my spam, deletes, other email accounts..still nothing.
Well, I figured, I'll wait a few more days since they are swamped at the Bmorg and I am busy this week anyway.
Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zilch, Zero.
I got fed up and wrote the Bmorg late last night asking what happened.
First, I got an email saying they got my message just after I sent it.
Okay.
Then I waited.
Seconds dripped like wax slowly sliding down a candle in a light breeze.
I must have been checking my email every three minutes until noon, when I got busy with other things.
I even took my computer with me when I took my nephew to his Kung Fu class (since they have wi fi there).
That's when I saw the message.
I'll see all of you in the dust this year.
Finally.

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 pm

I almost perished from the suspense of reading your post, so I can only imagine how you felt.

Well . . . last year I had a scary ticket issue, but it got resolved.

Congratulations, Stephendragonfly! :D

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 pm

how do you afford a week at Coa*%*$ and still qualify, and get, a LI ticket?

I'm seeing more and more, folks getting them, that seem well able to "go regular"........but just don't want to.......or use it as a "back up plan".........at the expense of truly deserving.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

trilobyte
Site Admin
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:02 am

I feel the same way, ygmir… unbelievable.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:51 am

We shouldn't be that upset. We should have all saw it coming (well except the naive people) that the LIP would be abused as a second-chance means to obtain a ticket; BMOrg practically encouraged it by running it after the main lottery. Still, even if the LIP took place during the lottery, people would have applied to both anyway with all the gaming that took place this year. I certainly could have--on paper that is--with the "income" metric.

To that end, how many of us really believe in the fabled "low-income applicant" that does not have any means beyond the LIP to attend? Not me, or not of the typical applicant. I'm sure they exist, but their numbers are probably down there with the folk who actually opted for a higher price ticket when offered a lower-priced one--countable on one hand. After all, anyone who can supply the other means to attend BM, or TuPachella--or both--really isn't on such hard times. Maybe "first-world hard times."

In the end though, I'm still not upset because I didn't harbor any illusions about the LIP. It's a using a flimsy income metric to qualify applicants. All that verbage about it being exclusively for people who cannot afford to attend any other way has the value of words, not actions. Anyway, this year the precious commodity is the ticket itself--and the probability of getting one at all--not the amount you spend. People will use every chance they can get, especially when many feel they were gamed out of a ticket by "the system."
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”