Official "Not Awarded Tix" Thread

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
forty_eight
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Official "Not Awarded Tix" Thread

Post by forty_eight » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:53 pm

I got two sorry emails (for one registration) ... I could forward it. PM me if interested.

Mosquitopilate
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Mosquitopilate » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:56 pm

Listen, all you people that are not going...I am for sure and if there is going to be a shortage of burningman vets, Well that means the theme camps will need a ton of help and I will help as many people I can no doubt
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(

Finxiekins

Post by Finxiekins » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Nipple wrote: Q: What's under Simon's kilt?

A: Finxie's husband's lipstick.
AWWW. It's a beautiful red color!

JIHADJIM

John Law is laughing his mother fucking ass off right now.

Post by JIHADJIM » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:15 pm

It took a little longer than he said it would, but it has happened. Good luck to all who go this year. I'm sure you will meet some really cool people in Center Camp this year. I guess the Playa needs an enema. This will be the year. I have been going since 96 (I missed 2003;2010). It has changed alot, but never thought it would come to this. Most of you have no fucking clue who John Law is, but look him up. He was dead on.

playa hanjin

Re: John Law is laughing his mother fucking ass off right no

Post by playa hanjin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:25 pm

JIHADJIM wrote:It took a little longer than he said it would, but it has happened. Good luck to all who go this year. I'm sure you will meet some really cool people in Center Camp this year. I guess the Playa needs an enema. This will be the year. I have been going since 96 (I missed 2003;2010). It has changed alot, but never thought it would come to this. Most of you have no fucking clue who John Law is, but look him up. He was dead on.
I know who he is / was. What prediction did he make?

forty_eight
Burning Since: 2013

Post by forty_eight » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm still looking at helping my regional get their shit together for the CORE Burn, etc. It seems almost disingenuous to balk at our commitment to the event because of a single circumstance. It's like 'Participation' is a box to check so you can go party. How about keeping it real?

But, I'm a ticketless wannabe burner ... so, what do I know?

CapnJoe

Post by CapnJoe » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:49 pm

RESALE TICKETS AVAILABE NOW!!!!
Tickets Now 26
Vivid Seats 41
Stub Hub 39
Ticket Liquidators 35
Preferred Seating 26
Go Tickets 26
TicketsMore 39
First base 39
And on and on!
:evil:

Laughing Forest

Post by Laughing Forest » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Pray like I did for your ticket to manifest itself and it will.

Om Shanti

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi there my darlings.

I'm taking orders for my new patch.

Anyone interested?

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:51 pm

CapnJoe wrote:RESALE TICKETS AVAILABE NOW!!!!
The Org made millions of dollars on the ticket sale. I wonder if it would be possible for them to just buy up all of the scalped "tickets," identify the sellers, nullify the tickets and the original order, and then dispute the charge with their credit card company because the selling party does not and will not ever hold the actual ticket they're attempting to sell.

If scalping is not allowed, then the seller--who doesn't physically hold a ticket--violated the terms of the sale, and so the sale is null and void.

Indeed, it would cost the ORG quite a bit of money, but, it would donkey-punch a bunch of unscrupulous ticket resellers.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

Roberto Dobbisano

Post by Roberto Dobbisano » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:58 pm

some people need to take off their angry pants...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Ooops! Our first community tragedy.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:31 pm

CapnJoe wrote:RESALE TICKETS AVAILABE NOW!!!!
Tickets Now 26
Vivid Seats 41
Stub Hub 39
Ticket Liquidators 35
Preferred Seating 26
Go Tickets 26
TicketsMore 39
First base 39
And on and on!
:evil:
Out of 43,000 tickets that have been sold, the number above is less than 1%. ONE PERCENT. Also, many of the scalpers on those sites sell "on spec"- they don't buy the ticket until they sell it, they cancel the sale if they can't get one cheap enough to make a profit (they don't say this, of course). You can bet a chunk of the ones for sale don't exist (even as confirmation numbers) except in the head of the scalper.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

bigdane
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro

Post by bigdane » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:56 pm

FACE VALUE OR FUCK OFF!
Don't support scalpers!

Eric I love this and stole it for my signature line...BRILLIANT....I think you have started a movement!!
don't play with matches unless you intend to burn

trinity
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Guerrilla Cheese Camp

Post by trinity » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 pm

lucky420 wrote:have you checked your bank statement or cc charges. If not charged you probably didn't get a ticket :( but then again I would hold out hope that my ticket was stuck somewhere in cyper space. I didn't get a ticket YET either but I did get the dreaded email...
Huh, why didn't I think of that? :o)

Bexx
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp _____ (cock and balls)

Post by Bexx » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Yup.. No tix for me. I need two.. But as a whole.. My camp needs 6. So here is hoping that STEP works for me!
fuckshit-tit-balls-goddamn motherfucker../Little Miss Swears A Lot!

315and EGO
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Misfit Island

Post by 315and EGO » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Well am really dropped the ball on this one I forgot about the lottery and did not hear anything until last night. Man this seems weird. I have not had time yet to sit and contemplate what this means to humanity. I seen a post, how can I call home a place that I can't go. That statement makes this difficult to understand. The theme will fit with the crowd. The bman project has sprouted a massive amount of beings that are tired of the everyday bull shit mouse trap cancer machine they are in and want to see what all the fuss is about (or it could be just worthless scalper assholes) in the desert. At any rate does anyone know a hard number of the actual people going for tickets. Are we talking 20,000 without at this point? 10,000 more will get tickets in march. 10,000 sol. The one thing that cannot stop is creation, destruction, and everything else in between. There will be new life out of lost life and new ideas out of broken ones.

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 2018

Post by junglesmacks » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:14 pm

As of tonight, I've found my second and final ticket..and a tier 1 to boot!

That wasn't do hard, now was it? 72 hours post lottery and everything is taken care of. They're out there!! We all know enough people to make this happen. Keep the faith. Talk to everyone you know. You'll find your way home.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

BBadger

Post by BBadger » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:26 pm

junglesmacks wrote:As of tonight, I've found my second and final ticket..and a tier 1 to boot!

That wasn't do hard, now was it? 72 hours post lottery and everything is taken care of. They're out there!! We all know enough people to make this happen. Keep the faith. Talk to everyone you know. You'll find your way home.
How'd you do it junglesmacks? I bet you look like you're partying with Elmo right now.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 2018

Post by junglesmacks » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:52 pm

lol.. you know it! I found out while literally on top of Mauna Kea at the very summit watching the sunset. I was doing the OH HELL YES happy dance while freezing my ass off.

How'd I do it? Just spread the word among everyone I know. Family helps family.

See you in the dust! Work starts on the new LED light suit when I get back home next week. Going for 2500+ LEDs this time...
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

jorgebongo

Post by jorgebongo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Junglesmacks,Piehole, Roberto Dobbisano,Finxiekins,theCryptofishist,Simon,
All you guys and everyone I missed...well here we all are-I just wanted to tell ya all you crack me up. I hope I can go this year, so I can maybe meet all of ya.
The LLC acknowledged they might have screwed the pooch a and well it's going to be a little complicated to get a ticket-we all knew that. I am not going to buy a ticket for more than face value, just the way it is. But if I can't make it this year 2013 will be fantastic.
Anyway there is still an art car project I'm helping with and damn good on ya junglesmacks for getting the ticket, that makes everything good and right in the world. Anyway regardless of the bullshit you guys n gals ROCK!

I got a joke for you all
well two jokes
What is yellow and red and looks great on hippies?

Fire

Why don't they have a hunting season for hippies?

Have ya ever tried to clean one of those fuckers........
eh better in person anyway have a great night.
E
I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand man.

piehole
Camp Name: MiscreAnts
Bants
Glitter Apocalypse

Post by piehole » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:02 am

junglesmacks wrote:As of tonight, I've found my second and final ticket..and a tier 1 to boot!

YES!

I'm glad that came to you with ease, junglesmacks
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

BurningTourist

Post by BurningTourist » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:12 am

I suggest: Burning Man Org open a ticket office on the playa.
In exchange for one 2012 ticket stub each attendee can buy one ticket for 2013.
This will ensure "scalpers" don't hoard tickets for 2013 and it provides BM Org with $17 million 1 year in advance.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.

piehole
Camp Name: MiscreAnts
Bants
Glitter Apocalypse

Post by piehole » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:37 am

BurningTourist wrote:I suggest: Burning Man Org open a ticket office on the playa.
This will ensure "scalpers" don't hoard tickets for 2013 and it provides BM Org with $17 million 1 year in advance.
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:43 am

BurningTourist wrote:I suggest: Burning Man Org open a ticket office on the playa.
Too sensible.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

CornMan

Post by CornMan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:48 am

zorro sings wrote:
Too sensible.
If that is the plan, we will definitely need stubhub tickets this year in order to be considered for next year. You've got to pay the devil to get into heaven.
The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever

OatmealMama
Camp Name: Camp Envy

Post by OatmealMama » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:54 am

A good way to not worry about losing in the lottery is to not enter in the first place.

Just sayin'
2010 - Virgin Burn
2011 - Camp Envy
2012 - Camp Envy
2013 - Camp Envy
2014 - Camp Envy
2015 - Camp Envy
2016 - 88NV Airport Volunteer
2017 - Camp Envy (But looking for a ticket!)

kitkatseattle

Post by kitkatseattle » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:32 am

Isotopia wrote:Hi there my darlings.

I'm taking orders for my new patch.

Anyone interested?

Yes, I need one of these!

kitkatseattle

Post by kitkatseattle » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:37 am

The problem with that is that the unfortunate people who didn't "win" the lottery, like myself, would be screwed year after year. I like all the brainstorming ideas for keeping the scalpers out in the cold though!

Colonel Kurtz

Post by Colonel Kurtz » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:40 am

Did The Borg not see this train wreck coming based on last year's sellout? Time I think to either renegotiate BLM cap on attendees or find another venue that allows for next phase of BRC growth.

Lottery a bad idea, poorly executed. Goes against sense of BM community and radical inclusion. Our military ethos is to "leave no man (or woman) behind" and we expend a helluva lot of energy and resources to make sure that happens, even decades after someone goes missing. I think The Borg needs to step up, lead by example and find the solutions that preserve BM values. I think we can all agree that a lottery system fosters a sense of exclusion and breeds a lot of negativity and distrust.

Think of the negative energy hanging over camps this year because a fellow burner and battle buddy couldn't get a ticket.

An axiom of the military planner community is that 90% of problems are self-inflicted. I have always been extremely impressed with the level of planning and execution of BM community to create the blank, nurturing, fantastic canvas that is the playa. This year's ticket lottery is the Abu Ghraib of BM. Taints the whole legitimacy of the operation. BM now has a credibility issue.

I am optimistic that the broader Burner community will prevail and find the solution to community growth to keep the dream alive.

Your man on the inside, Col Kurtz

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”