Tickets AVAILABLE

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Lord Of Ruin
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Tickets AVAILABLE

Post by Lord Of Ruin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:42 pm

randomgirl7 wrote:If you don't buy, then supply and demand forces the prices to go down.
That's fine if you buy -- but it just helps enable them.

I'd love to see these guys lose a crap load of money. I'd rather make my own local burn with that extra $600... or even donate to a project on the playa that I'll never see.

Folks, this dream of "I'd love to see the scalpers lose money" just ain't gonna happen unless the BLM allows the ORG another 10k in occupancy in the last minute. Last year after the sellout I gifted two tickets to strangers. I can tell you from that experience it's incredibly easy to make money on them. Within 15 min.of posting I had offers for >$500 EACH for the tix. I had a handful of offers for up to $800 for a single one. The money is there and it's crazy for very little effort.

LoR
The fox provides for himself, but God provides for the lion - W. Blake (attribution corrected)

socks

Post by socks » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Well with thousands of dollars spent already what choice do I have.Pay a extra 200 to 300 dollars more than face value.I want to go home. Fuck you BM.org for the extra money I have to spend to come home.But I will come home.
An unintelligible passionate yearning drove them out into the desert
T.E. Lawrence

mode-of-operation

Post by mode-of-operation » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:05 pm

I just wish some of you had a clue about scalping. This event was doomed the day it started. It's a cool event and eventually more and more people wanted to go. Eventually it max's out and you get in the boat you're in.

Scapling is here to stay and there is nothing BMORG can do to stop it. There is always a way around whatever system they try to put in place to stop it.

If people really want to go to this event they will pay whatever it cost. If someone will pay 4500.00 to go to a Super Bowl or 800.00 to a NBA Finals, people will pay the extra money to go to B-man. And yes, Burners will take tickets they bought legitimately and with the intention on going and sell them to someone else for some cold hard cash.

Money talks people and it knows nothing of morals, values or other ideals.

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 2018

Post by junglesmacks » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:31 pm

FWIW, I found my two needed tickets within 72 hours. I'm sitting here with a friend (Barbie.. who some of you know) and literally 15 mins ago she got her ticket text. They're out there. Just sit tight, let all your friends know that you're looking, keep your eyes and ears open, be proactive, and you will most likely not have a problem finding one.

This year.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

wh..sh

Post by wh..sh » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:23 pm

yayyyyy JS!!
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:27 pm

What a shock. :lol:

Congratulations, good sir!

junglesmacks

Post by junglesmacks » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:43 pm

:)

One tier 1 and one pre-sale, so I averaged $315 each one. I'll take it!!
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

danibel
Burning Since: 2009

Post by danibel » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Congrats JS. I saw a listing on CL this afternoon for a face priced ticket. $340. I already have a ticket, and I am soooo glad to see and hear of people getting the tickets they need at face!

DON'T FEED THE SCALPERS!
In dust we trust.

tinydancr

Post by tinydancr » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:02 am

If anyone knows of anyone - hunny and I need 2 tickets please!!! We would be forever grateful.
shut up and dance.

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:01 am

danibel wrote:Congrats JS. I saw a listing on CL this afternoon for a face priced ticket. $340.
Yeah, but, does anybody actually -hold- that ticket?

Suppose you buy it, from one (alleged) burner to another burner, at face value. What actually transfers hands other than money at this point?
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:10 am

Can you sign in under the other person's log in, change the password and change the mailing address?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

munkycmunkydoo

Post by munkycmunkydoo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Everyone needs to remember that NO ONE has tickets yet. Some of us won the lottery and thus are reasonably assured a ticket later, to get in, but no one has tickets. People selling on Ebay and StubHub may or may not have won the lottery for tix. Giving them money now not only fuels their interest in scalping BM next year or again this year, but if they didn't win the lottery you just paid a scalper to compete with everyone else including yourself for a ticket. Scalping is all about speculation. They buy on speculation and then at this time in the ticket cycle a lot, probably more than not, are "selling" on speculation.

A scalper lists a ticket s/he doesn't need to produce until June at earliest for a price that they are reasonably confident they can source for a lower price between now and then; it works just like any futures trade. They get this ticket by scouring the very same tickets for sale threads non scalpers look at.

Folks really need to slow down for a few weeks and let the dust settle. There is still the March sale, and the actual delivery of tickets purchased. Yes, I was lucky to get one ticket and am fully aware of the privilege inherent in my statements.

Bunns

Post by Bunns » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:53 pm

EB11 wrote:Please, DO NOT ENCOURAGE scalpers! There is a much better way to make sure you make it to Burning Man. Sign this petition to recall the lottery and sell non-transferrable tickets.

http://signon.org/sign/burning-man-lott ... by=2342080

While I do believe in non-transferable tickets what would be the purpose of recalling the lottery but to through more people in turmoil?
Tell people that if they don't plan on attending they need to sell them back to BMO who will then resell them to the next person in line. 12 dollar processing every time to discourage non serious applicants. This is essentially what they are trying with STEP but they need to put a name on a ticket to keep scalpers at bay.

While I feel that this year will be chaotic perhaps next year we will have more kinks worked out.

Steel Kitty

Post by Steel Kitty » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Actually, once I saw that MTV might actually be sending the Jersey Shore kids to Burning Man, well, I don't know if I really want a ticket. Or maybe I do, just so I can see the train wreck when a duststorm blows up on JWOWW!!

http://gawker.com/5464481/where-in-the- ... son-two-go

And wasn't there another rumor that the reason for the shortfall of tickets is that the Kardashians rented 5 RV's and encouraged their entourage and fans to buy tickets this year? MMM.. I love the rumor mill.
Life isn't about arriving at the grave well preserved, but rather, sliding in sideways yelling "Holy Shit, what a ride!"

Theres Always One

Post by Theres Always One » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Steel Kitty wrote:Actually, once I saw that MTV might actually be sending the Jersey Shore kids to Burning Man, well, I don't know if I really want a ticket. Or maybe I do, just so I can see the train wreck when a duststorm blows up on JWOWW!!

http://gawker.com/5464481/where-in-the- ... son-two-go

And wasn't there another rumor that the reason for the shortfall of tickets is that the Kardashians rented 5 RV's and encouraged their entourage and fans to buy tickets this year? MMM.. I love the rumor mill.

That isn't MTV's idea. That is GAWKER's idea. GAWKER is the worst. They were one of the firsts to pass around that "Last Burning Man Ever" from the shroom that went viral post sell out and were a major contributor in the spreading of misinformation about the lottery system before the details were announced. Time and time again the GAWKER always has some axe to grind, it seems.

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”