Why not try this?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
jcoffy

Why not try this?

Post by jcoffy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:31 am

You wanna cut out scalpers. It may not be 100% possible. But why would we not be printing names on tickets? It seems like if I want a ticket for me and my mom....or whoever. i know that mostly at the time of my purchase. If I want to transfer my mom's ticket I would pay a service fee to transfer it to someone else in my camp....and mom can rest easy at home. OR i would then have the option to sell my ticket back to BMORG at NO COST. So they could sell it to someone else. This would keep the scalping to a minimum and would create money (transfer fees) to pay the gate folks and create a technology for check in. Heck we could do it with bar codes instead of actual tickets!!!!! E-Tickets.

What are the problems with this idea? Come on all you armchair event organizers....let's dance.

igor47

Re: Why not try this?

Post by igor47 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:41 am

oh! i have an even better idea. lets make the tickets just like really fucking huge. i mean like you need an entire pickup truck to just carry the ticket. this isn't your mother's movie ticket, no sir, this is like fucking 600# of cardboard.

this would be great, because newbs don't have cars big enough to carry so much extra stuff. my camp rents an entire 24-foot flatbed anyway for our structural steel we bring, plus the art cars. so we'll have plenty of space for all of our tickets, and most experienced theme camps will be in the same place. so... we'd be keeping the burgins out, but we won't be SAYING we're keeping them out, cuz i mean come on they can just get a ticket like everyone else, right? BUT THEY CAN'T!

then on burn night we can all throw our tickets on the man pyre and melt the playa.

this will also keep the scalpers away, because they won't have room to store their thousands of really massive scalped tickets.

jcoffy

Post by jcoffy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 am

Wow thanks for your snarky un-constructive bullplop. Not a valid point in the whole post.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:00 am

Igor, Love it!! How about making them out of some medium that's hard to scalp. Like Ice Cream.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Ratty
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:02 am

Jcoffy, I'm sorry but after reading 1,000 posts that say the same thing....It's just plain weird that you start another one.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

gibson_

Post by gibson_ » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:03 am

Whoa! Good idea!

gibson_

Post by gibson_ » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:04 am

I want to have your babies, igor.

jcoffy

Post by jcoffy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:22 am

HA HA HA HA...yeah I guess. I had no idea that so many other posts basically say the same thing. Sorry.
My bad.

I await my lashings!

gibson_

Post by gibson_ » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:02 am

Was this all a ploy to get free lashings?

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Ratty
How about making them out of some medium that's hard to scalp. Like Ice Cream.
A giant ice cream ticket...love it
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Dr Helix
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Post by Dr Helix » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:37 pm

jcoffy wrote:HA HA HA HA...yeah I guess. I had no idea that so many other posts basically say the same thing. Sorry.
My bad.

I await my lashings!

Hey, your heart's in the right place. People get snarky here, and yes, that subject's been bandied about ad nauseum. But keep at it. No lashings here. Good luck.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

flightless
Burning Since: 2007

Post by flightless » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Next year's tickets will be made of the actual scalps of all the people who scalped tickets this year.

jcoffy

Post by jcoffy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Lets pick 10,000 people at random....through application. Then we make them do like American Gladiators (playa style).....I.E. trash fence hurdles, climb the man, dodge art cars with no lights, escape the portas, slap-a-raver obstacle course, and lick stripper poles. The winners in each categories will then become team captains. Picking and choosing all participants. Those who didn't get to be team captains....9,988 will get to sit in judgement over the proceedings. Can you guys think of any other events to prove your worthiness?

Ice cream tickets.....mmmmm....a.aaaaaaggggggg!

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”