Craigslist Douche Bags - So it begins

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Re: Craigslist Douche Bags - So it begins

Post by ZaphodBurner » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Eric wrote:[MOD HAT OFF]

ZaphodBurners post equating the murder of millions of innocent people with a couple of scalpers selling tickets for over face value has me so unbelievably pissed
Oh, what the fuck. Really? Do you really think that's ALL what I was doing?.

"Oh- you also should learn some history:"

Who did more to preserve the principles of democracy? Gandhi, or Leonidas? Don't know what I'm talking about? Look it up, Mr. Oh You Should Learn Some History. Renting "300" to stare at gorgeous men doesn't count.

"incredibly delusional mind, "
"seriously, dude. Get professional help."
""It's taking all my mental strength not to state this like I really want to, but, basically, go stuff yourself.""

I get it. You wanted to tell me FUCK YOU but you lacked the courage, so you're questioning my intelligence and my mental health instead.

You completely misinterpreted my argument and called me a bunch of names for it.

I WAS RESPONDING THE THE GANDHI QUOTE.
I was not equating ticket problems to the holocaust. EQUATING GANDHI'S PROBLEMS TO BURNING MAN TICKETS DOESN'T SEEM TO BOTHER YOU TOO MUCH. On the e-playa, you can pretty much say anything you want as long as it's what people want you to say. Otherwise, you see just how radically-inclusive of other people's ides they really are, don't you?

Now, for levity: I'M JUST SAYIN', IF JESUS HAD MIRACLED HIMSELF AN M-60 AND MARY MAGDELENE HAD BEEN A MARINE, WE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO ENDURE TWO THOUSAND YEARS OF MIND CONTROL AND RELIGIOUS WARFARE OVER WHO WAS WHAT.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

trilobyte
Site Admin
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:23 pm

I'm not seeing the name-calling. Closest he came was in suggesting you have a delusional mind.

I had made a comment earlier about the holocaust comparison being inappropriate and insensitive, but moderated myself as I thought it was a bit redundant in the wake of the comment that followed. Whether it's nazis, India's plight, Darfur, DR Congo, or any other name-brand human rights issue, drawing comparisons to getting a ticket to Burning Man seems a bit ridiculous. Deep breaths, and remember, the bar's open. :)

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:27 pm

I will defer to Trilobyte and take deep breaths.

However- Leonidas was an tyrant- an absolute monarch, Athens only allowed the vote to propertied Athenian males, and only some of them (oh, and they liked to cast votes to banish people who pissed them off), Athens was hated by other Greek city-states because they enslaved them & treated them like dirt; and the Persian Empire was much more sophisticated than any of the Greek city-states. There's a reason the "Golden Age" of Athens was less than 200 years.

Ghandi did much more to bring Democracy to 600,000,000 people than Leonidas ever did for Greece. There's a difference between propaganda & action.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

ZaphodBurner

Post by ZaphodBurner » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:29 pm

trilobyte wrote:I'm not seeing the name-calling. Closest he came was in suggesting you have a delusional mind.

I had made a comment earlier about the holocaust comparison being inappropriate and insensitive, but moderated myself as I thought it was a bit redundant in the wake of the comment that followed. Whether it's nazis, India's plight, Darfur, DR Congo, or any other name-brand human rights issue, drawing comparisons to getting a ticket to Burning Man seems a bit ridiculous. Deep breaths, and remember, the bar's open. :)
Trilo, I don't believe discussing the Holocaust verses Gandhi's theory is comparing either to getting tickets at Burning Man. In fact, it's certainly not appropriate for this particular board discussion so I apologize for drifting off-topic.

I always though that if I'm going to have a lively, intelligent, respectful and challenging discussion about pacifism or violence, the Burning Man community would be the #1 place to expect to find it. I mean nobody disrespect and I try not to judge or condemn them for their feelings (unless they're scalpers. Fuck 'em) and I try to remember that sometimes people's thoughts don't come across the way they mean.

I would love to have this discussion with any and all of you... in the Politics and Philosophy section, where it belongs. I apologize to all who thought I was comparing my grandfather's experience in a concentration camp to buying scalped tickets, because that would be fucking ridiculous.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:34 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote:I would love to have this discussion with any and all of you... in the Politics and Philosophy section, where it belongs. I apologize to all who thought I was comparing my grandfather's experience in a concentration camp to buying scalped tickets, because that would be fucking ridiculous.
And I'll apologize for losing my calm & not PMing you for clarification first.

We all agree on the scalpers=scum thing, lets go back to that.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:49 pm

oh you rascals!!
and here, I was just thinking it was violence, intellect, and instinct at play.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

ZaphodBurner

Post by ZaphodBurner » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Eric wrote:
ZaphodBurner wrote:I would love to have this discussion with any and all of you... in the Politics and Philosophy section, where it belongs. I apologize to all who thought I was comparing my grandfather's experience in a concentration camp to buying scalped tickets, because that would be fucking ridiculous.
And I'll apologize for losing my calm & not PMing you for clarification first.

We all agree on the scalpers=scum thing, lets go back to that.
:D

I started a thread in Politics & Philosophy Open Discussion.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I could see them condoning the reporting of scalping, and offering an incentive to those who don't have a ticket would be awesome.

oh I think this would be the start of some type of witch hunt...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:01 pm

I'm shutting this thread down, and leaving it with this...

While we frown upon scalping, it is legal in the state of Nevada (whose laws govern the event). Coordinating attacks of any kind could be considered either restraint of trade or harassment, we can have none of that here. Lynch mob threads (advocating any kind of coordinated attacks or harassment of scalpers) are not allowed on ePlaya. We also do not allow the posting of links to ticket sales or auctions on 3rd party sites. Even if your intention is to express shock and outrage, we really don't want to give any of those sites any more traffic.

I'll be putting together an announcement regarding scammers and scalpers in the next couple days. Apologies for the delay, but I need to make sure we're using the right language.

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”