Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Post by Savannah » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:44 pm

ApolloPan wrote:
Savannah wrote:I'm told that Will Call will have additional staffing this year to help accommodate the increase.
Thank you! That's excellent news- random question number 2, can early arrival passes be combined with STEP will call tickets?
That should be fine. Will Call is open for days before the event officially opens. (Last year I picked up my ticket @ the Will Call office two days before the event opened, and many other people came earlier than that).
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:55 pm

What Savannah said. They haven't yet announced the box office hours for this year's event, but last year I believe the will call window was open for business beginning the Wednesday before the event.

mama g

Post by mama g » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:24 pm

here's a quote from an article i found online- (http://www.sfbg.com/pixel_vision/2012/0 ... ket-issues) -if you want to read the whole thing. this came out on april 6th. take it with a grain of salt, because i don't know when the interview for the article took place, but it appears to give away an approximate number of how many tickets have been sold through STEP so far.

"Some sources have told us that demand from the theme camps had actually been less than anticipated, but Goodell said they still need to get tickets to various performers, volunteers, and art car crews. “We have a lot of people to take care of,” she said.

She also said that she’s been pleasantly surprised by the number of tickets that are being sold through the STEP ticket resale system that the Borg hurriedly established to redistribute tickets, with more than 500 being offered so far. “It’s a trickle, but it’s not stopping,” she said."

Rocket_06
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Spirit Dream

Post by Rocket_06 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:55 pm

ApolloPan wrote:
Savannah wrote:I'm told that Will Call will have additional staffing this year to help accommodate the increase.
Thank you! That's excellent news- random question number 2, can early arrival passes be combined with STEP will call tickets?
In the past we have picked up tickets at will call when arriving early. You just have to make note of what day will call will open and make sure you arrive on or after that. I can't think of any reason why this would change (especially with all the additional will call tickets).

Rocket
Rocket
Spirit Dream
4:55 & Columbine

ApolloPan

Post by ApolloPan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:32 am

Thank you all for your helpful replies! It's been a while since I've been with a theme camp & run on Will-Call tickets; pretty sure last time was back in 2000 or '99, lol. I'm a little sorry I didn't hit up eplaya sooner- getting on here has been the up shot of this year's ticket sales for me. In related news, c'mon STEP, Papa needs a pair of tickets!

Xenagal01

Post by Xenagal01 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:26 am

Hey All!!!! I've been following this thread enjoying all the good news for lucky ticket holders! Today I get to announce that I'M A LUCKY TICKET HOLDER! I got the email today at 4:41am for $320. :D:D:D My timestamp was 12:09:??. I got my confirmation ticket immediately when I registered for STEP.

Keep up the hope STEP-Siblings and I'll see you on the playa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minxylee

Post by Minxylee » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:19 am

Congrats!!! very exciting news.

b42575p
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Red Rubber Tattoo

Post by b42575p » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:14 am

Yea! Another Winner! Congrats X!
Collectic Mechanic of all things odd, specialties of the uncertainties lost and discovered.

Rocket_06

Post by Rocket_06 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:52 am

We have four campmates that applied for Low Income tickets. Three of them just found out that they got in. WOOT!

That means that we are going to have extra tickets and will be turning them back into STEP! Not sure how many are going back yet (still waiting on one LIT application). If our peeps are starting to get LITs than others are getting notified, as well. Hopefully, that will mean even more tickets released to STEP.

Hang in there guys. Help is on the way.

Rocket
Spirit Dream
4:30 Sector
Rocket
Spirit Dream

remi

Post by remi » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Rocket_06 wrote:We have four campmates that applied for Low Income tickets. Three of them just found out that they got in. WOOT!

That means that we are going to have extra tickets and will be turning them back into STEP! Not sure how many are going back yet (still waiting on one LIT application). If our peeps are starting to get LITs than others are getting notified, as well. Hopefully, that will mean even more tickets released to STEP.

Rocket
Spirit Dream
Does that mean your campmates had tickets, but would rather apply for low income? I thought the low income tickets were for people that wouldn't be able to go to TTITD otherwise. Apart from that simple fact, Congrats on the low income tickets, and big ups for doing the right thing with the extra tickets by putting them into STEP.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

junglesmacks

Post by junglesmacks » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:54 pm

remi wrote:
Rocket_06 wrote:We have four campmates that applied for Low Income tickets. Three of them just found out that they got in. WOOT!

Rocket
Spirit Dream
Does that mean your campmates had tickets, but would rather apply for low income? I thought the low income tickets were for people that wouldn't be able to go to TTITD otherwise. Apart from that simple fact, Congrats on the low income tickets, and big ups for doing the right thing with the extra tickets by putting them into STEP.
Supposed to be, but I think we all know the answer to that question. This is precisely why all tiers including the LI program should be abolished and a flat rate for all tickets applied.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

Rocket_06

Post by Rocket_06 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:16 pm

remi wrote:

Rocket
Spirit Dream
Some of us got tickets in the main sale (about a quarter of what we needed). We got directed tickets (less than half of what we needed). At the deadline for buying directed tickets we didn't have enough for everyone, so we purchased them all. Since then two of us got tickets through STEP and just yesterday our Low Income applicants started hearing back.

Because of everything that went down this year with tickets I expect that other camps might find themselves in a similar situation. Main sale in January followed by chaos, STEP opens to main sale "losers" and most people don't get in, LIT application opens (2/29) but it will be 6 weeks until you find out if you're one of the lucky ones, if you get directed tickets the purchase deadline is 3/30, bought the directed tickets but still short, STEP tickets start trickling in (2 in our case), LITs start getting awarded (4/12), Holy Crap we're going to have extras. That was our experience.

Our people who went for LITs did not register for the main sale so all their eggs were in that basket. If they didn't get LITs then we would figure out some way for them to go (donations from us and friends most likely) but fortunately we don't have to do that and can give back any extras to the community.

Rocket
Spirit Dream
Rocket
Spirit Dream

Rocket_06

Post by Rocket_06 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:19 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
remi wrote:

Rocket
Spirit Dream
Supposed to be, but I think we all know the answer to that question. This is precisely why all tiers including the LI program should be abolished and a flat rate for all tickets applied.
I'm with you on the tier thing. I would like to see them go away in favor of a lower, single price per ticket. In the end, it's not really my decision so I will deal with whatever may come. I will support the Burn and BMorg however I can, to make this a smoother process for us all next year. It will be better. It has to...

Peace,

Rocket
Spirit Dream
Rocket
Spirit Dream

junglesmacks

Post by junglesmacks » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:18 pm

As long as we all find a way home.. that's what really matters. Le sigh.

See you in the dust!
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

EmilyD
Camp Name: Art Car Camp

Post by EmilyD » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:52 pm

b42575p wrote:Yea! Another Winner! Congrats X!
YAY! Here's hoping this picks up as we move forward.
You don't have to be skinny, naked and under 30 to be a Hottie!

Sassy Britches

Post by Sassy Britches » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Congrats to those getng STEP tickets and thanks to those putting your not-needed tickets into STEP. Our playa family is still looking for 4 tickets. 2 are in STEP, and 2 suffered from server freeze and didn't make it in. Still hoping to find 2 ticks at face value for them. Still a few months to go, and they'll all be prepared to head to BRC at last minute if need be.

Arnoldo

Post by Arnoldo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:23 am

Hello hello hello is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me...
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...

SquirrelHead
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by SquirrelHead » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:36 pm

I still have 3 in our group that are needing tickets and are in STEP with their fingers and toes crossed (Their time stamp is 12:22). I am in full planning mode now that I have my tickets but it is tough to plan some things because they still don't have tickets. I am hoping they are granted their tickets soon so they can share in my excitement and fun with all the planning.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

It's like a flamingo circle jerk up in here. - BoyScoutGirl

IcyHands

Post by IcyHands » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:46 pm

@Arnoldo
You are correct: it's been quiet...TOO quiet.

@Somebody
Please say something interesting.

VampireKitten
Camp Name: Lip Bomb

Post by VampireKitten » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:53 pm

This thread has been too quiet... which means tickets dried up again

... so something interesting: The Pokémon, Mudkip, is based on the axolotl. :D

Dactylion

Post by Dactylion » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:31 pm

The 'Unknown unknown' to remember here is that not everybody that gets a STEP ticket monitors and posts to this thread. I personally know of two step'ed tickets that were issued over the weekend to somebody who hasn't posted about it. I would even wager that the majority (maybe the vast majority) of STEP listers do not even know this thread exists!

So... Uh... Embrace the mystery!
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

\dak-ˈtil-ē-ˌän\NOUN: Of, or pertaining to the tip of the middle finger.

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:14 pm

Dactylion wrote:The 'Unknown unknown' to remember here is that not everybody that gets a STEP ticket monitors and posts to this thread. I personally know of two step'ed tickets that were issued over the weekend to somebody who hasn't posted about it. I would even wager that the majority (maybe the vast majority) of STEP listers do not even know this thread exists!

So... Uh... Embrace the mystery!
Quite true. Most of the Burners I know--prior to last year's Meet & Greet anyway--don't post on ePlaya at all.

lemur
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Post by lemur » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:28 pm

100% of the burners i know actively disdain eplaya :-(
Don't link to anything here!

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:40 pm

lemur wrote:100% of the burners i know actively disdain eplaya :-(
:lol: *sigh*

I was actually told about ePlaya by a couple of Burners on the playa in 2008. Of that group of 100, about 6-7 have posted here, only 2 with frequency. Everyone else from ePlaya I've run into, I met because they were an active fellow ePlayan--not because they were a Burner who just happened to be on ePlaya.

IcyHands

Post by IcyHands » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:55 pm

@VampireKitten

Interesting and fascinating. Not only did I learn the definition of axolotl (a Mexican amphibian that retains larval morphology throughout its life cycle) but I also realized that my iPhone has a "define" function when a word has been selected. I also had a shave ice at Aoki's on the North Shore of Oahu today but that has little to do with Pokémon and even less to do with this thread...other than illustrating that life can still be good whilst awaiting tickets. :roll:

Rocket_06

Post by Rocket_06 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Savannah wrote:
lemur wrote:100% of the burners i know actively disdain eplaya :-(
:lol: *sigh*

I was actually told about ePlaya by a couple of Burners on the playa in 2008. Of that group of 100, about 6-7 have posted here, only 2 with frequency. Everyone else from ePlaya I've run into, I met because they were an active fellow ePlayan--not because they were a Burner who just happened to be on ePlaya.
This my first year to post on ePlaya. No hate, just never seemed to get around to it. So, maybe there is a bright side to this whole ticket mess, perhaps it brought more Burners to the ePlaya. I have tickets, but I'm still sticking around to see how you guys are doing. I'm glad I finally came around and I plan on staying. :)

Rocket
Spirit Dream
Rocket
Spirit Dream

b42575p
Camp Name: Red Rubber Tattoo

Post by b42575p » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:48 pm

I've been a lurker since 08 but didn't ever post until this years ticket fiasco got me all wound up.

So congrats to the winners and good luck to the steppers...
Collectic Mechanic of all things odd, specialties of the uncertainties lost and discovered.

Sammael

Post by Sammael » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:26 am

I've been checking 2-10 times daily. Got in Que at 1215. :(

ApolloPan

Post by ApolloPan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:32 am

Actually, my first time on eplaya has been this year as well- the better to get news of tickets and find theme camps looking for an extra hand. I'm confident this first level of STEP will get tickets eventually, and having non-Burner friends over on weekends to help fashion my latest art project helps a lot with ticket anxiety stress 8)
Honestly, I had no expectations for eplaya, so this has been a fun learning experience on here- as de facto loadmaster, inventory taker, and primary artist/camp planner for my camps over the years, I had too many cats to herd to the playa to explore on here & play.

FeetOfClay
Camp Name: Anonymous Village

Post by FeetOfClay » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:53 am

I'm confident this first level of STEP will get tickets eventually
When you say "this first level", do you mean the 2,000 (ie: everyone who is in STEP que right now?
God, I really hope you are right! :D

I am a 12:16:47-er, and I just keep hoping and praying that the STEP gods will smile on me eventually...and hopefully relatively soon, so I can begin firming up travel plans (I will be travelling solo from NY).

What do you think, all:
--Will the whole current STEP que eventually get tix?
--Might the STEP que ever re-open once first level is filled?

Best of luck to all :)
What is this quintessence of dust?

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”