Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
FELIXWOLFRAM

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Post by FELIXWOLFRAM » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:07 pm

O THANK YOU!!..MOST AMAZING AND BENEVOLENT TIMESTAMP!!!...FOR YOU HAVE BESTOWED UPON ME A TICKET TO BURNINGMAN!!...YOU ARE TRUE AND ACCURATE AND I PRAISE YOU FOR REWARDING MY FAITH!!...MAY ALL WHO WAIT WITH FAITH IN YOU ASCEND TO THE PLAYA!!!!!!! 12:16:40

(This message has been brought to you by The Unified Believers in the Awesomeness of Timestamp Accuracy!)

fritz
Burning Since: 2009

Post by fritz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:12 pm

laffingblonde, I hope this helps:
Savannah wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:
Jenifersteppat wrote:OMG! Got offered tickets -freaked out with happiness - Did not open link - rushed home on lunch break, click link - says it has already been used or expired! Having melt down. Follow link it says try back in 35 minutes if get that error message! I have to go back to work. Why is this happening? Did this happen to anyone else? I just got tickets offered at 9:35 this am and my time stamp is 12:17...
The "expired" link error means that somewhere, you have multiple windows open to it. Close your entire browser and try opening back up. Did you open it on your phone or anything?

If all else fails, just email partiserv (at) burningman.com with your issue. Your name has already been selected, you're fine.

I can also almost promise you with everything that the problem is right there within your reach with the browser issue.
And let's not forget the above advice from Junglesmacks, et al, if you get a "used" or "expired" message when you try to buy. It worked for Jenifer!

fritz

Post by fritz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:13 pm

FELIXWOLFRAM wrote:O THANK YOU!!..MOST AMAZING AND BENEVOLENT TIMESTAMP!!!...FOR YOU HAVE BESTOWED UPON ME A TICKET TO BURNINGMAN!!...YOU ARE TRUE AND ACCURATE AND I PRAISE YOU FOR REWARDING MY FAITH!!...MAY ALL WHO WAIT WITH FAITH IN YOU ASCEND TO THE PLAYA!!!!!!! 12:16:40

(This message has been brought to you by The Unified Believers in the Awesomeness of Timestamp Accuracy!)
AMEN! Congrats Felix!

Rocket_06
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Spirit Dream

Post by Rocket_06 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

FELIXWOLFRAM wrote:O THANK YOU!!..MOST AMAZING AND BENEVOLENT TIMESTAMP!!!...FOR YOU HAVE BESTOWED UPON ME A TICKET TO BURNINGMAN!!...YOU ARE TRUE AND ACCURATE AND I PRAISE YOU FOR REWARDING MY FAITH!!...MAY ALL WHO WAIT WITH FAITH IN YOU ASCEND TO THE PLAYA!!!!!!! 12:16:40

Praise be to the Almighty Time Stamp who was and forever will be mighty in love and generosity. Did you hear the wind as It came down from above to grant you access to the most magical of places? All true believers, listen and you will hear the sound, the sound of joyful release. Be imprinted with the ink of life. TESTIFY!
Rocket
Spirit Dream
4:55 & Columbine

clocksnmirrors
Burning Since: 2012

Post by clocksnmirrors » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:25 pm

laffingblonde wrote:Received my STEP email today. Clicked the link and didn't have my bank card around. The window closed and now I can not get the link to work again to purchase the tickets. I just emailed support. Is there anything else i can do? After waiting this long it's a bit of a bummer. 72 hours just started ticking. Any help would be wonderful. It's been a horrible day. Thanks in a advance.
Don't lose heart! You're going to get your tickets!

Did you completely close all browser windows before you tried again?
Can you try your link on a different computer?

I'm sure someone will be able to give you better direction than this so just hang in there!!! THE PLAYA IS CALLING FOR YOU!!!!!

VultureChow
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Post by VultureChow » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:39 pm

clocksnmirrors wrote:
laffingblonde wrote:Received my STEP email today. Clicked the link and didn't have my bank card around. The window closed and now I can not get the link to work again to purchase the tickets. I just emailed support. Is there anything else i can do? After waiting this long it's a bit of a bummer. 72 hours just started ticking. Any help would be wonderful. It's been a horrible day. Thanks in a advance.
Don't lose heart! You're going to get your tickets!

Did you completely close all browser windows before you tried again?
Can you try your link on a different computer?

I'm sure someone will be able to give you better direction than this so just hang in there!!! THE PLAYA IS CALLING FOR YOU!!!!!

You can also try checking to see all browser processes have stopped. Or just reboot.
Sic Semper Spectatores

Jenifersteppat

Post by Jenifersteppat » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:10 pm

laffingblonde please update!! I went through the same type of thing sort of. I had to close everything out then go back in and it worked. Also it gave error links at the bottom of the page where you could choose your problem and gave some direction. I am positive you will get it - you have your link and 72 hours but please update!

Whoopeee for Felix!!

Eric I was excited to see your post about an eplaya meet and greet - I will be there, eplaya has been awsomeness!
No matter where you go, there you are.

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:23 pm

TESTIFY!!

Please come back laffingblonde and tell us you got a ticket!
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:39 pm

pink wrote:TESTIFY!!

Please come back laffingblonde and tell us you got a ticket!
Don't rush her! :lol: Buying a ticket is like trying to decide whether to cut the red wire or the blue wire.

Congratulations Felix, you madman! :mrgreen:
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

LegendZero

Post by LegendZero » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 pm

My camp is complete and Myself and My friends will be able to go this year, I don't have words for my emotional state but I do have something to share.

2X$390 TIMESTAMP: 12:16:44

nemonemo

Post by nemonemo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Felix believed, he held to the truth of the timestamp. There were moments of doubt... when the heretical 12:17ers momentarily broke the laws of the universe. But today, with Felix, order is again restored. I thank you and your icon for bringin' it!

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Jenifersteppat (and everyone in this thread & on ePlaya): if you haven't poked around here much outside this thread I don't want any of you to miss out on our fantastic Meet 'n Greet on Thursday eve. You can read all about it in this thread: http://brimstoneaws.burningman.com/view ... ae9e4f3ba8 (it's a long thread, you can skip towards the end if you'd like!)

Congrats to everyone getting tickets!
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Pot van Herb

Post by Pot van Herb » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:15 am

our camp just got 2 more tickets!!!!! timestamp for everybodys enjoyment 12:16:35 ..
"But I don't want to go among mad people!"
"Oh, you can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

junglesmacks

Post by junglesmacks » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:17 am

FELIXWOLFRAM wrote:(This message has been brought to you by The Unified Believers in the Awesomeness of Timestamp Accuracy!)

HOLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

westnileraven

Post by westnileraven » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:06 am

This thread is so awesome.

wandergirl
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: dust & stars

Post by wandergirl » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:50 am

hooray for everybody!!!

we just came across two more tickets. if STEP makes it to the mid 12:18s, our camp will be complete!
it's been pretty wondrous. we started out with a 25-person camp. a bunch lost interest after the lottery -- but now it looks like every single person who stuck with it & kept hoping will get to go.
*flings hope everywhere*
★ ☆ ✰ inspiration ✰ ☆ ★

junglesmacks

Post by junglesmacks » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 am

wandergirl wrote:a bunch lost interest after the lottery -- but now it looks like every single person who stuck with it & kept hoping will get to go.

Imagine that!!

Those who plan, burn. See you in the dust. :D
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

freeeeeman
Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Post by freeeeeman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:23 am

wandergirl wrote:hooray for everybody!!!
a bunch lost interest after the lottery -- but now it looks like every single person who stuck with it & kept hoping will get to go.
i sure hope you are right. i have access to tickets, but am in STEP for 4 more hoping to get some for my camp mates. unfortunately, we have almighty-infallible-super-accurate-FELIXWOLFRAM-loving-TIMESTAMP times of 12:21. given that 12:17 hasn't seemed to start and it's mid june, i'm losing optimism.

i'm just hoping that trilobyte is accurate in that the timestamp isn't accurate... except that it appears to be accurate w/in 30 seconds...

wandergirl
Camp Name: dust & stars

Post by wandergirl » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 am

junglesmacks wrote: Those who plan, burn. See you in the dust. :D
<3 <3 <3
freeeeeman wrote: i'm just hoping that trilobyte is accurate in that the timestamp isn't accurate... except that it appears to be accurate w/in 30 seconds...
here is an extra *fistbump* of hope that a chunk of those new BLM-allotted tickets will make it into STEP. it's hard for me to imagine they won't -- some, at least. but who knows. keep both eyes out for the next JRS!
★ ☆ ✰ inspiration ✰ ☆ ★

VampireKitten
Camp Name: Lip Bomb

Post by VampireKitten » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Eric wrote:
VampireKitten wrote:PS: I'm eating my words with bananas, peanut butter and toast.

And you'll be doing that in person at the ePlaya Meet 'n Greet on Thursday night, correct? Starts 6ish at Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro, usually on the 3:30 road (will be posted as soon as it placed)

Congratulations!
That is a HUGE maybe, I will only be able to attend BM from the 30th to the 3rd (it's an 11 hour drive so give or take some of that time and if my boss is nice enough to fly me from Texas to Reno lol)... I still have to go to a dumbass conference on the 28 & 29, but I will be taking a redeye back and leaving SUPER late the 29th to make it by hopefully the morning of the 30th.

At least... we sort of get to go still, sad I'm going to miss about half of it.

simoneski

Post by simoneski » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Been lurking since page 1....so happy for the lucky people who have scored tickets. We are 12:21, fingers crossed.

Grokstar
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Three Chord Camp

Post by Grokstar » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:54 pm

We're gonna make it Simoneski ! Hang in there.

Wow, 52,307 views on this thread. That's a lot of lurking. I know I have been doing my share.
Are we anxious or what?

simoneski

Post by simoneski » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Grokstar,
Obessed would be more like it!

TheObserver
Burning Since: 2017

Post by TheObserver » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:19 pm

anyone mind telling me what the timestamp is all about..............please

forty_eight
Burning Since: 2013

Post by forty_eight » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Hold on ... I think I know the thread. Oh yeah, here it is: http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... 90&t=54578

TheObserver

Post by TheObserver » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Thanks 48_love.............

Namaste

TheObserver

Post by TheObserver » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:08 pm

quote from June 15th JackRabbitSpeaks

"The BLM issued a one-year permit for Burning Man to take place on the Black Rock Desert this year (see: http://bit.ly/KCJ2Nf), and we worked with them to increase our maximum population to 60,900. As we've sold close to 58,000 tickets to date, that leaves us with a little breathing room. We're expecting some additional tickets to become available and will have more information next week. Stay tuned! "

FYI

Jenifersteppat

Post by Jenifersteppat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Just saw it! Exciting for those waiting...the Burning Man blog comments from Burners show overwhelming support for any extras to go to STEP (last time I checked)! That seemed to work when they initially said you could only by one STEP tiket even if you ordered two in the lottery. Can't hurt to make your feelings known....
No matter where you go, there you are.

chickenziggy

Post by chickenziggy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:32 pm

I've been lurking these post daily now for over three months. Congrats to all the lucky stepchildren! I'm keeping the timestamp faith. 12:17 and dont know the seconds. Hoping to see you guys in the dust.

freeeeeman
Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Post by freeeeeman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:53 pm

wandergirl wrote: here is an extra *fistbump* of hope that a chunk of those new BLM-allotted tickets will make it into STEP. it's hard for me to imagine they won't -- some, at least. but who knows. keep both eyes out for the next JRS!
thanks for the extra bump! it does appear as though BMorg is pondering what to do w/ extra tickets, so that helps a bit. sorry for being down. 12:21 just seems so far away...

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”