Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Arnoldo

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Post by Arnoldo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Sorry to say my best friend was murdered last sunday. So I had to travel to Seattle for memorial services and such. I have been keeping up with y'all. I just wan't ready to post until I got the good news. I am dedicating this burn to my brother from another mother! I am going to hang his picture at the temple. Thank you all so much for your love and support. NOW LET'S GET DUSTY TOGETHER!!!!!!!
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...

Arnoldo

Post by Arnoldo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Arnoldo wrote:Sorry to say my best friend was murdered last sunday. So I had to travel to Seattle for memorial services and such. I have been keeping up with y'all. I just wan't ready to post until I got the good news. I am dedicating this burn to my brother from another mother! I am going to hang his picture at the temple. Thank you all so much for your love and support. NOW LET'S GET DUSTY TOGETHER!!!!!!!
p.s. Started page 67 and I started page 55 wich was my best friends lucky #
Last edited by Arnoldo on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Oh shit! I'm so sorry.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

catinthefunnyhat

Post by catinthefunnyhat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:05 pm

Congrats, Arnoldo.
I'm sorry about your friend... that's super-awful. I'm happy for you that you'll be going to the burn to "send him off" so to speak.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Jesus Christ! That's crazy. I'm so sorry about your friend.

The strange thing is, people sensed something was wrong, without your sunny presence here. It's distressing that it turned out to be true.

freeeeeman
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Post by freeeeeman » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:26 pm

thoughts & good vibes sent your way, man. i'm so sorry to hear that. :(

Rocket_06
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Spirit Dream

Post by Rocket_06 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Arnoldo wrote:Sorry to say my best friend was murdered last sunday. So I had to travel to Seattle for memorial services and such. I have been keeping up with y'all. I just wan't ready to post until I got the good news. I am dedicating this burn to my brother from another mother! I am going to hang his picture at the temple. Thank you all so much for your love and support. NOW LET'S GET DUSTY TOGETHER!!!!!!!
Peace on your travels to Seattle. Glad you will be able to bring your brother home with you this year. Much love and strength to you and his family. See you in a better place on the playa...
Rocket
Spirit Dream
4:55 & Columbine

simoneski

Post by simoneski » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:32 pm

So sorry you lost your friend Arnoldo....very happy that you got your ticket.

fresh
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Post by fresh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:25 am

Happy for your joys, sad for your sorrows Arnaldo. May the memories of your friend and of your journey enlighten this burn for you....
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:48 am

so sorry for your loss...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Lollipop
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Light and Illusion

Post by Lollipop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:44 am

calirobert wrote:way to go curvyburner must be great to have your tix
Thanks. It is. And the may the mighty time stamp bless you soon!
"You ARE The Good Witch Lollipop!"

http://istoppedtryingtopleaseyou.blogspot.com

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 1986

Post by junglesmacks » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:47 am

Wow.

We knew something had to be up. I hope you read back a little and saw how much you're loved and how much we've all been pulling for you! I'm so, so, SO sorry.. I can't even imagine.

Now.. in the spirit of Arnoldo.. whom I doth thee name the Patron Saint of the 2012 STEP Queue..

Gentlemen/women.. LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMBBBBLLLEEEE!!

Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

Lollipop
Camp Name: Light and Illusion

Post by Lollipop » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:04 am

I'm so sorry Arnoldo. And glad you got you ticket.
"You ARE The Good Witch Lollipop!"

http://istoppedtryingtopleaseyou.blogspot.com

remi

Post by remi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:17 am

Wow.. my appologies for harassing you for a status update. I friend of mine was killed a couple weeks ago in a vietnamese restaraunt. He was sitting behind the 'intended target' and was shot in the neck. He was one of the nicest people in the world, and was a postal worker for 18 years. I will also be hanging a picture of him in the temple this year.

On another note, a friend of mine had 2 first tier tickets (I believe after tax and everything it came to 522 CA$) and they may be looking to sell them for face value. Too late for them to go into step, and I couldn't think of anyone more deserving then you STEP children. If this actually materializes, I'll grab them up and sell them face value to you guys.. as long as we can trust eachother to send money/tickets back and forth. I'll keep you guys posted on that subject.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

happy truk

Post by happy truk » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:38 am

[quote="Arnoldo"]Sorry to say my best friend was murdered last sunday. So I had to travel to Seattle for memorial services and such. I have been keeping up with y'all. I just wan't ready to post until I got the good news. I am dedicating this burn to my brother from another mother! I am going to hang his picture at the temple. Thank you all so much for your love and support. NOW LET'S GET DUSTY TOGETHER!!!!!!![/quote]

Arnoldo - Mixed feelings of sadness and joy for you. Wishing you the brightest Burn ever.

chica63

Post by chica63 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:07 am

Arnoldo- I'm so sorry for your loss. Love and light to you and to his family. I'm sure this year on the playa will have extra special meaning...very happy that you'll be there.
Dreamers have all the fun.

Dis)'(rack
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Blue Team Burners

Post by Dis)'(rack » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:06 am

Um, this is utterly saddening to say the very least. My most sincere condolences.

I had to let a great friend and campmate go at the Temple last year and it was a rough, rough experience...it just did not feel like it was his time.

Leave your friend some of his favorite things at the Temple to send him off.

I will personally pay some due respects at Temple sunrise (with a cold sake as is camp tradition).

Again, I am deeply sorrowful.
You pay your money...you take your chances

Krystal Clear
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Krystal Clear » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:12 am

Oh Arnoldo!

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. so sorry and i can't imagine how upset you are. In my experience, "our" Temple is the most powerful place to let it all go.

Although I don't post much, I check in WAY too often to see how my fellow STEPkids are doing- a bit addicted really. I look forward to meeting you at the M&G on thursday and hugging you silly. Group hug anybody? STEPChildren of the Playa-might we ALL wear our TimeStamp on ourselves on Thursday?

wh..sh

Post by wh..sh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:20 am

Heart breaking!
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob

SpacemanSpliff

Post by SpacemanSpliff » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:24 am

So I got a STEP ticket, but I have a question. I already had purchased a camp-allocated ticket with one of the codes given to my camp. My camp has a waiting list of people without tickets, so I'd like to take the STEP ticket and give my camp ticket back to the camp. Is Burning Man going to kick my STEP tickets out as duplicates, since my name is on all of them? Or should I just go ahead and buy them and hope for the best?
"No, dude, I'm not going to kiss the cat. You people are sick. I'm outta here."

Tanzremix

Post by Tanzremix » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:29 am

SpacemanSpliff wrote:So I got a STEP ticket, but I have a question. I already had purchased a camp-allocated ticket with one of the codes given to my camp. My camp has a waiting list of people without tickets, so I'd like to take the STEP ticket and give my camp ticket back to the camp. Is Burning Man going to kick my STEP tickets out as duplicates, since my name is on all of them? Or should I just go ahead and buy them and hope for the best?
Not sure they'd kick out your STEP as duplicates, but the ethics of trying to game the system are another matter.

vargaso
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Post by vargaso » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 am

Has this double-dipping been addressed yet? Are camp tickets not assigned to a name? I thought they were. Anyway, congrats to everyone so far, still waiting here at 12:18:31.

sergesea
Burning Since: 1998

Post by sergesea » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:11 am

Hello all. 12:25:16 long long time lurker.

Something just doesn’t add up. I find it hard to believe that 1000 extra tickets were already put into the STEP program. As other people have said on this board there is no way 500 to 1000 people were in the 17:00:00 to 18:00:00 time slot. I know that not every one who got a ticket is on ePlaya or Facebook to report it. But you would think that there would be at least a few more people saying that they got tickets on either board. The number of new ticket reports is the same as before the 1000 announcement.

Also I was under the impression that you couldn’t get a STEP ticket if you got one someplace else. There does seem to be a bit of double-dipping going on. Sad and disappointing. Congrats to all who got tickets. Good luck to those of us still waiting. Sorry for your loss Arnoldo.

Dis)'(rack
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Blue Team Burners

Post by Dis)'(rack » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:11 am

vargaso wrote: Anyway, congrats to everyone so far, still waiting here at 12:18:31.
I would start building your projects, if you haven't already...you're golden likely by the end of the week.

On another note, it pains me to not be able to purchase my STEP notification and give it you one of you folks. My only thought is that the burner that gets it likely is equally worthy. Hope one of you guys/girls are in line for the ticket.
You pay your money...you take your chances

Tragopogon

Post by Tragopogon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:13 am

My partner got 2 STEP tickets at $390 on Monday. He had a 12:18 timestamp.
We've been scrambling to find tickets for months and had a hold on two potential tickets from local burners who were thinking they might not go this year. If they actually pan out, we'll try to put the extras back into STEP (although the process for putting STEP tickets back into STEP seems complicated).

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:15 am

SpacemanSpliff wrote:So I got a STEP ticket, but I have a question. I already had purchased a camp-allocated ticket with one of the codes given to my camp. My camp has a waiting list of people without tickets, so I'd like to take the STEP ticket and give my camp ticket back to the camp. Is Burning Man going to kick my STEP tickets out as duplicates, since my name is on all of them? Or should I just go ahead and buy them and hope for the best?
If the Directed Distribution Ticket has your name on it, a subsequent STEP order may be found and removed. (The orders are being gone through manually). Rules of STEP state that you're only eligible if you have not purchased a ticket through any other means.

If you haven't bought the STEP tickets yet, email [email protected] ASAP and explain your situation, and they will advise you. I'm told the response time from Participant Services is surprisingly good right now.

If you have already purchased both kinds of tickets, one order might end up cancelled.
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

SpacemanSpliff

Post by SpacemanSpliff » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:42 am

Thanks, Savannah! I haven't already ordered my STEP tickets. I emailed them and I'll stop by the office before the end of the day today if I don't hear anything—they can't ignore you when you show up at their doorstep (gotta love being a local).

And I really don't think what I'm doing is "gaming the system." Our camp had a very complicated system to decide which of our 150~ish campers got the camp tickets, and we have a numbered waiting list of campers that didn't get tickets. If anyone from our camp gets a non-camp ticket, the camp ticket goes back to the camp pool. Our system is well-organized enough that BMORG used it as an example when other camps couldn't figure out how to divide up tickets. I'm not going to be making money off my extra tickets or giving them to my best friends—they're going to people on a waiting list, just like any STEP ticket would. It's just a different waiting list. I know of at least one person who received a low-income ticket and got to put her camp ticket back in the camp pool. I see no reason for STEP to function differently. My camp ticket was awarded to my camp—it was just my name on the credit card that bought it. Why shouldn't I be able to give it back to my camp? I totally understand why you shouldn't be able to purchase personal tickets multiple times, but I think direct-distributed camp tickets should be treated differently.

And for the record, it's BMORG's call as to what is "gaming" and what isn't, and I'm asking them before doing anything. I'll let you guys know when I find out their answer.

Morrell
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Morrell » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:48 am

Greetings fellow STEP children! Like all of you, I have been suffering the death of a thousand cuts waiting to see if I would get tickets but I am happy to announce that by the grace of the almighty time stamp this 12:17:10er is going home!!!!!!!! See you in the dust!!!!!!!

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:58 am

You sound a bit defensive, Spaceman Spiff (I didn't say you were gaming the system) . . . but you needn't be. :) You have wisely chosen to consult Participant Services, and your camp sounds like they're doing things with fairness and kindness and (apparently, hopefully) within the DD rules.

I hope it works out for you!
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

SpacemanSpliff

Post by SpacemanSpliff » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:05 pm

The defensive bit wasn't directed toward you, Savannah, apologies if it came off that way. It stemmed from this:
Also I was under the impression that you couldn’t get a STEP ticket if you got one someplace else. There does seem to be a bit of double-dipping going on. Sad and disappointing. Congrats to all who got tickets. Good luck to those of us still waiting. Sorry for your loss Arnoldo.
Not sure they'd kick out your STEP as duplicates, but the ethics of trying to game the system are another matter.
Has this double-dipping been addressed yet? Are camp tickets not assigned to a name? I thought they were. Anyway, congrats to everyone so far, still waiting here at 12:18:31.

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”