Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
goldsco

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Post by goldsco » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 am

Received an email at 12:06 tonight,(morning, whatever u want to call it) that I was given a ticket! 12:28:33... oh wait....We're sorry but the email containing this link was sent in error during routine server tests. We apologize for any inconvenience, but please note that this has not effected your position in STEP. You will be notified by email once your turn comes up in STEP.... GLAD THEY RESOLVED THE ISSUE TODAY!!! STILL SENDING BUNK EMAILS!!... WAIT WASN'T I NOTIFIED BY EMAIL THAT IT WAS MY TURN!! frustrated on a drunken saturday night!!

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 2018

Post by junglesmacks » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:07 am

SHAME ON YOU BMORG!

Next thing you know they'll be stapling tickets, too.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

slapntickle
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: yes

Post by slapntickle » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:00 am

goldsco wrote:Received an email at 12:06 tonight,(morning, whatever u want to call it) that I was given a ticket! 12:28:33... oh wait....We're sorry but the email containing this link was sent in error during routine server tests. We apologize for any inconvenience, but please note that this has not effected your position in STEP. You will be notified by email once your turn comes up in STEP.... GLAD THEY RESOLVED THE ISSUE TODAY!!! STILL SENDING BUNK EMAILS!!... WAIT WASN'T I NOTIFIED BY EMAIL THAT IT WAS MY TURN!! frustrated on a drunken saturday night!!
I have been lurking on this board for months... I have waited patiently in the STEP queue.. I have been of the mindset if i happen to get a ticket thru proper channels (not scalping) then I will be at burning man again. AND IF NOT I want to a virgin to experience the epic life changing dusty awesomeness . I have been checking my email several times each day. What do i recieve today?

Subject: Burning Man STEP: ticket(s) available
7:08 am (ET)

"We're happy to tell you that tickets have been resold into the Secure
Ticket Exchange Program and are now available for you to buy.

You are being offered tickets at whichever face value is available, plus
applicable delivery and service fees. You will have 72 hours to buy tickets
using your unique link - nobody else can use it and it cannot be shared.
After 72 hours the purchase link will expire and the tickets will be
released to the next person on the list.

Click this link to buy your ticket(s) within 72 hours: etc. etc

Sincerely,

Burning Man Tickets
http://tickets.burningman.com"

THEN I CLICKED ON IT-
"We're sorry but the email containing this link was sent in error during routine server tests. We apologize for any inconvenience, but please note that this has not effected your position in STEP. You will be notified by email once your turn comes up in STEP."

I dont want to give up hope... But this was a very significant letdown.. I dont know what else to do.... I am good at staying positive but I think I just got kicked in the stomach by bmorg...

BTW timestamp was in the 12:28 range so I kinda expected I wasnt getting a ticket until they sent the email about 1000 released tickets. This week I have been hopeful and a little too excited I guess...

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:34 am

My daughter has been waiting on a ticket for my daughter through STEP. Her origingal time stamp is 12:18;53. So I've been watching these reports of false hope STEP notices thinking wtf. Get the STEP email at 5:03 this morning stating that it's her turn and a ticket is waiting for her to buy it.

So I nervously click the link and...BAM! "Sorry this is a test, blah blah blah" FFFFFFFFUUUUUUCCKKK!

There is the assurance from BMORG that she is still in line and this hasn't effected her place in line. Hopefully this will be resolved shortly since she is a 12:18er (I know trilo, timestamps are not an indicator but it's all I've got to go on).
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Arnoldo

Post by Arnoldo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:50 am

trilobyte wrote:Will call opens for round-the-clock service beginning the Wednesday before the gates open.
Sweet! Thanks for the info!
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...

aresvalles
Burning Since: 2011

Post by aresvalles » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:35 am

Another email lie. I checked my email in bed 1st thing this morning and then was up and awake because of the news and coffee, but alas, nothing now but Sunday morning quiet house here, wife and baby sleeping and tiny bit of disappointment mixed with caffeine high. I still have hope. I'm heading up to Reno to help Burn Wall Street tomorrow, so my burn is gonna start early, ticket or no ticket. (12:18:55, which I will probably wear as a badge of honor)

catsland

Post by catsland » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:17 am

12:18:46 checking in. Got the email and No Go!!!! Email sent in error. This really sucks! I am so disappointed.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:28 am

WTF? I mean, they could have done it a few times and whatever, softwear. But the number of people who've reported this has got to represent dozens to hundreds of people getting those emails. Can't they make it stop? Can't they test the server in some way that doesn't fuck with people's heads?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

wandergirl
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: dust & stars

Post by wandergirl » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:43 am

my friend at 12:18:32 got the email after midnight last night. clicked this morning -- same error message. WOW, that is seriously messed up. especially considering 12:18:32 really should have been next in line.
★ ☆ ✰ inspiration ✰ ☆ ★

Tanzremix

Post by Tanzremix » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:58 am

The org seriously needs professional help. First the 1000 tickets that may or may not have gone out, now this? WTF people?

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:58 am

Revenge of the scalperbots maybe? :?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

happy truk

Post by happy truk » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:01 am

I too received the “Ticket Tease” email this morning (12:07).

Hang in there fellow STEP children. Luckily tomorrow is Monday and hopefully we will get some answers as to what is going on. By the way, how is everyone going about reporting this?

lemur
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Post by lemur » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:28 am

Tanzremix wrote:The org seriously needs professional help. First the 1000 tickets that may or may not have gone out, now this? WTF people?
i havnt seen any reason to believe the tickets didnt go out.... they never said what they were doing would clear out all of the people in STEP...
Don't link to anything here!

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:39 am

happy truk
By the way, how is everyone going about reporting this?
I haven't reported it yet. I am waiting for a couple of days into the work week to see if BM address this or if STEP tix really start to flow again.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

moonwatcher
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: The Dusty Beavers

Post by moonwatcher » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:06 am

Tanzremix wrote:The org seriously needs professional help. First the 1000 tickets that may or may not have gone out, now this? WTF people?
Given that this org puts together one of the most awesome event on earth, in itself is a monumental achievement, I hate to agree with you...but I do.
The entire ticketing experience has an amateurish feel to it. The org does not seem to have a real handle over their systems (hardware + software) and they seem unable to even predict how it will function. They seem to be trying to fix it on the fly - obviously necessary, since the initial design was faulty and/or inadequate.
The org's silence on how things are actually going probably reflects embarrassment more than anything else.

Unfortunately, this is having real impact on real people...
Buy the ticket, take the ride!

moonwatcher

Post by moonwatcher » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:14 am

lemur wrote:
i havnt seen any reason to believe the tickets didnt go out.... they never said what they were doing would clear out all of the people in STEP...
True. But before the 1000 tickets announcement, we were in the late 12:17s/early 12:18s timestamps and, today, we are apparently still in the 12:18s. One would think that 1000 tickets would have moved us further...no?
Assuming that most people requested 2 tickets, that translates into about 500 people waiting in that one-minute span of timestamp. A full quarter of the entire STEP queue...
Maybe my assumptions are wrong.

Sayer

Post by Sayer » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:33 am

I agree with your math, Moonwatcher. It doesn't make sense that 1/4 the tix, maximum, would fall in a one minute period. The question of when the 1000 were released has been asked on the BMorg official site, but with no response. A simple answer of whether or not they all went out last Sunday would be so nice, if just to alleviate some of the waiting stress for those of us still planning to go, while still hoping for tickets...

Waiting at 12:20:14

lemur

Post by lemur » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:38 am

timestamps are bullshit

Sayer

Post by Sayer » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:39 am

and yet the relative consecutive-ness of them is undeniable

lemur

Post by lemur » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:52 am

and the bullshit nature of timestamps causes people to think that tickets actually didnt get released when all signs show they were in fact released.

moonwatcher

Post by moonwatcher » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:00 pm

lemur wrote:and the bullshit nature of timestamps causes people to think that tickets actually didnt get released when all signs show they were in fact released.
and yet I would think that a full 1000 tickets dropping on STEP would have made a lot more fireworks on this thread...even considering that not all STEPPERS are on eplaya...

Tanzremix

Post by Tanzremix » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:11 pm

moonwatcher wrote:
lemur wrote:and the bullshit nature of timestamps causes people to think that tickets actually didnt get released when all signs show they were in fact released.
and yet I would think that a full 1000 tickets dropping on STEP would have made a lot more fireworks on this thread...even considering that not all STEPPERS are on eplaya...
This thread is really long and full of people who've gotten tickets over an extended period of time. Then supposedly 1000 tickets, enough to clear a full quarter of STEP in a worst case scenario, are supposedly helicopter dropped in, and yet there hasn't been anything resembling a large influx of STEP reports at all. Barely a whimper if anything.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Most Burners don't read eplaya.

Maybe 1%.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

aresvalles
Burning Since: 2011

Post by aresvalles » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:32 pm

I'd say the percentage of STEP children would be higher than 1%, cause we're all nervous and need info.

Grokstar
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Three Chord Camp

Post by Grokstar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:22 pm

Please whomever is in charge of the STEP program. Your remaining step children are in need.

Who would it hurt to let us know how many of us are still in line? It can't be hard information to come up with. Really.

I think I need someone to show me how to create a macro to access this page.......I feel compelled to check it every time I walk
past my computer. Its summer outside....I should be there. I have no willpower to keep me away from this thread.

Playaliciously,
Grokstar

wh..sh

Post by wh..sh » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Grokstar wrote:Please whomever is in charge of the STEP program. Your remaining step children are in need.

Who would it hurt to let us know how many of us are still in line? It can't be hard information to come up with. Really.

I think I need someone to show me how to create a macro to access this page.......I feel compelled to check it every time I walk
past my computer. Its summer outside....I should be there. I have no willpower to keep me away from this thread.

Playaliciously,
Grokstar
If you insist on staying here, I have an alternative.

SERIOUSLY! Come on!!! Staying on this thread helps in no way. Get out there and enjoy the beautiful weather!
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob

lemur

Post by lemur » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:51 pm

the powers that be told folks in february that the STEP program shouldnt be peoples only hope..

it's important to note that STEP will have only as many tickets available as there are people who sell their tickets into it. We believe that people will also be selling/giving tickets within their immediate circle of friends and local community- and we aren’t trying to change that. ......there is a fair amount of summertime turnover as the event gets closer and life events cause Burners’ plans to change. We encourage you to first seek out tickets from your immediate community of friends and cohorts, as well as any other avenues for acquiring face-value, legitimate tickets as you can find, without patronizing scalpers.

if folks are still waitin at the edge of their seat for STEP to save them.. theyve missed the message..

of course not everyone is near a burner community but that cant stop everyone.. there are tickets out there to be found.. get involved, online.. or in person.. http://regionals.burningman.com/ facebook/eplaya/regional lists ...good place to do stuff (maybe shoulda been involved months ago!)

just look through the history of this thread.. there are numerous examples of people getting tickets outside of STEP .. it can work!

time is running out, y'all ..in 3 weeks STEP will be done for. ...dont patiently wait too long.

freeeeeman
Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Post by freeeeeman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:59 pm

lemur wrote:timestamps are bullshit
don't worry almighty timestamp. he didn't mean it. he really does love you.

:-)

Tanzremix

Post by Tanzremix » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:22 pm

lemur wrote: time is running out, y'all ..in 3 weeks STEP will be done for. ...dont patiently wait too long.
STEP has always stood for Seek Tickets Elsewhere People, it just isn't late enough for StubHub yet.

BirthChazz
Camp Name: Valhalla

Post by BirthChazz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Congrats to all with tickets! Happy to see so many STEP children gettin' lucky.

xo
“How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.” George Washington Carver

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”