Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
happy truk
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Post by happy truk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Hello Fellow STEP Children - 12:18:34 here - been following this thread daily since day one - so happy for all who have received tickets so far - hope to see us all on the playa

calirobert

Post by calirobert » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:15 pm

happy truk wrote:Hello Fellow STEP Children - 12:18:34 here - been following this thread daily since day one - so happy for all who have received tickets so far - hope to see us all on the playa
Hello happy truk great to hear from a 12:18er, thought i was a 12:19er look deep inside my email and found the time, borg. 12:18:24 12:18er. our chance of making through the Q is looking better then 50/50!? we will be STEP children with a home

Arnoldo

Post by Arnoldo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Feeling the love! Glad to be on a STEP dream teams! Thanks you all for the kind words and support. I know my time will come!!! Went through my pictures from last year. It re-energized me and took my mind off the waiting game!
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...

scottmotron
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: super sonic whiz kids

Post by scottmotron » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:33 pm

I saw a rabbit in my yard today, so I decided to approach him for information. Through his high-frequency nose vibrations and hypnotic eye telepathy I was able to discern that the gods of timestamp, who are in direct communication with the rabbit colonies of Colorado, indicate that my timestamp of 12:17:15 will indeed be fruitful. You can imagine my relief, after countless activations of the F5 button on this thread hoping for that first 12:17 winner. He then went on to tell me that Burning Man this year would be hot. And dusty. This information I found somewhat less useful, but I feigned interest as Rabbits are known to been keen observers of the obvious. Anyway, since my fate has now been foretold, I will refocus my efforts on wiggling my nose in a similar manner in hopes of appealing to the timestamp gods for the rest of you. If you get a chance, please send nose amplification vibes my way!

[wallcoo_com]_Lovely_rabbit_Picture_da033013s.jpg
--scotto--
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jenifersteppat
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Jenifersteppat » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Arnoldo, calirobert, happy truk, nemo, moonbabyy, Grokstar, 7chix&me, YOUR DAY IS COMING! Especially if the jackrabbit speaks and says clearing out the initial STEP registration with some additional tix (what I think will happen) - Thinking of you all and can't wait to see your happy posts, I love them!
No matter where you go, there you are.

pwornama

Post by pwornama » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:54 pm

So many 12:18ers, I thought I better repost my time for maybe some good luck.
Pwornama
12:18:26

chica63

Post by chica63 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Oh hey lookie there! Turns out my beloved timestamp that I've been clinging to like life raft for all these weeks is not 12:19 at all but actually 12:18:09!!
geeeze.. it's a good thing I'm cute. :P
IM ONE MINUTE CLOSER TO THE DUST!

@scottmotron, this made me smile. It's been one of ~those days so I thank you for that
scottmotron wrote:I saw a rabbit in my yard today, so I decided to approach him for information. Through his high-frequency nose vibrations and hypnotic eye telepathy I was able to discern that the gods of timestamp, who are in direct communication with the rabbit colonies of Colorado, indicate that my timestamp of 12:17:15 will indeed be fruitful. You can imagine my relief, after countless activations of the F5 button on this thread hoping for that first 12:17 winner. He then went on to tell me that Burning Man this year would be hot. And dusty. This information I found somewhat less useful, but I feigned interest as Rabbits are known to been keen observers of the obvious. Anyway, since my fate has now been foretold, I will refocus my efforts on wiggling my nose in a similar manner in hopes of appealing to the timestamp gods for the rest of you. If you get a chance, please send nose amplification vibes my way!
Dreamers have all the fun.

Straightveg

Post by Straightveg » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Jenifersteppat wrote:Arnoldo, calirobert, happy truk, nemo, moonbabyy, Grokstar, 7chix&me, YOUR DAY IS COMING! Especially if the jackrabbit speaks and says clearing out the initial STEP registration with some additional tix (what I think will happen) - Thinking of you all and can't wait to see your happy posts, I love them!
If the borg decides to put more tickets into STEP I'd expect them to do it quietly and without warning, then tell everyone about it in JRS after the fact. For the record, I'm okay with that tactic. As a reminder to everyone who thinks their timestamp hasn't been reported here yet so they don't need to check their email regularly, CHECK YOUR EMAIL! YOUR TIMESTAMP IS NOT THE END-ALL BE-ALL.

Full Disclosure: I'm secretly a follower of the One True TImestamp. As my first act of faith I reserved my truck today.(Thanks for the reminder FOC, and so glad you finally got your ticket!) Tomorrow I'll see about the hotel(Mad thanks to BDC&WB for setting up a super awesome deal for those of us coming from afar and needing a place in Reno! I hope they still have rooms left.) With a timestamp of 12:24 I'm now desperate enough that I'm willing to bargain, so If the Timestamp should smile upon my unworthiness and grant me a ticket, I shall carry a customized commemorative timestamp with which to mark myself and other True Believers as His beloved children. May the Timestamp Smile upon us all and may we be rewarded for our patience soon.
Black Rock City or and Bust Dust!
torrey.smith wrote: As they say, make a man a fire and you warm him for a night. Set a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life. (Or was it a fish?)
-Sarge

ellorbito
Burning Since: 2008

Post by ellorbito » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!I finally got awarded STEP tickets. I was able to get in on the 2000 thing, my computer was wonky but I think my time stamp was a horrible 13 minutes. There is hope. Sending some good mojo out to all you without tickets. Sending good mojo out to all of you who have them too. See you soon.

happy truk

Post by happy truk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:06 pm

thank you Jenifersteppat - I too hope that some of the additional tickets allow us remaining STEP children to journey to Black Rock City - where we will receive our commemorative timestamp from Straightveg

calirobert, pwornama, and chica63 - welcome to the STEP class of 12:18

calirobert

Post by calirobert » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:32 pm

scottmotron your post is what i needed that was great ...by the way my rabbits don't speak to me ...would it be to much trouble my time stamp is 12:18:24 thanks

happy truk

Post by happy truk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:04 pm

thank you calirobert for my new mantra - “we will be STEP children with a home”

missbettyboo
Burning Since: 2009

Post by missbettyboo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi all!

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know how the STEP line is moving along. I was offered 2 STEP tickets yesterday (June 18), priced at $390 each. My original time stamp was 12:16:47. These 2 tickets will be going back into the system, as I was able to secure tickets through other means. Yay for the next person in line, who will be getting those tix! See you all out there!

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:02 am

Thank you, MissBettyBoo! Everyone in STEP loves you.

ScottMotron (& wiggling nose), welcome to the board!
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Arnoldo

Post by Arnoldo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:17 am

Jenifersteppat wrote:Arnoldo, calirobert, happy truk, nemo, moonbabyy, Grokstar, 7chix&me, YOUR DAY IS COMING! Especially if the jackrabbit speaks and says clearing out the initial STEP registration with some additional tix (what I think will happen) - Thinking of you all and can't wait to see your happy posts, I love them!
Thanks chica!!! I can't wait for dusty hugs from all my STEP family!
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...

vargaso
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Post by vargaso » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:30 am

Chiming in here, another 12:18er. I'm at 12:18:31. Let's get a move on! Congrats to all STEP winners so far.

MadBurner

Post by MadBurner » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:01 am

Got my tickets yesterday via STEP my email confirmation was 12:18pm

Cheers
On to planning now...

fritz

Post by fritz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:17 am

MadBurner wrote:Got my tickets yesterday via STEP my email confirmation was 12:18pm
On no! I am 12:17:13 and I got skipped! :wink:

Congrats MadBurner!!!

Straightveg

Post by Straightveg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:27 am

MadBurner wrote:Got my tickets yesterday via STEP my email confirmation was 12:18pm

Cheers
On to planning now...
Congrats and welcome to the forums!
fritz wrote: On no! I am 12:17:13 and I got skipped! :wink:
Clearly you have not demonstrated enough faith in the Great Timestamp. A ritual flame offering of a small effigy of either the man or your personal timestamp should be sufficient to ensure His favor, and by extension your ticket. I believe the Solstice should amplify the effect, thus ending your stay in STEP ticket limbo that much sooner. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and burn something!
Black Rock City or and Bust Dust!
torrey.smith wrote: As they say, make a man a fire and you warm him for a night. Set a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life. (Or was it a fish?)
-Sarge

fritz

Post by fritz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:41 am

Straightveg wrote:Clearly you have not demonstrated enough faith in the Great Timestamp. A ritual flame offering of a small effigy of either the man or your personal timestamp should be sufficient to ensure His favor, and by extension your ticket. I believe the Solstice should amplify the effect, thus ending your stay in STEP ticket limbo that much sooner. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and burn something!
You are correct, I have been patiently waiting for my bus to arrive, but have not given true worship to the Timestamp. I will be certain to worship the almighty Timestamp at the exact time of the Solstice, 4:09pm Pacific.

calirobert

Post by calirobert » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:21 pm

fritz wrote:

Congrats MadBurner!!!
Do not fret you have not been skipped. there are two time stamps on each email. the first and most holly of the time stamps is when it leaves Burning Man Tickets you will find this time stamp in the full message headers. the second time stamp is when it is received into your email this one has a lot of variation in it. some of the time stamps here are the first some are the second

freeeeeman
Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Post by freeeeeman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:56 pm

calirobert wrote:
fritz wrote:

Congrats MadBurner!!!
Do not fret you have not been skipped. there are two time stamps on each email. the first and most holly of the time stamps is when it leaves Burning Man Tickets you will find this time stamp in the full message headers. the second time stamp is when it is received into your email this one has a lot of variation in it. some of the time stamps here are the first some are the second
and to spare trilobyte another post which will spawn a slew of almighty timestamp responses.... the timestamp from BM still isn't a perfect indicator as it can come from different servers which might not be sending emails at the same rate.

and ... umm....... all hail the almighty timestamp.....

gospel of timestamp 12:21

calirobert

Post by calirobert » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:37 pm

freeeeeman thanks for the heads up {(... come from different servers which might not be sending emails at the same rate...)} need a pitcher of margaritas now!

calirobert

Post by calirobert » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:02 pm

ready
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:35 pm

You can always take that to Da Bar down in General Dicussion sub-forum.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

skyhawkecks

Post by skyhawkecks » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Wish I could even be in the STEP queue :(

freeeeeman
Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Post by freeeeeman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:35 pm

skyhawkecks wrote:Wish I could even be in the STEP queue :(
i know! :( we had 4 people in our camp try to get in and only 2 made it. (i had 4 browsers in 2 computers trying for 20 minutes.) but honestly, i expect there to be a fair amount of at-cost tickets on the market after they are mailed out. a bunch of people didn't want to pay the STEP fee to put them in step and will elect to sell them to get all of their money back once they get the tickets. that's what i'd do assuming i didn't have a friend in need. i suspect that the next two weeks will be very telling... i'm pretty much expecting to get the additional needed tickets from craigslist and not from my 4 entries in step. am i alone in this wishful thinking?

skyhawkecks

Post by skyhawkecks » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:39 pm

freeeeeman wrote:
skyhawkecks wrote:Wish I could even be in the STEP queue :(
i know! :( we had 4 people in our camp try to get in and only 2 made it. (i had 4 browsers in 2 computers trying for 20 minutes.) but honestly, i expect there to be a fair amount of at-cost tickets on the market after they are mailed out. a bunch of people didn't want to pay the STEP fee to put them in step and will elect to sell them to get all of their money back once they get the tickets. that's what i'd do assuming i didn't have a friend in need. i suspect that the next two weeks will be very telling... i'm pretty much expecting to get the additional needed tickets from craigslist and not from my 4 entries in step. am i alone in this wishful thinking?

I check the STEP email multiple times a day in case they stealthily re-open it.

I had a couple of computers open on that fateful day and clicked the link right at 12:00:00 PM and couldn't get through :( LOUSY T1 WORK CONNECTION

fritz

Post by fritz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:10 pm

I honor the Almighty Timestamp on this glorious Solstice of 2012! May there be room on the bus for all of your STEP children. Amen.
SolticeTimestamp.JPG

pacifico

Post by pacifico » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Hello Everyone. I have been following this thread since we barely made the STEP list. I am a timestamp believer. We were at timestamp 01:21.

We were able to recieve 2 tickets through volunteering with a group in the Fire Conclave over the weekend. Because of this, our 2 spaces on the STEP list have been taken out, which helps those still on the STEP list. Happy about that. We actually ended up having 3 places we could get some tickets. Didn't think that was possible. Unexpected. Hoping that all STEPPERS get the extra tickets and that all those looking for tickets will find them...

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”