Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
freeeeeman
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Post by freeeeeman » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:12 pm

chica63 wrote:I'm sitting at 12:18:09. This "all the tickets went out" news is killing me. Fingers crossed.
doesn't make sense to me. i thought that only 2000 people were allowed in STEP. so, worst case, 1000 tickets should satisfy 25% (2000 people * 2 tickets each) of the demand... and if 1000 already went out when we were at timestamp of 12:13... sure seems like they are just trickling out...

happy truk

Post by happy truk » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:16 pm

12:17’s were already reporting receiving tickets before the 1000 additional STEP tickets were announced on Sunday.

Could there really have been over 500 people (taking into account some people receiving 2 tickets each) out of the 2000 in 17:00 to 18:00 - wow

fritz
Burning Since: 2009

Post by fritz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Don't despair my fellow STEP children. Keep your faith in the Almighty Timestamp. Whether all 1,000 have been put into the pool or not, the line will continue to move as some decline to purchase and others that have purchased change their plans.

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 2018

Post by junglesmacks » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:25 pm

OldSoulYoungBody wrote:I highly doubt that all went out all at once, because I got my offer at 5:30 am Monday morning, not Sunday... maybe just circumstancial

I fully read that as "circumcisional"

Which, while not an actual word.. would seem rather apt in a strange way.. being as this this certainly is a rite of passage this year..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

OldSoulYoungBody

Post by OldSoulYoungBody » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Hahahaha ^ BTW, good new guys, one of my fraternity brothers just got tix, 12:18 as well. Weird thing is, we were sitting next to each other when we got in step, and he got in first by about 30 sec, so maybe it doesn't go in order. But The fact that tickets are still hitting is a good sign, could mean that dispersement is staggered? who knows, I'm not going to assume either way
"Every man dies, but not every man really lives"

calirobert

Post by calirobert » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 pm

congratulations moonbabyy on your tix!!!

chica63
Burning Since: 2012

Post by chica63 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:06 pm

freeeeeman wrote:
chica63 wrote:I'm sitting at 12:18:09. This "all the tickets went out" news is killing me. Fingers crossed.
doesn't make sense to me. i thought that only 2000 people were allowed in STEP. so, worst case, 1000 tickets should satisfy 25% (2000 people * 2 tickets each) of the demand... and if 1000 already went out when we were at timestamp of 12:13... sure seems like they are just trickling out...

"doesn't make sense to me." pretty much sums it ALL up for me but I refuse to lose faith! In come this far. ;)
Dreamers have all the fun.

bsno

Post by bsno » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 pm

12:18:09.........just got offered 2 tickets @ $420.. so must be the normal step queue moving along with the extra tickets.
no longer need them though, so they will be going back into step!

calirobert

Post by calirobert » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:26 pm

bsno wrote:12:18:09.........just got offered 2 tickets @ $420.. so must be the normal step queue moving along with the extra tickets.
Thanks bsno this is great news, will be checking my email won't be long now

Dis)'(rack
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Blue Team Burners

Post by Dis)'(rack » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:35 pm

bsno wrote:12:18:09.........just got offered 2 tickets @ $420.. so must be the normal step queue moving along with the extra tickets.
This is what is happening right here. I know a lot of people (basically my entire camp plus friends) that started out with no tix after the lotto and heard the fat lady warming up. Since then, we've gotten every single camper we know that wants to attend a ticket; plus, we have given at least six back to the community (declined theme camp tix, declined volunteer spots, declined STEP tix, declined friends tix).

A lot of these notifications are going to expire in the next couple of days and a new wave of tix are going to filter into STEP. Plus, regardless of what has been said, there is no telling if BMORG has really dumped all of the tickets that they intend to distribute back into the STEP queue. On top of that, the late summer, oh shit can't make it crowd has yet to rear it's head....it always does.

Hang in there...haters gonna hate....quitters gonna quit...and burners gonna burn...
You pay your money...you take your chances

happy truk

Post by happy truk » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Congratulations to all who have recently received tickets.

Thanks for the positive words fritz and Dis)’(rack.

Hang in there chica63 and calirobert - should be any time now.

calirobert

Post by calirobert » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:48 pm

thanks happy truk

moonbabyy
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Kreme Burners 9:30 & B

Post by moonbabyy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Hang in there...haters gonna hate....quitters gonna quit...and burners gonna burn....
Wow- This really resonates with me Dis)'(rack. Permission to use this?

International Incident
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Post by International Incident » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Loving all the great news! I keep coming back to see who is getting tickets - even though I don't know anybody in the queue.

As we are seeing a bit more traffic here, and I know the STEP children want to meet each other, I thought I'd post the details of the ePlaya Meet and Greet again. Thursday night -6-9pm, Barbie Death Camp @ 4.00pm and E. Love to see you there.

The link to the chatter about who is doing what and bring what is here - http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... 83&t=51429

Even if you are not a regular ePlayan - or have never even posted - feel free to come along. PM me if you have any queries or to RSVP. Even the snarkiest on the board are quite mellow at the M&G and none of us bite (really). Well not hard anyway.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:38 pm

And only if asked....
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

chica63

Post by chica63 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks Happy Truk!

Jenifersteppat

Post by Jenifersteppat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Ugh, just the roller coaster ride up until I got tickets in June (12:17:24) was harsh enough - I am feeling for all you steppers still waiting, it would be damn near unbearable at this point - hang in there!!! I do not believe the 1000 have all gone out and as said by others a lot will be back in the mix from people who got them by other means. Not a useful post - but just want you all to know I am rooting for you and commiserating!!
No matter where you go, there you are.

freeeeeman
Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Post by freeeeeman » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:44 pm

congrats Jenifersteppat! and it IS a useful post to hear about the flow of tickets! thanks!

-- gospel of 12:21

EmilyD
Camp Name: Art Car Camp

Post by EmilyD » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Dis)'(rack wrote:
This is what is happening right here. I know a lot of people (basically my entire camp plus friends) that started out with no tix after the lotto and heard the fat lady warming up. Since then, we've gotten every single camper we know that wants to attend a ticket; plus, we have given at least six back to the community (declined theme camp tix, declined volunteer spots, declined STEP tix, declined friends tix).

A lot of these notifications are going to expire in the next couple of days and a new wave of tix are going to filter into STEP. Plus, regardless of what has been said, there is no telling if BMORG has really dumped all of the tickets that they intend to distribute back into the STEP queue. On top of that, the late summer, oh shit can't make it crowd has yet to rear it's head....it always does.
g
Hang in there...haters gonna hate....quitters gonna quit...and burners gonna burn...
Hope you're right Dis)'(rack! ArtCar Camp (which just got fantastic placement (Rod's Road @ 2:00pm) is still hurting badly! Only 1/2 our people with actual daily-drivin artcars have tickets so far! It's going to be sad to have an ArtCar Camp with no ArtCars on display! :-(
You don't have to be skinny, naked and under 30 to be a Hottie!

chickenziggy

Post by chickenziggy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Woop Woop! I just got two tickets at $390. My timestamp was 12:17 and dont know about the seconds. Will see you guys in line at will call.

chica63

Post by chica63 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:06 pm

I GOT MY TICKET!!!!!

At work and on my phone so I haven't opened the link yet but I GOT IT!!! 12:1&:09 :)))))

*dances around and falls over*

See you in the dust!!

Jenifersteppat

Post by Jenifersteppat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Congrats Chica63 (I was sweating bullets for you) and chickenziggy! And thanks to melaniejane for reposting the meet and greet info - I was just thinking I would have to try to find that somewhere in the 63 pages of this thread :)

Jenifersteppat

Post by Jenifersteppat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:17 pm

*** I mean 66 pages! And good point - we should say "see you in line at will call" instead of see you in the dust - FUNNY!

chica63

Post by chica63 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:21 pm

@jenifersteppat Thanks! I was sweatin bullets too for a minute. lol

Congrats chickenziggy!!!

C'mon STEP!! Come through for the rest of your STEP children!

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:31 pm

melaniejane wrote:Loving all the great news! I keep coming back to see who is getting tickets - even though I don't know anybody in the queue.

As we are seeing a bit more traffic here, and I know the STEP children want to meet each other, I thought I'd post the details of the ePlaya Meet and Greet again. Thursday night -6-9pm, Barbie Death Camp @ 4.00pm and E. Love to see you there.

The link to the chatter about who is doing what and bring what is here - http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... 83&t=51429

Even if you are not a regular ePlayan - or have never even posted - feel free to come along. PM me if you have any queries or to RSVP. Even the snarkiest on the board are quite mellow at the M&G and none of us bite (really). Well not hard anyway.
Seriously, meeting ePlayans at the Meet & Greet was one of the highlights of my Burn, and everyone was absurdly friendly to me even though they didn't know I could wildly edit their posts until 2 hours into it! A++! Would recommend!
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Dis)'(rack
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Blue Team Burners

Post by Dis)'(rack » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:51 pm

moonbabyy wrote:
Hang in there...haters gonna hate....quitters gonna quit...and burners gonna burn....
Wow- This really resonates with me Dis)'(rack. Permission to use this?
That lil gem is my campmate's. He wrote it on a wooden stud that we improvised into our shade structure when we somehow lost an aluminum beam in transit. Fortunately we had a jigsaw and extra studs as just in case items. He's a playa natural and a great team mate. I'm sure he'd be honored if you felt it was worth taking along with your journeys.

BTW...shade structure held tight no prob in winds.
You pay your money...you take your chances

junglesmacks

Post by junglesmacks » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Jenifersteppat wrote: we should say "see you in line at will call" instead of see you in the dust - FUNNY!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
melaniejane wrote:Even the snarkiest on the board are quite mellow at the M&G and none of us bite (really). Well not hard anyway.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

It puts the lotion on the elbows!
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

Arnoldo

Post by Arnoldo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Oh my HAPPY day has finally come! After months of checking my email and clicking on refresh. I finally got my STEP ticket HOME!!!!! Words can not describe how I am feeling at this very moment!!!!!
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:56 pm

CONGRATULATIONS ARNOLDO...NEINER, NEINER, NEINER
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

moonbabyy
Camp Name: Kreme Burners 9:30 & B

Post by moonbabyy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Geez, Arnoldo, we've been worried sick!!

Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”