Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
User avatar
Clar-i-ty
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:25 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!
Location: Sometimes Here, Sometimes There
Contact:

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby Clar-i-ty » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:57 pm

stretch80 wrote:
Tanzremix wrote:Lol, such a troll thread. OP provided an answer to a bullshit question no one asked; this isn't even worth the mental masturbation it would take to consider, but he did get to wave his dick around a little bit. If anything this thread is worth a lock.

Geeze, I didn't mention sex once. Here you are talking about masturbating and speculating about what i do with my penis.

I intended to spark a discussion, to see a few different points of view. Which certainly occurred. Dozens of people have posted how they deserve to attend, or should attend. That they have burned since Larry Harvey was 6 years old, or some such ramble. That implies that certain people believe they have the right to attend. I simply state "no, that is not the case".

As with any post one sees here: you can disagree, agree, not care, intensely care, ignore or bitch about it. We all have the right to do that. Hell, call me a troll. As far as I know, it still is not against the law to do that either.

good day


Oh, I know what guy you are. You're the guy who comes upon a group of people who are having a conversation and tell them they're all full of shit, as opposed to maybe considering that all these people have a rapport that has lasted for many years, and thousands of posts.

Work on your people skills Tranz. Really.
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!

User avatar
TomServo
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:17 pm
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby TomServo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:47 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
TomServo wrote:In this country, we have the unalienable right of "pursuit of happiness", which includes the right to acquire and enjoy property..in this case..a ticket, beyond all the restrictions, behind that ticket.

I'm not sure that we do. That's in the Declaration of Independence, which, while a founding document, is not the law of the land.


The bill of rights, lists rights that are NOT unalienable. Unalienable, as stated in the Declaration of Independence, is a right that CANNOT be taken away. Ironically, we take away Life all the time...legally. I think it's all open to interpretation...and I wonder, if it was made that way on purpose...?
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40303
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 am

Yes, and the Constitution took the unalianable right of liberty from a number of americans, as well. Took decades to fix that... If it is an inalianable right, then is not just "this country" that has it...

As to
and I wonder, if it was made that way on purpose...?
I'm know that there were complicated political things going on with the Constitution. For instance, that most radical of the founding fathers, Ben Franklin, was not permitted to write it, even though he'd been a major writer of the Declaration.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
capjbadger
Posts: 2691
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:17 am
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters
Location: Horus' Left Armpit

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:32 am

TomServo wrote:In this country, we have the unalienable right of "pursuit of happiness", which includes the right to acquire and enjoy property..in this case..a ticket, beyond all the restrictions, behind that ticket.

When you get that to hold up in a court of law, I might stop laughing at you.

Maybe. :twisted:

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!

User avatar
capjbadger
Posts: 2691
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:17 am
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters
Location: Horus' Left Armpit

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:33 am

TomServo wrote:
clocksnmirrors wrote:
TomServo wrote: No, but we have a RIGHT to pursue that happiness. The whole first come first served debate, is over complication of a simple and fair system.


we have a right to pursue. getting in the ticket line is the pursuit. we don't have a right to the result of the pursuit. the ticket is the result of the pursuit.

therefore you have the right to get in line but not the right to the ticket.


If you are first in line...you do..or at least should have that right. It's a gamble, every time you want to purchase a popular item..like BM tix or Cabbage Patch Kids....First come first serve is the best and only fair system..IMHO...The scalping problem can be resolved through less invasive methods

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason"
Completely legal. Grow up. :P

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!

User avatar
capjbadger
Posts: 2691
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:17 am
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters
Location: Horus' Left Armpit

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby capjbadger » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:42 am

TomServo wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:
TomServo wrote:In this country, we have the unalienable right of "pursuit of happiness", which includes the right to acquire and enjoy property..in this case..a ticket, beyond all the restrictions, behind that ticket.

I'm not sure that we do. That's in the Declaration of Independence, which, while a founding document, is not the law of the land.


The bill of rights, lists rights that are NOT unalienable. Unalienable, as stated in the Declaration of Independence, is a right that CANNOT be taken away. Ironically, we take away Life all the time...legally. I think it's all open to interpretation...and I wonder, if it was made that way on purpose...?

Image

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!

Tanzremix
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:49 am

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby Tanzremix » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 am

Clar-i-ty wrote:Oh, I know what guy you are. You're the guy who comes upon a group of people who are having a conversation and tell them they're all full of shit, as opposed to maybe considering that all these people have a rapport that has lasted for many years, and thousands of posts.

Work on your people skills Tranz. Really.


I'm sorry, your post count doesn't matter anywhere outside of maybe your head. This is clearly a troll thread; either you haven't spent much time on the internet or you just don't realize that this isn't a conversation worth having. Fucking slavery just came up, what a joke! How long till Godwin's law makes an appearance? Tickets are revocable, thus there is no right of attendance, end of story.

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40303
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 am

Someone isn't getting enough irony in his diet...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Tanzremix
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:49 am

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby Tanzremix » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:07 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Someone isn't getting enough irony in his diet...


Actually my hipster roommate made me breakfast this morning, then I tripped over the four bikes in the entryway.... I think I got my daily dose.

User avatar
ZaphodBurner
Posts: 1339
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:05 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby ZaphodBurner » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:43 am

TomServo wrote:So, if I'm the first in line at the ticket counter, I don't have a right to a ticket?


Not if you're underage, don't have the money, you cut in line, you're being an asshole or you intend to scalp it.

That is, as I understand it, pretty much how it works.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

User avatar
ZaphodBurner
Posts: 1339
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:05 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby ZaphodBurner » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:53 am

Tanzremix wrote: Fucking slavery just came up, what a joke! How long till Godwin's law makes an appearance? Tickets are revocable, thus there is no right of attendance, end of story.


I assume you've already seen the Hitler Finds Out About the Ticket Lottery video on YouTube.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=hitler%2 ... %20lottery
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

Tanzremix
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:49 am

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby Tanzremix » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:00 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote:
Tanzremix wrote: Fucking slavery just came up, what a joke! How long till Godwin's law makes an appearance? Tickets are revocable, thus there is no right of attendance, end of story.


I assume you've already seen the Hitler Finds Out About the Ticket Lottery video on YouTube.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=hitler%2 ... %20lottery


Hahaha, I had, but that was an excellent post :lol:

User avatar
TomServo
Posts: 6160
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:17 pm
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Attending Burning Man is NOT a right.

Postby TomServo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Image
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..


Return to “2012 Tickets Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest