THE GATES OPEN AT 6PM ON SUNDAY, AUGUST 26
- Do not show up to the box office before this time unless you (and everyone in your vehicle) has a valid early arrivals pass.
- Have your LEGAL photo ID and printed confirmation email ready when you get to the box office.
WHICH LANE FOR WILL CALL? It doesn't matter! The gate crew is making some changes to the process this year, one of them is to create a spot ahead of the gates they're calling the Apex. It's a nice big gap in the traffic where they'll be holding cars, and a gate crew member can then easily (and safely) direct any car from any lane to any other lane. Pay attention and do what these fine people tell you, they want to help get everyone into Black Rock City as quickly as possible.
DRIVERS, BE RESPONSIBLE! If anybody in your vehicle does not have a ticket, the entire vehicle will be turned around and sent to Reno. Drivers, make sure that all your passengers either have a ticket in hand, or printouts of the confirmation info they will need for the box office. Any vehicle found to have a stowaway on board will have tickets confiscated from ALL passengers, the vehicle will be denied entry, and everyone on board will be sent home. Also, you can get busted for DUI in the gate line (or anywhere else at Burning Man), so please exercise good judgment.
HOW HELLISH WILL WILL CALL BE? I don't know the specifics, but it shouldn't be terrible. The ticket team knows the numbers, and has staffed up appropriately. Have your LEGAL photo ID and printed confirmation email ready when you get to the box office. Help them to help you get through the line as quickly as possible.
IF YOU'VE GOT TO GO… then use the porta-potties! There will be 56 porta-potties along the gate road - that's twice as many as last year!
For Early Arrivers
- Do not show up before the arrival date you are approved for (so if you're approved to show up on Saturday, don't show up on Thursday).
- Everyone in your vehicle needs to have early arrivals valid for the date you plan to arrive.
- The Box Office/Will Call Window opens up at noon on Wednesday, August 22nd.