Moisturizer

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
Jeannie Ginx
Burning Since: 2021

Moisturizer

Post by Jeannie Ginx » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Hey all, what do you like to moisturize with? I hear lotions are a pain cause you can get all sticky and toss dust on top.

Is it true that Grapeseed oil is a really good alternative to lotion moisturizers? I hear it won't leave you feeling sticky.

Thanks Loves
J

PS I got paid today so I'll buy some and try it out for you
Normal is boring. Don't be boring.
Love

Canoe

Re: Moisturizer

Post by Canoe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:59 pm

Tons have stuff have been tried at Burning Man and some are Playa Proven.
Unfortunately, the eplaya search sucks, but do use google to search eplaya.burningman.org for people's experiences with, well, just about everything at Burning Man.
You'll find the Best Practices and disasters people have had, as well as the go-to products/substances. Like moisturizer. You're not the first to be seeking all sorts of answers.
Do read the Survival Guide.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 pm

Sunscreen. You're going to need it anyway.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:17 am

Jeannie Ginx wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:05 pm
Hey all, what do you like to moisturize with? I hear lotions are a pain cause you can get all sticky and toss dust on top.

Is it true that Grapeseed oil is a really good alternative to lotion moisturizers? I hear it won't leave you feeling sticky.

Thanks Loves
J

PS I got paid today so I'll buy some and try it out for you
The blood of my enemies :coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:53 am

100% aloe vera gel absorbs in about 30 seconds and doesn't leave you sicky at all!!!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Each person is an individual. I have generally oily skin and hair and have been sheltering under NW clouds for some time. YMMV.

I generally clean my body and hair in the late afternoon, then head out for a night on the town, sometimes coming home dusty. I try to keep the dust down in the tent. I'll rinse my face, hands and feet, then put on regular old moisturizer on hands, face and generously on feet. Then I put the feet in clean cotton socks. If you have super dry hands, you could put them in cotton gloves for the night. I bring 2 pairs of cotton socks for each day.

I have sometimes worn sandals without socks in the daytime, but usually my feet are in socks away from the dust. I've never done the dilute vinegar wash, though some people swear by it. With my routine, I've never had the dreaded playa foot where the dry skin cracks and the alkali dust burns like hell.

The dust is very hard on hair for most people. You can search ePlaya for hair. Colorful wigs are popular.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”