What is the weather like on the Playa?

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
fimjox

What is the weather like on the Playa?

Post by fimjox » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:25 am

Is there anywhere on BM site where people post daily blogs? I saw pictures of the playa last Sat at AnonSalonand everyone was wearing masks, goggles and layered in dust. SUpposedly many dust storms. Is it that bad?
www.penguinsongs.com
Any news about Lost Penguin Camp?

NancyBen

Post by NancyBen » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:49 am

I saw pictures of the playa last Sat at AnonSalonand everyone was wearing masks, goggles and layered in dust.
My god! At Burning Man? Oh, this is shocking ... SHOCKING!

I can give you a guaranteed 100% accurate forecast:
Ridiculously hot and dusty during the day, much colder but still dusty during the night.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I just think it's funny that people get into deep discussions about whether it will be "really dusty" or "really really dusty" and "really hot" or "really really hot" and so on.

fimjox

Yes there is dust on the playa

Post by fimjox » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:17 am

I know it is dusty on the PlayaI have been to 6 burns, it just seems that it is very excessive this year. I get the impression there are many dust storms throughout the day

Sorry to be redundent on my posts, but they didn't show up in the board.

Thank You,
Jim Fox
www.penguinsongs.com

Wakawaka

Post by Wakawaka » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:37 pm

Yes it's bad. Holy mother of christ.

Do you know what this means? Seriously filmjoyxjormfixster, it's gonna be the mother of all dusty of dusty years. Let me tell you, I've been going for 7 years and I know what I'm talking about. I understand you haven't been going as long, but take it from me, an experienced burner, it's gonna be the dustiest, raniest, hottest, coldest, porta-overflowiest years in recent history. I'm bringin' galoshes.

MissNev

Post by MissNev » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:09 pm

I just got back from the Playa. I was out there yesterday and today. This is the dustiest I've seen it for about 7 or 8 years. There are a lot of ruts and bumps. It is hot, hot during the day and very cold at night. Wind picked up a bit in the morning about 10ish, then again in the afternoon about 4ish. Lots of law enforcement on the way in.
Proprietor and Mixologist for The Liver's End

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”