Burn Date

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
waru

Burn Date

Post by waru » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:32 am

Hey guys,

What date is actual burn? Is it sep 2nd with 3rd as going home day or is it sep 3rd with 4th as going home day?

From what some burners I met at a burning pub gathering over here told me, nobody hangs around on the playa once the burn is over you have to get off straight away?

Cheers n Peace!

waru

Dork

Post by Dork » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:24 am

As long as you're gone before Tuesday you can do whatever you want.

The man burns on Saturday. The temple burns on Sunday. Last year a bunch of other stuff burned Sunday as well. And some other stuff burned on Friday. Thursday too, I think. What I'm saying is there a lot of fires out there. But the "big" one is Saturday a little while after it gets dark.

I guess you could say Monday is the main going home day, though many people leave Sunday night. Some leave earlier, skipping the temple burn or even the man burn because they aren't into the big party atmosphere.

waru

Post by waru » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:00 am

Nice one! Cheers for the info.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:48 am

What Dork said. Though if you can afford to take the time, I **highly** recommend staying not only Saturday night for the burning of the man, but through Sunday night for the burning of the Temple. Every year I've gone, the temple burn has meant more to me than anything else that's gone up in flames...

~Trilo~

Trixy

Post by Trixy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:25 am

I agree with Trilo, Temple burn is better than the man. I would almost skip the man burn, it's very anti-climatic, and the temple is so much more emotional. To me, it's what the whole thing is about. To just burn a big man structure and party is cool, but to do something SOOOOOOOOOO much more spirtual and cleansing, well,,,,,,,,,,,,,it's just way better.

But it's cool if a lot of people don't go, cause that makes it better for me. Yes infact, I encourage you to leave as soon as the man burns, then I can have an easier exodus on Monday.

No, if you really want to have the best burn, you MUST stay for Sunday. But if you only came to "party and look at tits" then you MUST leave as soon as you arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chillax, dude.

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:14 pm

No...the real Burn happens on the Wednesday after the man burns, but don't tell anyone. We're trying to keep it hush hush until it catches on and then the whole event moves to the next week.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

notonmysofa

Post by notonmysofa » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:43 pm

Oh... I thought you wnated a date to the burn. I was gonna say lot's of people go single, it's nothing to worry about.

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”