Sun?

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
phil

Post by phil » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:33 pm

> Yeah, water weighs 8 pounds per gallon, but I second the notion
> that you were perfectly capable of hauling it in, so why can't you
> haul it out?

Sorry, I wasn't clear: people who read this board and either haven't been before or who haven't brought in water in huge amounts may need a heads up about water's weight, thinking that a 55-gallon drum is a good answer to their needs.

Water weighs 8.3 pounds per gallon, so even a 30-gallon drum needs some thinking coming and going, but it's certainly more easily handled than 55 gallons. I'm sure you've already solved the problems of where to put your water in your vehicle and how to secure it.

Please be safe when you load your vehicle and when you drive it.

Caine

AEZ ideas

Post by Caine » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:35 pm

The AEZ has a fella who makes an Evapo-Tron, which is basically a slow track that dunks rags into the gray water and slowly brings them up and around a track. By the time it gets back to the water the rag is dry. I believe they filter out solids and burn them at the end. You could make something like this from clothesline and clothesline pullies. His works directly from a fan/turbine blade (no motor), so the slower the wind the slower the movement.

It's all about surface area. :) Dipping rags in any way will evaporate the water much much faster than just letting it sit in the pond, regardless of depth.

EDIT: Ah here we are. The details of various devices :)

http://www.ae-zone.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=greywater

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”