Hiya

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
Jebus

Hiya

Post by Jebus » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:15 pm

Yoyo wuzzup my homie g dawgs? ok just kidding. i went to BM last year but im new to the boards and i just wanted to say hola.anywho, my names danielle and im 14 and last year was my firs year at burning man. my dads been going since the festival started and i decided at the last moment 5 minutes before he was leaving htat i wanted to go with him. i missed my whole first week of school but it was worth it because i feel more at home there than i do anywhere else in the world.

poosie_kat

Post by poosie_kat » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:43 pm

Nice to meet you. I've been once and this year will be my second year. Good to have you aboard and hope to see you out there.

Ape-Rule

Last Real Burner

This Little Piggy Went To The Market...

Post by Last Real Burner » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:19 pm

Hi Danielle, welcome to the board.Image

your bestest friend,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

poeticphoto

Post by poeticphoto » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:29 pm

Dang, I wish my parents were that open.... all I've heard from my mom and step dad since they heard I was going this year is "do you know how to survive out there? do you think your car can make it? do you have any idea how much everything's going to cost?" yeah, the usual 'I'm a concerned parent' quandaries. They try to ask questions that they don't think I'll know, but surprizingly I know all the correct answers because of the nifty website and this e-playa. The info. on here is really helpful so make yourself welcome like the rest of us and use it to your advantage. Although, it doesn't seem as though you'll need a lot of advice seeing how you dad's been going for so long and you've already been. But, none the less, welcome and nice to heard from you. :)

Jebus

cool

Post by Jebus » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:01 pm

Thanx. U guys are rad. I love talking to other people that have been to burning man because i know well always be able to connect on that level, even if were completely different in our day to day lives. when you find out someones been to bm you start to think of them differently, not just as you see them every day, but as they are at the event. its really awesome to be able to look at the world in that way

MusicVixen

Post by MusicVixen » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:47 am

Hiya Jebus!! Last year was my first year and I wish I had known about it all along. The friend that made it possible for me to be there had told me that he thought he would always run into to me there. Now I know why. 8) I have an 18yr old son. Had I known about BM, he would have gone all along with me. He's now on his way another "sandbox" and won't be able to be there with me....but that's ok!! I'll be happy just to be there again. :D

MusicVixen

shitmouse

Post by shitmouse » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:38 pm

go for many years to come and come back and tell your tale of it's evolution. it's been a fun ride.
-b
=-=-= \<>/ =-=-=

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”