Post by FIGJAM » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:24 pm

I think mine was 9AH.lol
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 2018

Post by junglesmacks » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Savannah wrote: Just to charge my cell phone (I always manage to sap a lot of the power on the way to the desert, and then get to worry about it on the way back). Etc.
Why wouldn't you just use a 12v car charger? You could even find someone that has an always on accessory socket I'm sure that wouldn't need the key turned on to charge it..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:53 pm

I have considered it--(and did so once when my campmate had one). I just don't like to ask other people if I can drain their car batteries (even negligibly). I'm not usually in charge of my own vehicle there.

I have this . . . thing about minimizing the number of favors I ask. It's a combination of pride & standing a chance of getting help when I really, really need it.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Savannah wrote:I have considered it--(and did so once when my campmate had one). I just don't like to ask other people if I can drain their car batteries (even negligibly). I'm not usually in charge of my own vehicle there.

I have this . . . thing about minimizing the number of favors I ask. It's a combination of pride & standing a chance of getting help when I really, really need it.

Good advice...

I picked up a little battery pack with 12v and 110v charge conections.. Has charge indcater lites.and a diod to stop over charge.. 10ampH.. Run the disc player for seven days on the playa.. Still had plenty..

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:48 am

Savannah wrote:I have considered it--(and did so once when my campmate had one). I just don't like to ask other people if I can drain their car batteries (even negligibly). I'm not usually in charge of my own vehicle there.

if you only need it to charge a cell phone there are a lot of things like this. It's a solar panel that charges it's own little battery. Takes up a lot less space.

edited to add: AH envy, Figjam.

graidawg
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:18 am

well today i fixed my 'art' i intend to bring

i cant work out why the text appears too, but i may see if i can edit that out

edited by Anti M to fix the cattywhompus tags.
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

CapSmashy
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:17 am

328 feet of UV purple rope lighting.

graidawg
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:42 pm

thank you aunty em :wink:
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:44 am

I got some rainbow pasties in the mail. Me and my big mouth.

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:15 am

C.f.M. wrote:I got some rainbow pasties in the mail. Me and my big mouth.
Did you get them to wear to the meet-n-greet? I'm sure Doc Pyro would enjoy seeing you dressed up in them. ;-)

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

C.f.M.

Post by C.f.M. » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 am

jkisha wrote:
C.f.M. wrote:I got some rainbow pasties in the mail. Me and my big mouth.
Did you get them to wear to the meet-n-greet? I'm sure Doc Pyro would enjoy seeing you dressed up in them. ;-)

JK
Hmmm....I do need just the right occasion...if I can get that drunk that early to be that nekkid....maybe.

CapSmashy

Post by CapSmashy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:30 pm

C.f.M. wrote:Hmmm....I do need just the right occasion...if I can get that drunk that early to be that nekkid....maybe.
Note to self: heh... heh... heh...

C.f.M.

Post by C.f.M. » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:59 am

CapSmashy wrote:
C.f.M. wrote:Hmmm....I do need just the right occasion...if I can get that drunk that early to be that nekkid....maybe.
Note to self: heh... heh... heh...
You DO know it's your WIFE'S fault, right?

Hopefully this'll go up a few pages before she can get in here and tell the truth.

CapSmashy

Post by CapSmashy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:39 am

But of course. She's quite the enabler.

VeganChoirGirl

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:31 pm

MY DREADS CAAAAAME! YAY! No more icky hair for me! 3 weeks on the playa will be a breeze with these....at least I hope!

Finally moving to SF...can't WAIT!

jella
Camp Name: Dye with dignity

Post by jella » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Ooooh pretty
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there

C.f.M.

Post by C.f.M. » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:27 am

That makes my neck hurt looking at it. I am confident it is going to look GORgeous, I am just not one to add a whole mess of other shit to the hair I'm already trying to keep clean and tangle free!

We're like soul-sisters, I swear, you gin-drinking favorite color stealer! :lol:

VeganChoirGirl

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:23 am

C.f.M. wrote:That makes my neck hurt looking at it. I am confident it is going to look GORgeous, I am just not one to add a whole mess of other shit to the hair I'm already trying to keep clean and tangle free!

We're like soul-sisters, I swear, you gin-drinking favorite color stealer! :lol:
Yes, we totally are. :D The blue is a touch more teal-y in real life...but yes, they are totally my fav colors. Everything I bring to the playa is purple, black, or teal/blue....and much of the stuff I wear in defaultia.

So...if we don't have a gin soaked playa adventure, I will be sad.

After a few years on the playa...I know my hair can't handle just being nekkid. And this year I will be out there for three weeks. THUS the dreads. They are surprisingly light.

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Red Tea Camp

Post by dragonpilot » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:10 pm

VeganChoirGirl wrote:
C.f.M. wrote: Everything I bring to the playa is purple, black, or teal/blue....and much of the stuff I wear in defaultia.
Waddaminit! That shirt isn't...*squints*...oops, yes it is, by golly.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

VeganChoirGirl

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:30 pm

dragonpilot wrote:
VeganChoirGirl wrote:
C.f.M. wrote: Everything I bring to the playa is purple, black, or teal/blue....and much of the stuff I wear in defaultia.
Waddaminit! That shirt isn't...*squints*...oops, yes it is, by golly.

BAHAHAHA good call DP

C.f.M.

Post by C.f.M. » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:04 am

Well, I found out the AWESOME Stitch is moving a mere two hours from me for the summer, and I got a shirt that sums me up nicely (link in signature) and pickled some shrimp to give the recipe a test run. Also got invited to the regional conference and really wish I could afford a plane ticket.

Also, ha ha, I'm going to take a picture of what I'm wearing and post it to the blog right quick. 8)

VeganChoirGirl

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 am

C.f.M. wrote:Well, I found out the AWESOME Stitch is moving a mere two hours from me for the summer, and I got a shirt that sums me up nicely (link in signature) and pickled some shrimp to give the recipe a test run. Also got invited to the regional conference and really wish I could afford a plane ticket.

Also, ha ha, I'm going to take a picture of what I'm wearing and post it to the blog right quick. 8)
I KNOOOW! I was talking to her on google chat yesterday and she was telling me! If that happens, you ladies will have LOADS of fun. Wish I could make it out to see ya'll...but I am all booked up on travel. Apogaea looms large on my budget. :D

Ruquiyah

Post by Ruquiyah » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Well I am going to be new this year.... but preparation has begun! Got my goggles today!!! and some Cute crinoline slips for outings! Next week we install a large grey water waste tank in the bed of my truck and work on some evaporative technology!
Here to live life with no regrets!

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:51 am

'

Had three dreams last night.. All about ride share.. That extra seat my not be after those dreams/nightmares

VeganChoirGirl

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:59 am

Ruquiyah wrote:Well I am going to be new this year.... but preparation has begun! Got my goggles today!!! and some Cute crinoline slips for outings! Next week we install a large grey water waste tank in the bed of my truck and work on some evaporative technology!
Sounds like you are on top of it! :D

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Lining up different sizes of tin cans.. They will be made into wood/twig burning camp stoves..It takes a bundel of twiggs the size a half dallor and as long as a pensel to cook/boil.. A smaller foot print than a gas canister..

My kid is goimg to show me how to put pictures off the camera unto the eplaya.

Hope to hand out a few to people that are interested in ready/suvival mode..

MyDearFriend
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Ooooh, I got out my new garden sprayers tonight just to see if I could make the whole Playa-Showa thing work, I put a dishpan on the floor, mixed up some Doc Bronners and was very happy to discover I could wash this butt-length hair and my whole body with just a couple of quarts of water. Of course I didn't have playa dust to deal with but still, I feel quite pleased with myself!

8) 8) 8)
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Wonderful. :)

MyDearFriend, I will say that (arguably) the best way to get mileage out of a full shower is to take it at dusk when there is still enough light to see what you're doing but 1) will not sweat immediately afterward 2) after the most popular time for dust storms has subsided. (Storms occur at night sometimes, but I feel as though there's a trend towards midday and afternoon.)

MyDearFriend
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Savannah, thank you! I think that would be very refreshing after the heat of the day, so it's good to know that the dust is less in the evening (relatively speaking) cause I imagine this hair of mine will pick up quite a bit of dust, especially while it is wet. :shock:

Maybe I can lie in my hammock while my hair dries (I have ordered the one I think AntiM recommended), and get a lil disco-nap at the same time... 8)
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Savannah wrote:Wonderful. :)

MyDearFriend, I will say that (arguably) the best way to get mileage out of a full shower is to take it at dusk when there is still enough light to see what you're doing but 1) will not sweat immediately afterward 2) after the most popular time for dust storms has subsided. (Storms occur at night sometimes, but I feel as though there's a trend towards midday and afternoon.)
I concur.
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”