One Item for BM a Day (2010-2012)

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
Dr Jet Sinister
Burning Since: 1986

Re: One Item for BM a Day

Post by Dr Jet Sinister » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:36 am

AngelDanger wrote:Today I decided to finally stop lurking all the time and post something, because I have already read almost all of this thread and I love it. Also, I have been lurking on eplaya for years and my only posts have been unsatisfactory in terms of participation. Also, this will be my 5th year and all in all my biggest problem is being so very tired when I am on playa, which is no fun and makes me a grumpy-pants sometimes. SO the best remedies, I think, are to start eating and sleeping really well now and to build up superhuman stay-awake abilities. Only because I have exhausted (tee-hee) my other options. I will start this today. weeee!
Doing a lot of walking helps too. Welcome AngelDanger!
Suck it.
"They're like a bunch of Honey Badgers in a sea of hippies." -Goathead

Dr Jet Sinister

Post by Dr Jet Sinister » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:39 am

I purchased an item from ebay for the event. Had some problems with an incorrect shipping price, so I talked to the seller and got it resolved yesterday morning. Late last night I received this message from the seller.
I wrote them back and told them I loved them too. :lol:
Suck it.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:46 am

AngelDanger wrote:Today I decided to finally stop lurking all the time and post something, because I have already read almost all of this thread and I love it. Also, I have been lurking on eplaya for years and my only posts have been unsatisfactory in terms of participation. Also, this will be my 5th year and all in all my biggest problem is being so very tired when I am on playa, which is no fun and makes me a grumpy-pants sometimes. SO the best remedies, I think, are to start eating and sleeping really well now and to build up superhuman stay-awake abilities. Only because I have exhausted (tee-hee) my other options. I will start this today. weeee!
Glad you decided to start posting more.
I just revived your introduction thread. I'm sorry I somehow missed it the first time around. :oops:
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:48 am

Dr Jet Sinister wrote:I purchased an item from ebay for the event. Had some problems with an incorrect shipping price, so I talked to the seller and got it resolved yesterday morning. Late last night I received this message from the seller.
I wrote them back and told them I loved them too. :lol:
Interesting reply from someone you're transacting business with on ebay.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

J/J
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Black Rock City Snowshoe Team

Post by J/J » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:28 am

AngelDanger wrote: I will start this today. weeee!
AngleDanger as newbs we are shy about advice but if you travel the back of AEZ village look for the snowshoes. We shall have a maple syrup shooter over crushed ice ready for you, to energize!

Welcome to this thread- lots of good humans and critters to learn from. Who would guess Honey Badgers have claws? :D
playa, embrace the dust - eplaya, embrace the snark

Foxfur
Camp Name: Camp Foxfur/MASH@404: Village Not Found

Post by Foxfur » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:46 am

Well hello darling!
I only wish I'd delurked so much sooner. People seem to put up with me here and maybe even like me :roll: .
Participation gives so much pleasure and to be eagerly adopted by such a loving and incestuous family is divine.
You already know to look out for Ygmir, don't you.
(I love him and he's MINE)
Yours in dust,
Ff

Shit, forgot to say YAY!
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:

VeganChoirGirl

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:49 am

C.f.M. wrote:Ha ha hahahahaha, VCG, I've had that same Gloomth corset in my list for YEARS! I was tickled PINK when Louise was on Project Runway two seasons ago. Lord, I'd love to roll around in your closet. :wink: I'm not doing anything costume-wise, this year.
First of all...I KNOW RIGHT??? She's so amazing. I don't usually spend money on costumes, I make what I can and everything else goes to supplies. I said FUCK IT this year and decided to save up and buy some really awesome items that I could reuse and reuse. I too have been eyeing that prized piece for a long time. Hopefully it will fit...because I'm a little thicker than her usual client. :D
I got my plane ticket yesterday. Arriving in Reno 10:25 Wednesday. Leaving Reno two weeks later. The big expense down. Now I just gotta figure out what to take, so I can mail it off to the lovely, lovely Raiders who've agreed to schlep it for me. It's GOT to be cheaper than flying with it. :evil:
Are you saying you're arriving early next year??? Please say yes!! I arrive on August 20th, so I'll be looking for you!
Finally moving to SF...can't WAIT!

Dr Jet Sinister

Post by Dr Jet Sinister » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:54 am

VeganChoirGirl wrote:
C.f.M. wrote:
I got my plane ticket yesterday. Arriving in Reno 10:25 Wednesday. Leaving Reno two weeks later. The big expense down. Now I just gotta figure out what to take, so I can mail it off to the lovely, lovely Raiders who've agreed to schlep it for me. It's GOT to be cheaper than flying with it. :evil:
Are you saying you're arriving early next year??? Please say yes!! I arrive on August 20th, so I'll be looking for you!
Yes. She's riding in with us on Thursday. She'll be wearing gloves and pounding t-stakes Friday morning!
Suck it.

VeganChoirGirl

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:05 am

Yay! Good to see you back Angel. Sounds like you're getting all ready for this year. Eating well and exercising is a really good way to help, for sure. Also consider:

making sure that you don't drastically change your diet once you're on playa

having a good electrolyte replacement drink (Gatorade isn't really a good one)

a cooling vest or personal mister to help beat the heat

getting enough sleep...ha, I know, fat chance, right??

Hope to see you at the eplaya mng

MyDearFriend
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:52 am

Welcome AngelDanger!

VCG I swear I am not stalking you but, you said the magic words and, tada, I am out posting flyers for the eplaya Meet and Greet today.

Thursday, September 1, 6:30 PM, Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro.

I have been asked, in the nicest possible way :D to get a head-count for this pot-luck soiree, so, even if all you are bringing is your own naked self, please go to the MnG thread and respond in some way.

If you haven't already. 8)

here: http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... 28#p684828

thanks!
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

AngelDanger

Post by AngelDanger » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks everyone for the welcomings and advice! I love it! Also for something tangible done today, I just sprayed down my 10x10 pop-up/tent (it's got the wall and floor attachment thing) and im bleaching it, it's a little worst for wear and I dislike the mold smell :oops: It's nice to actually be working on things for the burn! I have a long list, so hopefully you guys will see me on here most/eeevery day!! It's great motivation! :lol:

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 pm

New dust-colored playa backpack, and a tetanus shot. :twisted:

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:12 pm

VeganChoirGirl wrote:
Yay! Good to see you back Angel. Sounds like you're getting all ready for this year. Eating well and exercising is a really good way to help, for sure. Also consider:

hey I could be that:

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:24 pm

ygmir wrote:
VeganChoirGirl wrote: Yay! Good to see you back Angel. Sounds like you're getting all ready for this year. Eating well and exercising is a really good way to help, for sure. Also consider:

hey I could be that:

I prefer personal Mr.'s, but it's not the heat they're helping me bea... dammit. Why couldn't Yggy have taken this one!
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

VeganChoirGirl

Post by VeganChoirGirl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:29 pm

Eric wrote:
ygmir wrote:
VeganChoirGirl wrote: Yay! Good to see you back Angel. Sounds like you're getting all ready for this year. Eating well and exercising is a really good way to help, for sure. Also consider:

hey I could be that:

I prefer personal Mr.'s, but it's not the heat they're helping me bea... dammit. Why couldn't Yggy have taken this one!
BAHAHAHA

katy potaty

Post by katy potaty » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Not an "item" but......
just registered with HUSHVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Keep it down over there!

katy potaty

Post by katy potaty » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:32 pm

That wasn't amplified, that's my real voice

Rabbette

Post by Rabbette » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:30 am

Just got some Coghlan's AIRSTOP for any unexpected holes or leaks from inflatable items.
Smile, who cares if you don't have all your teeth.

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:25 am

Dr Jet Sinister wrote:She'll be wearing gloves and pounding t-stakes Friday morning!
Who's t-stakes?

I'll be in the kitchen, where I belong, making chow and cold lemonade.

Dr Jet Sinister

Post by Dr Jet Sinister » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 am

C.f.M. wrote:
Dr Jet Sinister wrote:She'll be wearing gloves and pounding t-stakes Friday morning!
Who's t-stakes?

Ha! EAP means WORK!
Suck it.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:38 am

Keisen wrote:Not an "item" but......
just registered with HUSHVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Registration is open? Yikes!

Bin Noddin

Post by Bin Noddin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:52 am

Dr Jet Sinister wrote:
C.f.M. wrote:
Who's t-stakes?

Ha! EAP means WORK!
I think that's JK's nickname for his little friend.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

Foxfur
Camp Name: Camp Foxfur/MASH@404: Village Not Found

Post by Foxfur » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:07 am

Dr Jet Sinister wrote:
C.f.M. wrote:
Who's t-stakes?

Ha! EAP means WORK!
She thinks T-stakes = T-bone steaks. Rad!
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:

illy dilly
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:44 am

C.f.M. wrote:
And I LOVE prom! I have way too many prom dresses.
THEN YOU SHALL COME TO 'PROM'!!!!!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

illy dilly
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:51 am

Not so much an 'item' as much as a task.
My Mom and her Boyfriend took the RV for a weekend journey from Friday to Tuesday.
They had absolutely no problems. Except 1 little leak under the galley sink, little bit of teflon tape and it was all good.

There is still some sort of VAC issue with the fridge. Doesn't get real cold on 120 VAC, but it does get cold on propane. So what ever, it works on the road.

I spend every saturday from April to June 25th working on that RV. And it looks like it all paid off. No electrical issues, no generator issues, no leaking pipes, no leaky toilet, and roof A/C units work. Hooooraayyyy!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

melodiousdirge

Post by melodiousdirge » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:15 am

Anyone sick of dome struts yet? I certainly am. They are done though: cut, squished, drilled, bent and color coded. Now, for the canopy...

Beware teh snarkasm

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:32 am

Nice. I wish I had the ambition to build a bucky ball, but have opted for something less labor intensive this time.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

DanusLight
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by DanusLight » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:02 am

C.f.M. wrote: And you are going to DIE when you see my pics from Euphoria! Viking of DOOOOM was a smash.

Where are they? Where are they?
I don't sit up all night and plot revenge... I just sit back and giggle once Karma takes over!!!

C.f.M.
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:18 am

They're on my laptop waiting for when I can get it around some internet.

Or, they're on my laptop waiting for me to save them to a thumbdrive that's around my house somewhere and bring them to work and put a few on tinypic since I can't access FB.

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”