Getting married at the burn this year...

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
missypixi

Getting married at the burn this year...

Post by missypixi » Wed May 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Just wanted to know if there is anyone who might be able to help me out with my hair/makeup. If you or someone you know can help me out i would apprecitate it so much. Our wedding is going to be on Tuesday,late afternoon, if that helps at all. Thanks so much!
)'(pixi)'(

ConnieH

Post by ConnieH » Wed May 26, 2010 3:15 pm

isn't that what bridesmaids are for?

missypixi

Post by missypixi » Wed May 26, 2010 3:55 pm

unfortunatly none of my girly friends were able to afford tickets this year, so im sorta in need of some help :D its just gonna be us and a few friends that are "hair and make-up" illiterate.
)'(pixi)'(

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Wed May 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Hello naiba.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

teardropper
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Post by teardropper » Thu May 27, 2010 6:07 am

Wow. Getting married on the playa. That's cool. We get divorced on the playa. Just for the week.

Tell us where it will be, we'll all throw imaginary rice. Damn moop.
\^/
/..\ Furthur

ConnieH

Post by ConnieH » Thu May 27, 2010 10:21 am

Maybe you could practice doing your own between now and then? (radical self-reliance ;) )

Or toss any preconceived ideas to the wind and let the playa provide in whatever form it takes...you may end up in full body paint, but what a cool (and memorable) wedding dress that would be! :D

hammer

Post by hammer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:35 pm

teardropper wrote: Tell us where it will be, we'll all throw imaginary rice. Damn moop.
Take playa, mix with water in the morning, let get cakey in the sun, break into tiny rice-sized chunks... Voila, MOOP-safe rice.

Congrats! One of the guys in my camp, while at BM last year (first time, and first I'd met him) realized he should never have separated from his wife. They are now back together (apparently she agreed with his sentiments), and they reaffirming their vows at BM this year. Fortunately our friend (and fellow DFT member) is a minister (via internet and $15), who married my wife and I last year (in RI).

Again, congrats!
DFT Co-Founder 2009, 2008 Virgin
Visit us this year at _____ and ____.

Not a single one of your ancestors died young. They all copulated at least once.
-- Richard Dawkins

TobeWilde

Me ..me...ME!

Post by TobeWilde » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:01 pm

:o PM me...I'd love to do this for you! I am a professional wedding photographer (I would NEVER have revealed this here, if not for this event) and I know scads about doing hair (that's my camp's gift this year, in fact!) and yah...make up too. Are you going for a special look? How rad, how awesome, how fun! :D
Tobe
<b>October Wilde - <i>"Tobe"</i></b>
Birgin 2010
<b><i>"I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself." Anais Nin </b></i>

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Congratulations! I can do mohawks!...fan and liberty spikes...
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

missziggy

Post by missziggy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am

I am a trained makeup artist and I would love to help you out with your makeup.

We're still not sure if we'll be there on tuesday or wednesday though. I'll PM you a little closer to the date to let you know.
xoxo
N

missypixi

Post by missypixi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:38 pm

we dont know where it is going to be at, we want to look around the first day and find a good location. :D and then i figured we could have it tuesday and then the rest of the time can be like our honeymoon.
)'(pixi)'(

some seeing eye
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:56 pm

My dear friends did a Hindu themed wedding in our camp. Campers love arranging the food, drink, hugging and photographing, videoing, sound recording. The ceremony can be anywhere in BRC, but camp is easier. Send the word for everyone to wear their finest! There are also some special gifted love hotels about. Congratulations!!

missypixi

Post by missypixi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:15 am

there is a gifted "love hotel"? what is it all about? i am very curious!
)'(pixi)'(

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:25 am

missypixi wrote:there is a gifted "love hotel"? what is it all about? i am very curious!
Sounds like private time in a personal RV!

some seeing eye
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:50 pm

I don't remember which camp was gifting a night in the beautiful room they had constructed and decorated in their camp which also had a small sultry dance spot decorated in tapestries and old gold frames. It was more gypsy or Bedouin, not an RV. There was also someone who did the same with a yurt. You might search the camp list and archives.

Or maybe your campmates would like to construct a dream spot - hey are you campmates listening?

TEFKAA

I could also use some help getting ready for my wedding!

Post by TEFKAA » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:25 pm

I am also getting married at the burn this year. I have been wondering how to handle my hair as well, and I see I'm not the only playa bride with that concern. :) If anyone is available to assist me with my hair, I'd really appreciate it with all of my heart. We have a camp shower so I can have it washed and hopefully detangled...I'm just lost on styling it without access to a hair dryer or flat iron. Please feel free to private message me if you're interested. We will be camped at 4:30 and Detroit.

PlayaHoney

Post by PlayaHoney » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:37 am

MissyPixi and TEFKAA!!!

My fiance ("pittie full" on ePlaya) and I are getting Married on the Playa, this year, too!!! We're planning on doing our ceremony at sunrise on Saturday morning, in the Temple of Flux.

We have friends doing hairfalls for her, and basically a whole wedding support team! INCLUDING BACON FLOWER BOUQUETS! If you need to borrow bridesmaids, I'm sure we can find ya some!

Maybe we can exchange help and wisdom?

get in touch!

PS... A fantastic person to talk to is Armadillo Puttanesca. She's the "official" Playa Wedding Coordinator. She's been super helpful for us, and she'd certainly be happy to hear from you. I've never looked for her on ePlaya... but I'm sure she's around.

Leaving Harrisburg, Pa. in 23 days and CAN'T WAIT

~Hippy Dad~!
If it ain't broke, BREAK IT!

TEFKAA

Post by TEFKAA » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:08 am

Hey there Hippy Dad!

Congrats on the upcoming playa nuptials! Your bacon bouquets sound awesome...I'd like to check those out.

We are getting married on Thursday a couple hours before sunset and are camped at Camp 54 at 4:30 and Detroit. Feel free to message me via eplaya or come find us on the actual playa. We'd love to toast your happiness with you.

Thanks for replying and I hope to hear from you or see you on the playa!
:mrgreen:

Magpie Sparkles

Post by Magpie Sparkles » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:50 pm

If you come to the Berserkus Boudor at 9 and F, my friends in that camp are also getting married on Tuesday evening and in that camp are several makeup artists giving makeovers - come along in the afternoon and they will sort you right out.

Congratualtions - I hope your wedding is magical xx

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”