Getting carded on the playa

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
Trishntek
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Re: Getting carded on the playa

Post by Trishntek » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:09 pm

We have TWO of these which are 2'X3' and posted on both corners of our frontage.

RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!

Marscrumbs

Post by Marscrumbs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:42 am

I'm thinking about bringing a fake ID so I can get the playa senior discounts.

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:16 am

akmojo wrote:BBS....
what about Vladimir P.
he is THE law there.......
V. V. Putin is great Russian leader, but is after Soviet Union. However if asked who is greatest Russian leader, he would well be in Running. along with A. Y. Nevsky and Ivans III and IV. (the Great, and the Terrible).

Irreverent Moniker wrote:the answer is obviously Stalin. he came to power in a country of farmers and hand labor, he left a country with nuclear weapons and on the verge of space flight
Which is why a lot of way older Russians (and younger ones, too) wish for a strong leader like him to return. He took Russia from an agrarian country much as it had been for centuries, and turned it into a first world superpower. Had he not suffered from "Dictators Paranoia" (seems to be a common affliction) one never knows what heights they would have reached. Unfortunately, when you imprison and kill off your talent... well, the Germans did that, too. :roll:

As a side note... he re-opened the Churches and Monasteries during WW2; they were only closed again by Khrushchev who worked really hard to destroy those left standing. Kind of strange turnarounds. As to Yeltzin, Putin, and Medvedyev, they all worked hard to bring the church back as a great unifying force, much as J. S. Stalin did...

And another side note... As Paranoid as the US was during the Cold War era, the Russians were just as Paranoid and, honestly, worried, as we had troops and arms aimed their way since WW2. Had we listened, instead of using them as "the red menace" the cold war may never had happened... then again, had we listened to them, we would not have stuck our noses in Afghanistan...

So the question was...

"Are you 21 years of age or older?
Is it legal for you to consume alcohol in the state of Nevada?
What american capitalist, famous for his award given from what would be a future US enemy, made a fortune from the Russian Revolution (So much so he built a factory closer to Russia to exploit this huge customer base), and what was he selling or buying from Russia??"

mazatta

Post by mazatta » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 am

I feel like I'm going to need to bring a sat-phone, just so I can phone my friend that recently completed his masters in Russian history.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:What american capitalist, famous for his award given from what would be a future US enemy, made a fortune from the Russian Revolution (So much so he built a factory closer to Russia to exploit this huge customer base), and what was he selling or buying from Russia??"
Armand Hammer, CEO of Occidental Petroleum. Made his fortune selling stationery supplies to the USSR (but is better known to Americans for his buying of Faberge Eggs)

Also said to be the only man on friendly terms with both Lenin & Reagan.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:52 pm

This Woman wrote:BTW, the penalty is up to 6 months in jail or up to $1,000 fine. It can really knock the wind out of your burn, and best to be avoided.

Ill take the fine over jail time thank you if i have a choice...
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:
Irreverent Moniker wrote:the answer is obviously Stalin. he came to power in a country of farmers and hand labor, he left a country with nuclear weapons and on the verge of space flight
Which is why a lot of way older Russians (and younger ones, too) wish for a strong leader like him to return. He took Russia from an agrarian country much as it had been for centuries, and turned it into a first world superpower. Had he not suffered from "Dictators Paranoia" (seems to be a common affliction) one never knows what heights they would have reached. Unfortunately, when you imprison and kill off your talent... well, the Germans did that, too.
Stalin is fascinating. I read both Simon Sebag Montefiore in the last twelve months. The one of them concerning his time as the leader of the Soviet Union (well, it started later than '24, about thirty) was really chilling. Something about someone being beaten so hard his eyes popped out of his sockets caught my attention. Alas, I have not traveled to Russia, so what I might have to say about what people there want is likely to be shallow and uninformed, but it seems so much a part of the murderous, manipulative bastard that people would see only one side of the power...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

DustHand
Burning Since: 2010

Post by DustHand » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 pm

I always have my DL and health insurance card on my person. Not so much for getting carded (I'm 40 after all) but if I were to fall off the bike and crack my head open, I want someone to be able to know who the hell I am.

And I lock my passport up in case I lose the DL, that way I can still fly home.

Yes...a tad OCD.
Burner from Baltimore
)'(

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”