One Item for BMan 2013 a Day

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: One Item for BM a Day

Post by Ratty » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:43 am

Because....The JOTS are the only place where I leave my bike unlocked. (When you gotta go......). This thing is no trouble to put on in a hurry but a puzzle to get off if you don't know how it works. I can quickly strap it around my frame and a couple of spokes. The bike won't roll away while I'm peeing. :oops:
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:58 am

Oh, I get it now..."protect your ride" as in bicycle. Duh. :oops: :D
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

danibel
Burning Since: 2009

Post by danibel » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:27 pm

The talk of bike locks has me thinking I might invest in a U-lock with combo for the portos. I have been walking when near camp and when out and about, and nature calls, I hold it and lock the dang bike. Tired of dealing with the curly chain, a quick u-lock would be nice. I will spend some time researching this evening...

And my one item for the day: I bought a pattern for a cloak off Ebay. Now that I have also looked at fabric I realize I should have bought that cloak last week at the antique fair for $40. :roll:

But If I had bought the cloak, I wouldn't have the satisfaction of making my own.
In dust we trust.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm a sucker for the clearance aisle. Today I bought battery op. lights that look just like an old fashioned lightbulb and fixture. Complete with a pull chain. They were originally $10 for a pkg of 2. I scored for just $2. I figure they will look great on a hat or helmet. Now, what to put them on?

OK. I bought 2 packages but that's only because there weren't more.

Edited by moderator to add:

The planning and preparation continues in the 2014 season thread - check it out!
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”