One item for BMan 2014 a day

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
Maizie
Burning Since: 2011

Re: One item for BMan 2014 a day

Post by Maizie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:41 pm

Made it home! Doing all the cleaning over the next few days so that everything is organized for next time.
"At least half of planning for a successful Burn includes thinking of how to avoid being a problem for others." - delle

chuckularone
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish Out Of Water

Re: One item for BMan 2015 a day

Post by chuckularone » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:25 am

Gear "cleaned" and stored in Vegas. Have/Need lists made. Back at work and "working..."
Remember kiddoes, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

chuckularone:: Pronounced: Chuck-You-Lar-One
http://makerandfixerofthings.blogspot.com
KF4JPE

geospyder
Burning Since: 2017

Post by geospyder » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:30 am

Today's project is cleaning the tent and first attempt at cleaning the Jeep. I knew my tire tread was low but the dust highlighted it even more. Questionably OK for highway but definitely not for rain or snow. Looks like I'll be getting new tires later this week. Along with a "dropped/shattered" phone replacement this is an expensive week back in the Defaultia :(
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.

EmilyD
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Art Car Camp

Post by EmilyD » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Unloading and cleaning has been set back by unwelcome UTI infection. It's still not resolved after 4 days of Cipro. I'm wondering if all my bike-riding and pee-holding broke something up in there. Sorry if TMI but this is making me miserable!
You don't have to be skinny, naked and under 30 to be a Hottie!

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Completed online census questionnaire. Truck washed, cart off trailer, crap from truck bed on trailer to be sorted later. Filled empty frig with new food. Spoiled food put in bin, bags of stuff I never even opened back in the house. 3 carports stacked near motorhome at home. I slept in the open past Tuesday on a GI cot. I did not even put up a tent. I brought too much STUFF. :coffee:
Image current moon
" Build your wall. we got tunnels. " - George Lopez

Madgirl
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Post by Madgirl » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Laundry done. Last of the food unpacked into the kitchen cabinets, including some very dusty beer in the fridge.
The playa isn't "home" to anything or anyone, it's not magic, it's just a goddamm camping trip. A really awesome one. -Captain Goddammit

Martiansky
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Post by Martiansky » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:33 pm

The back of the truck is unpacked and I took it through the carwash this morning. Got most of the playa dust off. Will work on cleaning the cab later.
My sister and I decided we should keep the bins in her basement so everything is in one place and accessable.
Hung the canvas for the monkeyhut floor over the back railing and have begun to scrape off playa chunks that mondays rainstorm left glued to it.

Definately going to downsize how much we bring since once again we didnt need to bring everything we did.
Too much food, too much water, too many clothes, didnt need the grommet press and grommets this year,
or as many tools as I brought.
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

EmilyD

Post by EmilyD » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:26 am

Yup, also brought too much food, and not enough of the right food. I noted all this and stuck it in my folder for a reminder next time. It seemed like a very warm year during the nights. I only wore warm clothes three times at night. Although I missed the M&G I did stop by the night before with Sham and saw DAB, Doc, a very wobbly Bounce, and Elorrum. I also stopped by Hushville and had a short visit with AntiM.

skippy3k
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 8:15 and J....or close to it.

Post by skippy3k » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:36 am

Good god, why do we do this? Yesterday we cleaned out the trailer and truck. Like CLEANED cleaned. I am sore and exhausted. The rain made cleaning playa chunks off our rugs a little challenging. 10 loads of laundry and we still have bins of stuff to sort through. One lesson learned is to not rush when we tear our camp down. If we take our time and put things away in the proper place it makes the whole unloading/cleaning process a little better.
I'm a fixer. I fix things.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:02 am

Getting some heavy rain today, sooooooo went for a drive to blast through some puddles that power washed the undercarriage!!! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Oldguy

Post by Oldguy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Everything is now off the trailer, and in the house or motorhome. Still need to do laundry.

Got a visit from the city code enforcement officer yesterday, I got a complaint from a neighbor about an " untidy " front yard. The default world caused me to hurry back into its " loving " arms. Every thing is spic and also span. Who knew there were yard police?

:coffee:
Image current moon
" Build your wall. we got tunnels. " - George Lopez

EmilyD

Post by EmilyD » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:38 am

Who else is STILL cleaning? Please pass the vinegar!

spacetime
Burning Since: 2014

Post by spacetime » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:17 pm

EmilyD wrote:Who else is STILL cleaning? Please pass the vinegar!
I still have most of my gear out (in order somewhat clean) ready for final inventory before pack / put away.

I set my tarp back up in the backyard this morning to get a few days of enjoyment out of it. Even though I cleaned it all once, I still got enough playa dust on my hands to warrant a splash of lemon juice. :p

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:48 pm

I may have almost finished the cleaning. (Notice all the hesitance?) I keep finding more playa covered stuff. I still have a trip to the laundromat. Damn cats. Some things in the yard were not needing laundry until the feral cat colony found it. I can't wait to repackage my costumes. 2½ gallon freezer bags with complete costumes in each bag. EVERYTHING including undies and jewelry. What I can't package will go on the auction block next year. I brought approx. 3 giant tubs too many clothes this year. Never again. Unless of course I bring it to gift.
Oh crap. I still have to deal with lights and batteries.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

EmilyD

Post by EmilyD » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:26 pm

Ugh, yes lights and batteries. I finally finished the trailer. The exterior of the van is done. Now I just need to vacuum and remove the old seat covers. I used them over the new ones as a dust barrier. It worked great actually. I'm glad I didn't dump them.

Spacetime, do you find that lemon juice works better than vinegar?

Edited by moderator to add: the 2015 One Item a day thread can be found here

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”